71 dodge dart swinger

-

63dartman

Reaction score
I am in the process of redoing my instrument cluster to newer non oem gauges and do not know how to keep the turn signals and anything else that runs through these circuits working, does anyone know how to do this? I am removing the panel and starting with a piece of sheet metal like another member on here has posted. I can't find that thread though.

thanks

That would be me! So I need to look through my old photos but I might have one marking out which wire was which on the factory harness. All I did was use a multi meter to trace the circuits on the factory dash. One leg off the turn signal is ground and the other is the positive. The ground is constant and if I call terminated at a screw point (there are multiple grounds going to the same point so thats another hint).

I'm starting to work on a newer version of this dash that is 3d printed but its been a bit of a struggle as I'm not the best with CAD so the complexity of designing a dash that integrates into the car is challenging. Like I have what I want on paper but its telling the computer what I want lol

You can use an aftermarket green led light and wire into the turn signal wire from the factory harness. I did that when I did my custom digital dash on my 71' Dart.
Mine are hidden behind a smoked lexan cover on the left and right side of the digital gauges in the photo and can be seen sticking out from the back side in the second photo.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 6.17.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 6.19.44 PM.png

You can use an aftermarket green led light and wire into the turn signal wire from the factory harness. I did that when I did my custom digital dash on my 71' Dart.
Mine are hidden behind a smoked lexan cover on the left and right side of the digital gauges in the photo and can be seen sticking out from the back side in the second photo.

View attachment 1715975383

View attachment 1715975384
Wow, that is super nice, I never thought about putting a digital display in place of the old stuff. Might have to look in to this. Thanks so much for sharing.

That would be me! So I need to look through my old photos but I might have one marking out which wire was which on the factory harness. All I did was use a multi meter to trace the circuits on the factory dash. One leg off the turn signal is ground and the other is the positive. The ground is constant and if I call terminated at a screw point (there are multiple grounds going to the same point so thats another hint).

I'm starting to work on a newer version of this dash that is 3d printed but its been a bit of a struggle as I'm not the best with CAD so the complexity of designing a dash that integrates into the car is challenging. Like I have what I want on paper but its telling the computer what I want lol

thanks for the info, I guess I need to just look at the wiring diagrams and try to figure it out. Is it just the turn signal lights that go through the cluster or do others also?
Thanks again sir!

Amazon is a good place to find little led lights. I wanted a reverse light for my not factory 4 speed GTX, $100 for the correct setup, or $10 for a 10 pack of small led lights.

7211000D-D180-4F26-9480-85F1232FB47E.jpeg

Glad I could be of some use:lol:

For the future people, if the link doesn’t work, I searched “led indicator light”

thanks for the info, I guess I need to just look at the wiring diagrams and try to figure it out. Is it just the turn signal lights that go through the cluster or do others also?
Thanks again sir!

I looked and I can't fid the picture but once you look at the factory gauges it will be easy to follow for you. its a very simple circuit design thats point to point type stuff. There is one main plug for everything and you'll see the spots for the bulbs on the turn signals. One side will be ground with the other being positive. When I re-did my dash the first time I tapped the factory wires for the fuel gauge (make sure you get the right gauge for your sending unit, the Ohms are different depending on if you're running a factory one or aftermarket), turn signals, and high beam indicator. I ran new lines for the oil pressure, changed to a volt gauge, new line for the coolant temp, and added a trans fluid temp gauge. Use cardboard or craft paper to figure out what you want to do size and shape wise.

I looked and I can't fid the picture but once you look at the factory gauges it will be easy to follow for you. its a very simple circuit design thats point to point type stuff. There is one main plug for everything and you'll see the spots for the bulbs on the turn signals. One side will be ground with the other being positive. When I re-did my dash the first time I tapped the factory wires for the fuel gauge (make sure you get the right gauge for your sending unit, the Ohms are different depending on if you're running a factory one or aftermarket), turn signals, and high beam indicator. I ran new lines for the oil pressure, changed to a volt gauge, new line for the coolant temp, and added a trans fluid temp gauge. Use cardboard or craft paper to figure out what you want to do size and shape wise.

Thank you so much charger426 for taking the time to search and help me out. It will be a while before I attempt to redo my cluster but this definitely helps a bunch.

-
Back