70DartMike's road trip across Canada / US

-
We took the $200, 6 hour ferry ride over from Sydney, Nova Scotia, to Port aux Basques, Newfoundland yesterday. Almost got into it with an aggressive semi truck driver after his ignorance.. But made it safely over.
We drove to Corner Brook where we slept, and counted 10 moose hanging out on the side of the highway, all within 200 km's.
Any Newfoundland members want to meet, let me know, because we probably won't be over for a long time. It's beautiful over here, but that was a long ferry ride.. Lol.

Beautiful pics! Very cool ya got grafix on the van! Anyone who meets 2darts is a better person for it. Great pics/trip

Newfoundland members! Please let us know if you're anywhere along the Trans Canada highway, from St. John's to Port aux Basques. We're leaving Upper Island Cove / Bay Roberts area today and heading for the ferry in the next couple days. We'd be happy to stop by, meet more members, and see your rides.

Anyways, these past few days we've been staying with a friend, Andrew, who I worked with in the uranium mine. Andrew and his girlfriend Tarra took us on a tour all around St. John's, Cupids, Briggus, Signal Hill, the Battery, Harbour Grace, etc. We had lunch at Jungle Jim's, breakfast at Madrock Cafe, and got drunk with a bunch of Newfies.

I've only seen one Mopar while on the island, it was a 74 - 76 Dart, light green with a black Bumblebee stripe. Also saw a 69 ish Mercury Cougar, and a bunch of Mustangs. Andrew said his friend's father has a garage full of Mopars, including a 1969 Daytona, a 1969 Hemi Charger, a 1970 440 Charger, and some year of New Yorker.

I'll update soon with pictures.

Hi. Sounds like your having a great trip and seeing alot of the country.That car collection must belong to Vernon Smith. That fellow has a really nice collection and not only mopars. A friend of mine visited it last year and said it was amazing. If anybody wants to see it he has a web site

Hi again. Sorry I pushed the wrong button and posted too soon. The site is Vernons Antique Toy Shop. Do you know when you will be passing through N.B. again? When you were visiting John in Moncton I was away on vacation and now am back. If you have the time I would like to meet up with you. I'm 15 minutes east of Moncton in Shediac. Bobby

Wow! Just look at those old buildings :glasses7: Good job on the side graphics 2darts, that was a cool move bud :cheers: Still enjoying this thread :happy1:
Like Keith said Cool stuff going on here that's for sure :glasses7:

Hi again. Sorry I pushed the wrong button and posted too soon. The site is Vernons Antique Toy Shop. Do you know when you will be passing through N.B. again? When you were visiting John in Moncton I was away on vacation and now am back. If you have the time I would like to meet up with you. I'm 15 minutes east of Moncton in Shediac. Bobby

Meeting up sounds great, we were actually hoping to stop by and see John and Cheryl again. Any chance you could drive your Cuda to John's?

Sounds great to us John!

We're spending the night in Gander, at McDonalds right now taking advantage of the free wifi. Hopefully I'll get some pictures uploaded and posted in a bit.
Today we drove from Upper Island Cove, through Bay Roberts, through Dildo (yes, there is a town called Dildo here), to Clarenville, and now in Gander.

Alright, more pictures.

Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Heading for Moncton, New Brunswick.

Got to John's (1968Dartman) in Moncton. His 1968 Dart 340.

Parlee Beach, New Brunswick.

Saw this sweeeet 1962 Dart 440 model for... $10,000 !!! WTF!

On our way to PEI.

Crossing the 13 km Confederation Bridge over the Atlantic Ocean to PEI.

On PEI, lots of red dirt/sand.

Charlottetown, PEI.

The building where all the liquor was stored on PEI about 100 years ago (I think), so the government could take control of the alcohol consumption.

Somewhere in Nova Scotia..

We left Gander yesterday morning and stopped in Corner Brook to get some souvenirs and dinner. We then weren't sure what to do with our time, so we caught the midnight sailing back to Sydney, Nova Scotia. The sailing to Newfoundland was only 6 hours, but the same sailing back took almost 11 hours! We had free showers at the pool again, and now we're doing some laundry. We're heading to Halifax today, then Lockporte.

Cool pics Mike! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Would like to do the same some day!

We slept in Truro, Nova Scotia last night, and today we drove around Halifax, where Carmen did some shopping. Then we walked around Lockporte, a tiny historical town where the first provincial street in Nova Scotia started. A bunch of Carmen's great great great etc grandparents are from there. We're in Shelburne for the night (founded in 1750) where Carmen also had relatives, some of whom were pirates, and who's names are on a memorable plaque on the water front.

-
Back