72 demon 340 resto

-
you bet. i want to see more of that 72 in your avatar sheba. looks like a sweet combo of blue and white.

here are some quick pictures (just figured out how to resize and upload) the color is a blue with the largest metal flake they could put in about 20 years ago i am in process of getting the color codes from my friends that painted car motor is out and being rebuilt (wating for money) figured would detail engine compartment while saving, the top is original, needs interior gon thru yet (more money LOL)

Attachments

• 2 (Small).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 100_2449 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 966
  • 100_2424 (Small).jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 992
  • 100_2423 (Small).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 987
  • 100_2401 (Small).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 989
  • 100_2387 (Small).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 15 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 985
  • 3 (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 976
I've got to say that is some fine work. Looks good. I'll have to send mine to ya.:coffee2:

thanks thunder.
that looks like a nice little project you ve got on your hands sheba. i d have to say that is probably one of my favorite color combos on a 72. reminds me of this one.

Attachments

• 4971535-72Demon340originalinshop.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 963
i just got back from Indy and the mopar swap. was pretty nice. i picked up a few things. sill plates, brake and fuel lines, the last two pieces of rear window trim i needed, hood pin cables, under dash column cover, and i got to meet fellow member Rhinodart. nice guy with a good sense of humor and with good parts and better prices.

thanks thunder.
that looks like a nice little project you ve got on your hands sheba. i d have to say that is probably one of my favorite color combos on a 72. reminds me of this one.

yup the same it seems except for hood i ll get better body pictures they were off my phone have fenders off and detailing the engine comp while waiting for money to re do engine

Attachments

• 100_2382 (Small).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 939
  • 100_2379 (Small).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 967
Nice ride Sheba. Love the metal flake. Any progress Evil. Always good to meet good people. They are rare these days.:coffee2:

Got a couple more seat belts done today and some trim clips painted. Ordered a new e brake cable.

Who did you order the cable from? Is it good quality? Be careful of those seat belts, you know what soap and water can do to them. That still cracks me up.:coffee2:

Napa. I pick it up today. Along with my heater core.it better be nice or I ll smack my buddy with it. He works there. Lol.

I know a couple of those napa guys. They all deserve a good smack. keeps them on their toes.:coffee2:

I am going to be watching this thread. No matter what you think you know there is always more to learn. Great job on everything. How are the AMD quarters? If you had a choice of An AMD or a really nice used one what would you prefer? You are like myself and have the knowledge and tools to do either. I am just wondering what you would find better fitting and what you saw that they could improve on there product. Thanks Steve.

I had to murder the Amd quarter in order to make it fit right.a lot of cutting and piecing up by the door. I enjoy that kinda challenge tho. I think a really nice original would be cake.

got some more parts done today. will post pics later. pulled the shifter mechanism apart and painted it. got the parking brake cleaned up, and tonight i m putting my new heater core in and polishing the last of my window trim. maybe next week some time i can finish some more parts inside the car.

i forgot to take pics of the shifter and parking brake, but i got some pics of some trim i finished up and a couple pics of my macho and 71

trim, macho power wagon(needs a bath) and my 71 demon(also needs a bath). lol

Attachments

• 102_2444.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 878
  • 102_2397.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 860
  • 102_2439.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 912
  • 102_2440.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 845
Superstock. They were new on it when I bought it..so I just left em after I restored it.

forgot to mention that i picked up a 72 340 short block up for 300 bucks. i want to leave the original block alone and beef this one up and not have to worry about pounding on it with that paxton. this block is a month newer than the car also. i know...it s orange. there s blue under that orange

Attachments

• 102_2445.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 788
resto d the steering column this weekend, got to work on routing my fuel lines. figured it d be easier to get them bent while i can flip it sideways. i ll post some pics once i get the lines done.

found a couple hood tachs a couple weeks ago. i tore the second one apart to get the face reprinted. i cleaned up the column and replaced the ignition, rebuilt the steering coupler, and painted everything.

Attachments

• 102_2449.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 755
  • 102_2460.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 731
  • 102_2469.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 733
  • 102_2470.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 748
Excellent work on the column. Good to see progress. The only problem I see is the key goes on the right side of the column. HaHa! :coffee2:

-
Back