71 Demon 383 build

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I have a 383 with a stroker kit(496) that I would like to put in my 71 Dodge Demon
I asked this question about my 68 Cuda and the response was almost 80% "dont try it
Now I am looking at putting the 383 inb my Dodge Demon?
Thoughts?

DO IT, DO IT NOW! all bs aside, a 383 is a killer street mill. Short stroke, big bore, fast revving, and can get nice HP # w/ manners.. I had a 383Mag in my 68 Coronet w/ a 4 spd... should have NEVER lost her. Can't replace that. Stupid *** kid in my 20s, couldn't see that they would.dry up and become expensive...also, maybe don't matter, but the " B" engines, 361, 383, 400,have a low deck, it'll give you more room than a RB mill..

I'm putting one in my Durt (Duster front end/Dart Sport). The short block assembly has been at the machine since mid-July. He's a one man show, and very busy. So, do it, gets my vote.

Got a 400 in my 71 demon with 68 gts manifolds..fits like a glove

I have a 383 with a stroker kit(496) that I would like to put in my 71 Dodge Demon
I asked this question about my 68 Cuda and the response was almost 80% "dont try it
Thoughts?
Yep, that's a great idea.

I'm putting a 400-470 in my 70 dart, because I want to, anyone saying don't do it probably can't, or like stock, or swear a small block can do the same thing. remember 426 hemi was in the same engine compartment in 68 s/s darts & barracudas, that's alot more engine size.

Do it plenty of motor for that body. I put 1 in a swinger I biu for my daughter.

IMAG2486.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

I don't believe that there is a valid debate. 383 with the potential of almost 500 cid and 600 steetable hp or over 500 cid with a 400 block. Aluminum heads, water pump and heads take care of the lbs difference. Don't want to work when you change plugs then your just lazy.

Anything 67+ will have a big enough engine bay. The biggest hurdle is exhaust.
One of these days I may build a big block A body. I can only imagine how much fun it would be on the street.

A buddy of mine has a 71 demon whid a 500 cui hemi whid a 10/71 blower its tight but can be done all steal

Thoughts?
Should have done it, do it now!

There used to be a pizza chain called "godfathers"
& The actor always said.....DO IT !!!!

-
Back