71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
that is my vote also....but she want white 360 stripe...trying to explain...no..white 340 stripe......kids

You're looking at the glass half empty and not half full, she couldn't want a pink stripe!
And don't tell her I said that then give her any ideas and then come up blaming me.

Oh Man.... In that case..... You got some body working to do....lol
Time to refit all the seams and get all them dents out.. Paint all the Jam's
Boy oh Boy.... Hope she knows what shes asking pop's to do !!!
You must really love that kid.... :)

Oh Man.... In that case..... You got some body working to do....lol
Time to refit all the seams and get all them dents out.. Paint all the Jam's
Boy oh Boy.... Hope she knows what shes asking pop's to do !!!
You must really love that kid.... :)

Actually the body is in pretty good shape as it has been painted before...the paint is just not very good ....like it is dead....beside the color sucks...

Been working nights for the past 6 weeks...so during the weekends I am up all night...and sleep during the day....actually do the hot weather it is not that bad...
so at 4 am in the morning I am removing spiral locks from old pistons and rods...Ross double locks suck...

One of the motors the Fuster killed a couple of years ago...saving the Scat rods..6 of them..already emailed scat about getting two replacement rods...they want the weighs off the box...good thing I never throw anything away...plus these wrist pins are tool steel and only weight 80 grams...all look pretty good..

plowing onward.....have fixed a leaky rear main on my 99 dodge ram and put a new oil pump and screen on it ....got `150k and the rear main looked beautiful....
took the pan off the 88 Dodge d250...clean that awful crap out...new pump...oil pump looking great now
this week...removing engine from 73 Duster to put it back on the street...the 4 .30 gears and long stud axles are gone...short stud axles and 3.23 back in...front hubs swapped out...one set has long studs on them....slicks and sknny front rims and tires gone...stock ralley wheels back on.....

engine comes out tomorrow morning...stock engine goes back in...TA 10 inch converter comes out and stock converter goes back in......last thing will be the TA manual valve body...gotta find the kickdown linkage first...got a TA pro street valve body to go back in ...but need that kickdown linkage for the old 727...should work on getting the AC working again...got everything brand new in a box from 10 yrs ago...dam time flies...

Think I have an old kickdown intake bracket at work.... I can post a pict up if you are in need.

Found most of the parts for the kickdown linkage....have not attacked my shed at home yet...probably 3 or 4 sets there...lol

And I like it went i am done swapping out engines I have no left over parts in the box where I put the nuts and bolts...lol

got a few minor things left to getting the 73 Duster back on the road....all is going well...big decision is to use stock blue valve covers or fancy chrome...

Gearing up for some racing finally.....Just finished up working on the old tow vehicle...dam thing has 321,000 miles...

changed the trans fluid and filter...

drop the oil pan replaced oil pump as electric gauge is all over the place...and still is after pulling new pump in...had a brand new LA pan in the box..installed it with the LA gasket....LOL..

fixed sticking rear brakes...dam wheel cylinders...recharged A/C....ready to roll now...

71 Dart is heading for Bakersfield the weekend of Sept 16-18.....going to hit TnT on Friday and run Mopar Madness race also...don't see the car running a new best...warmer weather plus I think the 12 yr old motor is starting to show its age....never know...

71 Duster is racing at LVMS, daughter has school and can not get out early on Friday, so she is going to race the points races at Vegas Saturday and Sunday plus tnt on Friday night...

71 Demon is staying home....up on 4 post lift....lol

Different day...different plans...Class has been cancelled for youngest daughter...Looks like both Dart and Duster is heading to Bakersfield friday morning....

Duster ran a PB by a .01 ...10.64 at 124.17....outside of that the air in Bakersfield sucks...

With all that Nitro in the air.... No way can that air suck... Best smell ever....
Oh... How the hell can you run your best if the air is bad? Ohhhhhh I now, the add nitro in the the air helps !!!!! :) :)
Bring home that wally !!!!

94 dodge 2500 acted up on the way there..distributor cap and rotor was all fucked up...new cap..and rotor plus plug wires fixed...Tonya car blew a head gasket Friday...we ran it on Saturday anyway ran a best of 10.62 at 124 on 7 cylinders.......as there was no water in the oil...but sunday there was water in oil...parked it....the fuster started off great....10.64...124+ and a bunch of 10.66s.....60 ft on Friday 1.418- 1.425...Sunday it launched like a turd..Sunday 1.50s...and 10.90s at 122+

It was hotter their then Vegas...LOL

Pulled cylinder head off Dart....yes...blown head gasket...
going to pull engine and go thru it as it has been running since 2006.....hone..new rings and bearing...and have the heads done...might change from 2.02 to 2.05 intake valve..

cylinder walls have not ridge on them...see what the rest of it looks like in a couple of day...

Christin is going run the points final here in Vegas...so need to take a look at it...something is wacking in the 2 step on that msd 7al3...might go back to 6al for points race..

20160920_160611_resized.jpg

20160920_160615_resized.jpg

20160920_160625_resized.jpg

-
Back