'71 Demon Pro Street/Touring

-
Waiting for the video...:coffee2:
Here ya go. I started the car rolling then stomped on it, didn't hook up at all in first, :shock:. But that must have warmed them up nicely, a couple minutes later on our way back into town a new 2013 Roush mustang fell victim to the Demon. First kill.

[ame]http://youtu.be/mSaD8Fn915k[/ame]
[ame]http://youtu.be/G8uNcMjm6ZA[/ame]

Awesome, the car rocks too!! Congrats on a most impressive MOPAR

Thank you sir!

That's a lot of rubber being roasted. Impressive to watch. Thanks for posting.
The revs jumped up fast. Do you have a rev limiter?

Your car sounds and looks great!Nice job!!:D

Thank you kindly!

That's a lot of rubber being roasted. Impressive to watch. Thanks for posting.
The revs jumped up fast. Do you have a rev limiter?

Yes, I have a MSD 6AL-2 that is set at 7200rpm for limiter. I try to shift by 6800rpm, when I look, lol. Usually I shift when it stops pulling :). On that run I think I dinged the limiter just as I shifted, was a bit overzealous.

Rod (Rodzilla) and his wife joined us at the Nat's and what a great time
we had! With HemiDenny, HemiMark, 62bt409, Mr. & Mrs. Joe Pappas
(Mopar Missile) and other friends we had a group of over 20 people that
spent most of three days together. Best time I've had in years.

I hope somebody posts just some of the literaly 100's of tent pictures
that were taken in the events forum thread. All I got were a couple of
shots from the hotel parking lot when we arrived Thursday.

Rod (Rodzilla) and his wife joined us at the Nat's and what a great time
we had! With HemiDenny, HemiMark, 62bt409, Mr. & Mrs. Joe Pappas
(Mopar Missile) and other friends we had a group of over 20 people that
spent most of three days together. Best time I've had in years.

I hope somebody posts just some of the literaly 100's of tent pictures
that were taken in the events forum thread. All I got were a couple of
shots from the hotel parking lot when we arrived Thursday.

John,,,Keila says she will get pics downloaded in the next day or two, so I can get some posted ASAP. We have a couple lazy days before getting to Moparfest. Keila says to tell you she had a fabulous time and the trip couldn't be better so far! We ran into Joe & Lynn again today and had another great visit :)

Car looks and sounds amazing

Thank you sir!

John,,,Keila says she will get pics downloaded in the next day or two, so I can get some
posted ASAP. We have a couple lazy days before getting to Moparfest. Keila says to tell
you she had a fabulous time and the trip couldn't be better so far! We ran into Joe & Lynn
again today and had another great visit!
Awesome! Tell her many thanks and you guys made the Nat's equally fun for us as well.
I promise you that you made some friends for life with our entire extended family (don't
forget the PA boys!).

Taken in the motel parking lot at the Nat's Thursday night.

Rod's 416 small block - 605 hp @ 6,800 rpm

Congratulations Rod...Just saw you write up and Pictures in "Mopar Collectors Guide".

can anyone post of photo of the article? id like to read it but the closest mopar mag to me is like 500 kms away :p

Thanks guys! I printed the article off from my digital subscription, in the next day or two Fez I'll scan it and post it up here so you can check it out.
The article was pretty good, the back story is mostly correct but lots of little botched details, nothing major(my first car was a 74 swinger, then the car I first built to be quick was a '73 Dart Sport, 340 car). Randy wrote this article, sent it to me to proof read and fix mistakes. I did that and sent it back, only for them to run the exact error filled story,,,lol.
Cheers

I hope that your article mentions all of my personal contributions (good jokes, spare ribs and plenty of alcohol) LOL.

I downloaded the swell cover pic you sent me but it's in some funky format that won't let me post it here.

Yes......He is on the cover.........

I wish this was bigger/better but it's all I could find right now.

RodCvr_zps4148979d.jpg

Here you go fellas, now hopefully no one from MCG sees this and sues me for Copyright infringement....lol.

That was quick! Mark may have some input as to how long it takes from the time the car is shot to when it makes the magazine LOL.

Congrats Rod!

Thanks! I was shocked and surprised Tod, not only that it was quick but that it happened at all. I have a friend who restores Mopars for a living and has a nice collection as well. He's had at least a dozen cars in mags and he said he has had a bunch more that were shot but never used yet. MCG just called him awhile ago for an interview about a customers car they photographed 3 years ago. So, I was really thinking it wouldn't get in the mag, but I was still stoked Rob Wolf wanted to photograph it :)

You can see that picture of Rod and Robert Wolf playing Rock-Paper-Scissors.

What you don't see is that in his other hand, Rod's about to slip him a Fiver.

I learned from watching Ferris Bueller that a Fiver can change a guy's whole attitude.

Rod, an honor well deserved my friend.

John....that is funny

MCG still hasn't called regarding My Dad's (Dave) Tom Hoover powered 70' Swinger they photographed at the Nats in 2013, But Mopar Action finally called Yesterday so maybe it will see a Magazine in less than 2 years.

-
Back