-
Status
Not open for further replies.

roboman7s

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Just giving a little heads up. Drove 12 hours total to look at this car. People wear me out. Southern solid rust free car is far from correct. Pictures look a hundred times better than in person. I should have knew it was to good to be true. Spare Tire hole is pure bondo and maybe fiberglass, rear quarters are filled in bondo, trunk lip corners are rusted clear out and fiber glassed in. All I can think is it sat under a tree, rear window back is rough, window forward is decently solid. Not try to bash just trying to give a heads up to others.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/3982344791.html

71 Demon Ebaymotors

Wow, that Ebay ad could use some picture help. That's a shame you drove that far for nothing.

Well It is a good thing you went, I almost bought one on ebay, but I flew to St. Louis and I would have been pissed if I actually bought it.... I am looking for an org. "H" code Demon. The one you looked at says it was a /6 but has a 318 now. there is one here in Texas that I believe was a /6 and now has a 340. Not sure what you want to spend, but I think the guy was asking $17,500. I talked to him and I bet he would take $15k. He said all the body work was done correct. I have not looked at it because I am really only intrested in a Real 340. I could check it out for you if you like and if he still has it.

The term "good shape" , I discovered, is a judgement call, and some peoples judgement isn't worth a damn. I ran into the same type of thing you did. I live in FL and was looking for a car with minimal rust or areas that had been fixed right. I drove all over the South looking at cars. Every single car that I looked at had issues far worse than the description had said.

FInally, a guy in Nevada had one for sale on ebag that had spent it's life in Nevada and Arizona. I asked him to send photos of the car. HE sent a 100 photos of the car prior to prep for paint and photos of the car as he prepped it. It truly was a rust free car.

If you have the time or means I would look out west for a car that was continously registered out there as the climate preserves cars. It would be extra in terms of time and frig factor but worth it in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah Rust free means the rust comes with the car for free. Doesnt matter if its craigslist, ebay or even fabo.

been there ,done that !!!! Duster I looked at last week had 1/2 PLYWOOD for back floors, back seat and trunk/firewall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well guys after doing some searching I finally found one that we like!! Bought it from a Fabo member, super nice car and super nice People. Glad the search is over, and only 3-1/2 hours from home. Who would have known.

A buddy went and looked at it two weeks ago. I posted pics on what it was worth. I think I even posted that it was in rough shape on this site.

Dang, wish I would have seen that before AbodyFan, I could have saved myself alot of grief. No wonder the guy didn't come back out and he just sent the wife.:banghead:

WOW, I looked at that car down here in FL about 2 years ago.

The guy was just "finishing" it, and wanted 5K.

I had to hold back the laughter when I saw the green jambs with the pink/red paint.

He even proudly opened and presented the trunk, so I could see the poorly applied layers of fiberglass, right over the rust holes, and nonexistant trunk floor to tail panel seam.

Drove 12 hours total to look at this car

are you nuts?? just looking at those crappy pictures i could have told you not to drive 12 hours to look at it. you can tell by just those crappy pictures that its an abortion. imagine if there were actually decent pictures in that ad..

i honestly don't see anything in that ad that would make anyone think it was worth a 12 hour drive to look at especially at the current bid of $6500.

blacked out under hood....first clue of p.o.s.

how about the rats nest of wires under the hood. the unpainted trunk. its all green and looks rough in there. the half assed painted grille, the dash and console painted all half assed.

I have my 6cyl./340 car for sale, original paint, no bondo, original panels, body color engine comp. body color trunk and black out radiator support like Mopar made them. New harness no cut dash, I can't get any interest. It's on here for sale, craigslist and feebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back