71 duster at mecum

-
I can't wait to see the "NEVER RACED" :poke: Hemi Dart cross the block!

$275k

it’s been raced. That was just a bad article that made it sound like it was never raced.

08D10000-4E16-425C-8ACC-D00FDBDD5DF2.jpeg

I was at a car show last summer and happened to run in to a gentleman that used to drive cars for Mecum on to the block at the Glendale AZ auction. He said you'd never believe the junk people bid on. Cars that wouldn't start, some that wouldn't run well at all, cars that had bad brakes, some were leaking fluids, some had parts falling off. He said the young Mecum kid would verbally abuse some sellers who wouldn't drop their reserve. He said he was a total ***. And yeah, he said there was a lot of unethical stuff going on for sure.

Was at Mecum, Wednesday to Saturday. Not to buy anything, just for the car show aspect. Lots of cars from all makes that I have never seen up close...just pictures. Best part is they are all for sale, so you can open doors and hood, sit in them if you want. Not many owners with the cars.

Here is the window sticker he had on the Duster, and another picture of the fender tag.
20220114_145718.jpg
20220114_145243.jpg
20220114_145918.jpg

Was at Mecum, Wednesday to Saturday. Not to buy anything, just for the car show aspect. Lots of cars from all makes that I have never seen up close...just pictures. Best part is they are all for sale, so you can open doors and hood, sit in them if you want. Not many owners with the cars.

Here is the window sticker he had on the Duster, and another picture of the fender tag.View attachment 1715853895 View attachment 1715853896 View attachment 1715853897

fake window sticker.

doesnt match options in tag.

^^^And do people understand just how many fender tags have been repoped without any build sheet over the decades!!??? Not to mention vin tags? Asking for my friend.
These auction are good entertainment for us average to below average car guys.
As I watched other night I was wondering how many buyers are there from the frigid "North"??

Here is the window sticker he had on the Duster, and another picture of the fender tag.View attachment 1715853895 View attachment 1715853896 View attachment 1715853897
It's an awesome car but I really can't believe people buy into that crap.

-
Back