-
Status
Not open for further replies.

lildemonkid

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
need to sell. can't afford to keep on the road. light body rust. came from NY. solid frame and floors. will need front suspension rebuilt soon. i have daily driven this car for the past year. no problems. reliable car. i will post more pictures as i can. but for now this will have to do.

030.jpg

need to sell. can't afford to keep on the road. light body rust. came from NY. solid frame and floors. will need front suspension rebuilt soon. i have daily driven this car for the past year. no problems. reliable car. i will post more pictures as i can. but for now this will have to do.​

any price in mind?​

well i have a vehicle i found that will be a little more reliable. but i was hoping like 15,000. it's a rare car and i paid almost that for it.

any thoughts on it?
If you want an honest answer, just looking at the rust in the first pic, I would say more like $5 or $6k. Although the car looks nice, it looks like it would need a full resto. I don;t think you have a prayer getting even close to $10k in that condition - even w/ a #'s matching drivetrain. I'm not trying to be negative or insulting, but you asked for thoughts, and that's what I think.

For comparison's sake, here's an Ebay car:

This one doesn't look as pretty as yours, without seeing more pics - but probably needs the same amount of work when all is said and done. Nom engine, but replacement tranny. Now yours is running, and I'll assume complete, so maybe worth a little more than this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318

IMO, that puts it in the $5-$6k range like I said before.

semi restored ( body work / paint / rallyes / etc... ) it could bring 10 to 10.5 K on ebay even in todays market. Being pre 73 model makes it worth the expense to do that, if its purchased for 6K as shown. The only ones who would show a profit in the end would be a restorer do-it-yourselfer.
If I bought it for 6K I'd have to spend the 4K to hire that work done.
Good luck

In the condition the body is in, you'll probably be taking a loss when you sell it. Also you might want to put the '72 hood back on it. Just my opinion.

hey thanks guy's every opinion helps but from the research i've done this is a petty blue stripe car it's an automatic. but it has been modified. reverse manual valvebody. big cam. roller rockers. drive shaft loop. sub frame connectors. as much as i would love to restore the car i am only 18 still in highschool and on top of that barely making enough to keep gas in it and do minor things to make it more of a daily driver. oh and the reason it has the 71 hood is from what i've learned is because it is a very early 72 and for some reason it just came off the line with that hood. i've been asking alot of people i know that are really big in restoration work is about how it came originally and by asking the previous owner. it was a console car and was a rare color combo? i'm not sure but it does show some of the original color in some places. it def looks petty. and it's def an original 340 car. i checked the vin.

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

You paid almost 15k for that??? They saw you coming a mile away!

listen all i'm asking is what does everyone agree is a fair price? as i said i'm a highschool student. i've also grown up with these cars. it was a fair price at the time. everything in the drive train is brand new. less than 5000 miles.

First, it IS a nice car - I would love to have it. But I'd still peg it in the $6k range. good luck, and I hope you get what you want for it.

crap. it's too small. lol that's what she said. ok but anyways. it says low retail is almost 9k and average is 14.5k

Man, I wish you luck! That could be a nice car with work. The trouble is that with this economy the way it is, plus the consideration that the car will need extensive sheet metal work and paint, suspension work and probably all new window and door rubber, etc. I would consider it a driving project. Being an A body it just won't command the kind of money you are looking for. Maybe it's because I'm on the west coast but I would have a tough time paying 5000 even for a car with that much rust. It may be different over on that coast.

no nada goes off different variables. mine would fall between the low and average so like 12.5k. it's a DAILY driven BUILT small block. it only needs some EXTERIOR body work. and the front suspension freshened up. i did the brakes over the holidays.

if any one is looking for a nice drag car though this def will do it. it was raced 13 years. which is why it's so rough. sadly the 1/4 track by me is too expensive. i'd get a slip for it. on the 1/8 it did 8.9 at 90 mph on economy street tires. haha

Well I am going to try and give you some advice. Your car needs a total resto to make it right and worth true 340 Demon money. It is modified and is missing some hard to find and expensive parts especially in the engine bay.

To do this car correctly you would have to strip the body down to bare metal, evaluate the rust damage and then replace all of the bad areas. When you get a free moment take it to a reputable body shop in your area and have them give you an estimate on what it would cost to restore the body on your car and paint it the original color with the original striping. I think you will be surprised at how expensive it will be to just get the body in presentable condition and then you have to tackle the suspension, interior and engine bay along with all of the other little details that will make that car worth what it could be worth.

I am telling you this so you can try to see things from the buyers perspective.It is hard for a buyer to justify $15K for a car that they are most likely going to have to drop at least that much into to restore it.

Joe

Welcome to FABO! Good to have you here. That is a nice car you have.

I would say that is a 5-6K car. Mabby 6-8K if you find the right buyer. Good luck with the sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back