71 scamp rear bumper is the same as a 70 dart?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i have that 340 dart, that i was thinking of picking up anopther car,, and using the floor[pans, trunkpan, and front clip off of a 71 scamp. will all this fit the dart?

can i just gut the dart, and the scamp, and use EVERYTHING off odf the scamp, onto the dart?

the scamp is rot free, and i like the front end better, and i have to not be able to do anything with the real 340 dart.
any help and opinions will be greatly appreciated

340plot. I think you could use the floor pans,trunk pan.But the front clip will be different,fenders etc. Also the rear Bumper is different,I think 71-72 they went to double tailights,and 70 is single. just my 2 cents. Craig.

the scamps I have seem have the prior year dart rear bumper on them so a 71 Scamp would have a 70 dart rear bumper and so on.

yea, cause this scamp has the single taillights. cool, thanks for the info

btw, i like the duster frontend more that the dart, so i am going to use the perfect clips off of the scamp, and land me another one of those sharktooth grille.lol

Everything will change over. A Scamp is just a Dart with a Duster front end. All the parts will interchange.

Everything will change over. A Scamp is just a Dart with a Duster front end. All the parts will interchange.

He's right, and the rear bumper is the same.
They are the same bodies except for the front clip.
If it's a real 340 car, why make it look like a scamp?
Why not build the scamp if that's the look you want and pass the dart to someone that wants to fix it up as a dart?
You'll save a lot of work for yourself.
JMHO
Tom.

-
Back