70DartMike's road trip across Canada / US

-
Stopping in Sault Ste Marie tonight. Anyone know of any pubs/bars with good food?

About 15 years ago my buddy and I went on a road trip in his 74 Fury 440 cop car, while comming back into the states through Sault Ste Marie I remember seeing a 50's style diner with a bullet nose Studeabaker either displayed in front or maybe it was mounted on the roof, I remember the head lights were on to grab your attention. We would have stopped but they were closed at the time and plus it was cheaper to eat at Arby's lol

Maybe check it out if the place is around, I have a picture of that place somewhere, if I find it I will scan it. Glad your trip is going well, looks like fun!!

Sounds like a cool place Keith, I'll see if we can find it tomorrow. We are at Dock's bar watching a cover band called Box Car Junction, having some beers/ciders.

We're headed for Toronto tomorrow. We won't sleep there though, but outside of it. Anyone have any recommendations for a nice place to stop?

............glad ur having fun, hopefully some members will chime in and take u up on ur offer to meet them b4 u pass thru...........kim..........

That's what I was hoping for too Kim, but haven't had many bites yet. Especially considering this will probably be the only time I'll be passing through.

Cudacox is in Innisfil, which is very close to Barrie/Orillia. Send him a pm....he spends more time at work on FABO then working so a meetup shouldnt be an issue LOL

Damn, already passed through there. We were going to do the CN Tower thing, but it's pretty cloudy today which would defeat the purpose, so we're instead in Niagara Falls. Tomorrow we'll do the CN Tower, and then head for Ottawa/Gatineau where Mike (2Darts) has said we can stay.

Niagara falls, shitty cell phone quality for now..

4BECC99A-4892-4D72-9627-7F7DFA4CEAAB-979-000000851E3BD5AD_zps5de915d0.jpg

7DDEA4B6-8C73-4FA5-BFE6-68BF5915997C-979-000000852563549C_zps4d602351.jpg

More pics from camera coming soon.

Just did the CN Tower, ate a greasy hot dog, watched insane traffic drive around while Toronto Blue Jays fans flooded the streets, and now I get to drive in that traffic towards Ottawa. Pictures coming later.

After this little incident..

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=233041

We're back up and running, heading first for Kingston where a friend from work lives, and then to Ottawa/Gatineau.

And thanks for the offer John (moparwedden) who PM'd me saying he's an hour away but has the day off today and offered to drive out here with a belt. Very much appreciated.

Hello Mike, Glad to hear your backup and running this morning....... If you go through southern Michigan, we are just north of the I-94 corridor at Battle Creek. If you get close and want to shop by, that would be great. We live here, and our shop is here too. Just PM us if you may be interested. Have a safe one.

We just left Ottawa, after spending a couple days with Mike (2Darts) and his girlfriend Natalie. They were incredibly nice to us, and very hospitable. We're now in Montreal, just making some late lunch and figuring out the easiest way to see Old Montreal.

Thanks for stopping by, was nice meeting you both.
Hope you guy's have a great adventure.
Hopefully you get to meet more of the FABO family members along the road.
Keep in-touch! and the father in me says be safe.

Oh and let me know how the repair is holding out ;)
Mike & Nathalie (aka 5darts)

Attachments

• Mike & Carmen.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 187
We didn't end up doing Old Montreal as the rush hour traffic was insane, and we had a hard enough time just getting through the city.
We're in Quebec City for the night, which I realized I hate driving in at night. Between the ignorant driving and not knowing French, it's no fun. We had poutine for dinner at Chez Ashton, who claim they're the ones who invented poutine.

I told you the story about the 12 meg photos my staff like taking.....well Rick took a video instead of a picture....

Good morning Mike :cheers: I hope you have a grand day and enjoy this Saturday 8-)
How many miles have you clocked so far ? I have never seen Niagara falls in
person and sounds like some fun and crazy times you are having :color:
Whats for breakfast :coffee2: memike is hungry :D
Glad to see you are up and running, what is on your agenda today ?

We've done around 4500 miles = 7240 km's. The trip is going great so far! McDonald's coffee and fruit for breakfast.
Today we're doing Old Quebec City, and then leaving Quebec for Fredericton, New Brunswick.

We've done around 4500 miles = 7240 km's. The trip is going great so far! McDonald's coffee and fruit for breakfast.
Today we're doing Old Quebec City, and then leaving Quebec for Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Wow :cheers: Happy motoring and may the sun shine on you today Mike :color:
I just enjoyed a bowl of hot oat meal with raisins and toast with Cherry jam my self 8-)
Enjoy this great adventure Mike, what a great blessing to enjoy the country side today and see things you have never seen before :color:

Stopped in Edmunston, New Brunswick for the night.

Here's some pictures, long overdue.

On the way to Regina, Saskatchewan.

001_zps6b41b56d.jpg

And some of Regina, Saskatchewan, downtown.

002_zpsbd9277f1.jpg

004_zps94f1ec1d.jpg

Grenfell, Saskatchewan.

014_zps0b0f0548.jpg

016_zpsd5454c9f.jpg

Cool Polara ragtop in Grenfell..

017_zpsda3c38ba.jpg

018_zpsc3624a20.jpg

020_zps0397b502.jpg

-
Back