-
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsautosvc

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys and gals, new guy here...ran across this site looking for info on my 73 Duster 440 swap and knew I had to join ! Lot of cool people here. Not many A-body fans around here. So here's the deal..I have 2 decent A-bodies(71 Demon and 73 rust-free Duster) and 2 steel crank 440 engines,(only want to do one 440 car). Anyway, to get this party started, I need to get rid of one of them. So I'm gonna throw'em out there and see which one sells.
If anyone has any questions or needs more info, you can call me at my shop anytime,
334-598-2880 71 Demon is very straight and needs ds floor, 73 Duster is from Az. and is TOTALLY rust-free, needs int., and paint. Posting pics of the Demon today and will post the Duster later. Asking 3500.00/trade on Demon, does that sound about right? Let me know, people around here think it's a 800.00 car.....but they don't know what it is. Will listen to any comments or advice on this car !! Looking forward to some good talk here.
Thanks in advance everybody , Robert

mini-DSC00630.JPG

mini-DSC00631.JPG

mini-DSC00642.JPG

mini-DSC00640.JPG

mini-DSC00641.JPG

mini-DSC00648.JPG

mini-DSC00664.JPG

yeah thats an $800 car I'LL BUY IT lol i think your priced about right with a little wiggle room

For comparison, I purchased a 72 Demon, but a 318 car with a complete A/C that needed seals.

Seats were 2 tone with drop center armrest, and new upholstery & door panels.....plain Jane exterior like your 71........2 year old paint w/clearcoat, so it was really nice when polished.....a good project car to start with. I paid $5,000. ..........now that was about 3 years ago...........Today, I would expect to pay about $6000. or a little more for the same starter car.......

With the slant 6, the price goes down.......paint condition will affect it.......standard bench will affect it........etc........SO, an educated guess on yours would be about $2500. or so from what I see, and that depends on rust, running condition, front end and brakes, etc........anything it needs that will cost bigger bucks will bring it down some.............

The right buyer will make the difference........someone who needs a solid body and frame might pay your price for their project car........who knows............at any rate, good luck with the sale. :-D

Thanks guys...First, I'm in L.A. ( lower Alabama ) and second i appreciate the input. The car does need a ds floor,ps leaks, front end loose,does run and drive pretty good, all electrical is good and body is very straight. I got this car from some people in the hills outside B'ham (you can hear the banjos)They were actually using it as a daily driver untill ps leak. I really want to keep it, but i have a Duster that is even better shape, so i would like to put my 440 in it and play. Besides, i use my 72 Charger SE as MY daily driver.

For comparison, I purchased a 72 Demon, but a 318 car with a complete A/C that needed seals.

Seats were 2 tone with drop center armrest, and new upholstery & door panels.....plain Jane exterior like your 71........2 year old paint w/clearcoat, so it was really nice when polished.....a good project car to start with. I paid $5,000. ..........now that was about 3 years ago...........Today, I would expect to pay about $6000. or a little more for the same starter car.......

With the slant 6, the price goes down.......paint condition will affect it.......standard bench will affect it........etc........SO, an educated guess on yours would be about $2500. or so from what I see, and that depends on rust, running condition, front end and brakes, etc........anything it needs that will cost bigger bucks will bring it down some.............

The right buyer will make the difference........someone who needs a solid body and frame might pay your price for their project car........who knows............at any rate, good luck with the sale. :-D
I almost agree.
Consider the difference between a 2009 Challenger SE V6 and the SRT8. 18 thousand or 80%. I'd ask 25 hundred for it and take anything over 2 thousand in todays market. Good luck

I drive by your place at least once a week, eyeing up both cars. I stopped once to look inside them, they both look pretty clean. I think $3500 for the Demon is a very fair price. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a Duster restore and can only handle one at a time.

What are your plains for the Charger at your shop?

I'd say if it runs and drives, only needing some work for rust in the DS floor, 2000-3000 is a good point of reference for the high side of the market.

There is one that is for sale in CA, not as good a color combo, but better shape for $2500. I know what it sold for before the current seller got it and you'd be shocked.

I agree with the previous poster that $2000 would be a decent value for both sides. If you toss in a 440 with the deal, that increases value a bit.

Just like anything else. It is worth what you can get for it. If people around you will only pay 800$. Then that is what it is worth.

But I would say two thousand sounds about right.

Hey,Duster Troy..nice to hear from someone close. About the Charger,i put it up for sale to see if anyone would be interested...(so shout at me if you are looking for a 72 SE w/hideways and slapstick)so far the only ones are tire kickers or just gawkers...but thats ok, i like my business and can handle a few people asking questions.Stop in and see me sometime.
And i agree with you Burntorange70, i say it all the time, somethings only worth what you can get for it, but since i don't have to give it away, i will try other avenues to come up with a better deal. I live in a Chevy /Ford area and you don't see many Mopars here.That's why i'm glad i found this site, this is awesome, actually communicating with people about the same things you like. And this is the only place i have these vehicles advertised.
But getting back to the Charger, i want to get it to the paint shop so it won't be so ugly,and install ds seat cover...do the drivetrain later,runs too good to tear down now,and its all original...drives great!!!

Robert,

You are right, our area is Ford/Chevy, mostly Ford, oriented but there are a few of us Mopar guys around. Next time I'm working at Ft. Rucker I'll stop in.

Hey Robert: Glad to have ya with us here but i need help on the color of your Demon. Is it a faded red or a faded panther pink? Orange? It looks as though the seats are in original hide. Are the seats stock covers? How many miles on the Demon?

Hey Smallblock,thanks for the welcome!! As far as the color, the car was originally green,the interior not so sure,looks like they were re-covered at one point.What you see is exactly the way i bought the car...haven't done anything to it yet.Runs and drives,just haven't touched it. That's kinda why i should let it go. Too many dream projects and not enough time or money for any of them. Thought if i thinned'em down i could focus on something.

you should decode the fender tag. The more info you can give some one the better. On the net people can't see your car in person to get a fell for what they are buying. So the more you can tell them the better. It gives them peice of mind if you will. People here will ask a lot of stuff. What trans, rear end gears, color ect.

Good luck to you on the sell.

Actually have de-coded the best i could with what i could find, but if you ask, i will be more than happy to answer anything.
I thought i knew about these cars until i found this site,now i feel STOOOPID!

Ok, I am in Bay Minette (near Mobile). Where is Daleville? I wouldn't mind looking at it. Is it close enough for me to come with a trailer on a Saturday from my area to look at it? With all the talk of 2000 to 3000 value, did you ever decide on a firm cash price? PM or email me.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back