71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
two piece trans tunnel for the win!

Dont know if that is legal with only a roll bar in the car.....

In full-bodied cars, with unaltered
firewall, floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheel tubs
permitted), running between 10.00 (*6.40) and 10.99 (*6.99), roll
bar permitted in place of roll cage......

carpet takes care of the "gray area".... :) any sanding dust coming off the "re-color" project?

No sanding has occurred lately but should be going after turkey day...

got that new transbrake in...full of fluid...went to start car ..both batteries were dead...So no later then Monday it will be fired up and check the trans...

UPS did not show up on friday with heads for other car...

Just got done with a 904 with a low gear set up for the Fuster...going to give it a shot......

Now that the Dart is up and running...moving back to my favorite car...LOL

pulled motor and trans...unbolted trans...bolted new trans back on...LOL...was going to put the motor/trans right back in...but I wanted to take a look at a couple of welds on the frame I did ....can see alot better with no motor or trans..
would have done it today..but it was raining...

So with the holidays...the contractor's under ground crew is taking the rest of the year off and is not coming back until the evening of Jan 3....so I got 11 days off...that only cost me 3 days of vacation time....alright...

the 71 fuster has its engine and new low gear 904 installed....got a few more thing to hook up before it will be started....

Fired it up Tuesday afternoon.....Transmission works like it suppose to....

First Race is 3 weeks away...

71 Fuster is loaded on the trailer...TnT all day tomorrow with bracket race on sunday

Awh...my favorite car....

We had a leaking line lock solenoid ....replaced it couple days ago with same one from Summit ..Summit brand,,,,never tested it at home..but could hear the click..click went we hit the button....would not hold pressure at the track...also...That lousey crew chief forgot to plug in 2 step back into msd 6al since we were screwing with that at the last race in November...no line lock for burnout...no two step for staging...wasted run..

ok..two hooked up with correct chips in it....told daughter how to do burn out without line lock..lol....

Duster run 10.83 at 122 with cheeze burn out..
Duster runs 10.79 at 122 with better burn out...
Duster runs 10.82 at 122...with good burn out with head wind...

I think this car likes the low gear set....time will tell

have line lock solenoid on 73 duster...might try to swap them out.

Send this one back to summit...

ole green is a scootin! you all had a pretty decent outing.

This car.........working on my 3rd line lock summit brand...does not work...thinking ...yes..thinking that maybe it is the master cylinder cause the brakes feel spongy, and I had a spare in the garage...went home and fetch it...swapped it out..and line lock still did not work...my 73 duster still had a line lock on it...Jegs brand...pulled it off last night on the way home....between time runs I switched them out and we now have a working line lock on the Duster...and Summit line locks SUCK...

Had a nice conversation with Doc Diff.. he did not think the master cylinder would cause the line lock not to work...but 3 bad solenoids in a row...what are the odds.

Lousey air and head winds seems to slow cars down.....

DAMN IT! me to. Summit line lock worked first couple/few times then not. No hassle swap and same thing - worked a few times then not. 100% convinced to try another brand now. Just learned to live without it.

Painter called earlier this week..said he would be ready to Change the Fuster into a Duster....gotta get the grille out..rear tail lights...and weld up antenna hole on fender..and exterior door mirror..and maybe door handles..

408 is almost together...was missing two head studs...got those in..heads on block need to be torque down...wont get new motor until come back from paint shop....Fuster probably done for the year....

Looks like the weather is going to cool off this coming week down to a high of 104.....need to get back to work on this....

After a weeks vacation to get out of the heat...back in the heat again....

Torqued the heads down this morning..i dont think I have any pushrods ....going to get the adjustable ones out so i can measure for a set...

Well..the Fuster will head for the paint shop tomorrow morning.....I removed the grille...tail light assembles...door handles and mirror...and door sills. ....

Changed the rpm chips in the msd ....3000 rpm....

Well..the Fuster will head for the paint shop tomorrow morning.....I removed the grille...tail light assembles...door handles and mirror...and door sills. ....

Changed the rpm chips in the msd ....3000 rpm....

Good move! Maybe some 3.55's too.

Well..Fuster made it to the paint shop....but the trailer blew a tire...I forgot to put the floor jack in the back of the truck...so I was near Tonya house...limped over there...changed out ....I go that spare has been sitting there for 5 yrs....well it last about 5 miles and bang it went...according to google maps I was 5 miles from the paint shop...so I limped it there....unloaded car....shot the BS for a few....drove the trailer home on 3 tires....

Working on the 408 for the Duster...need to assemble the rocker arms...have several different hold down set to choose from...plus I remembered I have a set of Hughes rockers sitting in a box....the engine wont get installed until this winter.

-
Back