72 Demon Restoration

-
This is what it looks like now. It is getting close to paint and should be painted by the end of July. The motor and transmission would be together but I had the wrong fly wheel so have to go score one. The quiz is what is really in the box?? If you guessed an N.O.S. grille you got it right. My brother was talking to a dodge guy who said he had only one part for a 72 demon and that was it. I paid dearly for it but you don't find them every day. Darryl

P6180118.jpg

P6180119.jpg

P6180120.jpg

P6300147.jpg

P6300149.jpg

P6250129.jpg

P6250130.jpg

P6250131.jpg

You took a pic of the box the grill came in? LOL thats to funny. Car is looking good. Some nice work being done on her.

here is the latest on my demon,as you can see we have some b3 blue happening.the motor and 4spd are in and all the lines are run,gas tank in,heater box as well as clutch and brake pedals. the body guy wants a lot of this small stuff done before paint,he is telling me I will do one rip before the snow flys, heres hoping. the air cleaner is wrong, I have the correct one!

P7220186.jpg

P8060187.jpg

P8060189.jpg

P8060190.jpg

Great build!
I can't wait to see it painted and assembled, Super Blue is one of my favorite colors let alone a '72 Demon 340 4 speed wrapped in it!

Oh I love that blue.. it looks so bright when it's fresh. She's gonna be a beauty that is for sure.

Grant

any more pictures of the parts car? that looks like it could be a great next project after your done with the demon

Wow, that car is looking good. I too have a 72 B3 Demon 340 that will getting restored soon. Its great to see your progress, keep up the good work. More pics!

Here are a couple more pic's of my car. The steering column is all in as well as alot of the dash pieces. The doors are hung for the last time and the hood and trunk are both painted on the bottom side.He hopes to paint every thing on the outside this long weekend. I have almost all the interior ready to install so should not take long to finish assembling. If anyone has any good tips on final assembly let me know. Darryl

I love this build, I just got a 72 Demon a few weeks ago. It has a /6 but it is a B3 color like yours. Man it is looking sweeeet, I cannot wait to start on mine. Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming..

here are a few pic's of my 72 now that it is all painted, 2-3 weeks to assemble and I should be able to bring it home to fire that baby up!!!!

Looks great. Nice work.

I was looking for a TB3 340 4 gear Demon for a while and gave up.

Lots of masking tape/blankets to cover adjoining painted areas when installing things like, bumpers, fenders, trunk lid, etc. Nothing worse than accidentally dinging up the fresh paint.

Beautiful build going on here. TB3 w/ black looks awesome :cheers:

Your car is coming along nicely! I have one too, but mine started life with a leaning tower of power. It is b3 originally, and I bought it from the original owner. Here's a before and after picture.

:toothy10:

Looks good,only thing that bugs me is inside of your fender wells I would of had them body colour.

That is a good point, the car did come with undercoat so I put it back like that and I do plan on driving it.I am not a big fan of the black wheel wells either. Thanks Darryl

-
Back