'72 Dart Demon production numbers for Devil kit

-

TxRaceGirl

Reaction score
I have a '72 Dart Demon with the dealer added Devil kit. It has the dual hood scoops but also a tachometer (in small scoop) on the hood and a go wing on the trunk. I am having trouble finding production numbers on this car. I can find the production numbers for the "Demon" but not the dealer add ons. I can't even find ANYTHING on the devil kit at ALL!!! Maybe it was called something else? I know it is a LM29 but that doesn't get me anywhere either.
We actually have two '72 Demon's...one the hubby and I drove on our honeymoon and the other one is a straight 6 "donor car".. We bought it since the 340 car got hit in the rear and damaged the tail lights.. need I say more about that? Ehhh!!! So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

In 71 it was called the Sizzler package I believe. Not sure what they called it in 72. The tach and the Go-wing were not part of the package, they were other options. As far as the production numbers for particular options, I don't know where you would find that.
I know, not much help.
Jack

PM me ever DemonSizzler, he may know. He has a couple of them as well.

In 71 it was called the Sizzler package I believe. Not sure what they called it in 72. The tach and the Go-wing were not part of the package, they were other options. As far as the production numbers for particular options, I don't know where you would find that.
I know, not much help.
Jack
Thanks Coyote Jack! This may be a long process! I appreciate ANY and all help!!

Dealer installed means who really knows.

It's not a factory available mopar deal, numbers probably don't exist.

If it was a dealer installed item, only the dealer would have the information...

If it hasn't been thrown away over the years.... Or they went out of business....

Mr. Norm's Dodge dealership at the corner of Grand and Spaulding in Chicago produced some after market add ons for the 1972 Demon. The hood mounted tach was one of them. If another dealer added that to your Demon, it was ordered from Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge. I think the Go Wing was a dealer installed option, and not part of the Sizzler package.
It will be tough to find any production numbers for dealer installed add ons. Do a search for the 1971 Dodge Demon Sizzler Package. It was offered in both years. In '72 it was an a59 code option. Hope this helps.

I don't think you could get a sizzler package on a 340 car. Kinda like the twister for duster. I ve never seen one. In 71 the hood stripes were the same as the 72 hood stripe package except they had the sizzler logo in the center front of the hood. For the sizzler package.
Do you have any pics of your car?
You could get the hood tach from the dealerships

I think they made about 8,900 or so 72 demon 340's. I don't think you will find exact numbers on the j54 scooped hood or the wing. The tach may have been dealer added or sometime later. The sizzler package I thought was just 318 and maybe /6 cars never 340 also the sizzler package did have rally rims but without the trim ring it was basicly a muscle car look without the muscle.

I don't think you could get a sizzler package on a 340 car. Kinda like the twister for duster. I ve never seen one. In 71 the hood stripes were the same as the 72 hood stripe package except they had the sizzler logo in the center front of the hood. For the sizzler package.
Do you have any pics of your car?
You could get the hood tach from the dealerships[/Q

You're right. What the original poster has for add ons was probably all installed by the dealer.

This was taken from a 1971 Dodge Demon Sizzler Information page:

The Sizzler Package was a mid-year offering "Available March 1, 1971". A dress-up option on the base Demon, the Sizzler package added some of the Demon 340's appearance and trim pieces. Built for sporty car enthusiasts more interested in more "show" than "go." The "Sizzler option package offered 13 items, five of which are offered at "no charge" including rallye wheels, color-keyed grille collar, body side tape stripes and stylish, black hood treatment.

Grille collars to match body colors are available in special sporty colors - Citron Yella, Plum Crazy, and Hemi Orange. The standard collar is silver. Other bright body colors are Green Go, Butterscotch, and Top Banana. There are 12 standard body colors from which to choose.

Package items include dual, color-keyed outside racing mirrors (left remote); "Tuff", racing-type steering wheel; carpeting; combination plaid cloth and vinyl bench seats; rear deck panel stripe; bright drip rail and wheel lip mouldings; and 6.95 x 14 white side-wall tires. Bucket seats and D78 x 14 or E70 x 14 tires with raised white lettering are optional. The standard Slant Six engine was 198 cubic inches. A 225-cubic-inch Six was optional. Standard V-8 was a 318 cubic inches.

-
Back