72 Demon Restoration

-
Looks beautiful so far! Keep up the progress pics!! Thanks for the needed motivation to get mine going too. :cheers:

Went to Saskatoon to visit my baby, progressing favorably, everything looks really good except the seatbelts in the rear are the wrong ones, so will be changing them. All small stuff left to finish and the big thing is paint the hood. It has the complete exhaust system on now, and will try and get the brake booster and master cylinder on this week. Interior is looking mighty fine. Just installed the rubber on the steel wheels and have n.o.s. hub caps to go on. I am suppose to bring it home in two weeks. Darryl

Attachments

• P9230250.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 671
  • P9230251.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 660
  • P9230252.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 658
  • P9230253.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 657
  • P9230254.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 644
  • P9230255.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 650
WOW Your car is looking sweeeet. I know you can not hardly wait to complete and drive the baby. Keep the pictures coming.

Here are some of the last pic's I took about a week ago. I am hoping to go pick it up next Friday. There is very little left to finish now.

Attachments

• P9300257.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC01303.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 608
  • DSC01302.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC01301.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 600
I found through a couple of local people, who the original owner of my car was. So I decided to track him down and found he lived in a small town about 100 miles from here. When I gave him a phone call the other night he was very surprized to find out his car was about to be put back on the road. He was sure it was long gone. But the second question from him was "are you going to sell it to me"? NOT Turns out he bought this 340 car one month before I bought my original 340 car, from the same dealership, they are almost identical cars. He had a couple of very interesting stories, one how his brother with a broken right leg soon learned how to "shiftin without liften" while he was hard at work. He says he has 3-4 pictures for me and told me he raced it the summer of 73, at a local dragstrip. So I am sure hoping to get some pictures of it at the strip. They had lived on a ranch with probably 20 miles of gravel, so it was definately not a trailer queen. He said he had been looking for the car for the last 15 years and he thought it was long gone to Alberta. We ended our conversation with him saying "if you ever sell it, I want first chance". A very nice fella who now owns a 70 440 six pack challenger. It was a very good phone call. Darryl

hahahahah wow shes pretty looks like a brand new car out of the showroom wish mine looked like that

Looks great Darryl, how does she run? Its nice knowing the parts i had are on that car now and not sitting on the shelf any longer LOL

Should have it fired up within the next two weeks, as I am going to the body shop to pick it up next Friday hopefully, then I will bring it home and fire it up. It should be a case of putting oil, antifreeze etc, and hit the key. But I am sure it won't be that easy. Thanks alot for the parts. I will be thanking everyone on this forum, for helping me with this project, once it is idling. Darryl

What a great looking car! You must be itching to get behind the wheel I'm sure! Don't forget to post more of the finished product!

Went to the body shop to check on my Demon and this is what I found sitting in the middle of the shop. A 70 Hemi Cuda, that is totally unbelievable, the workmanship is meticulous and the paint job is beautiful. Quite easy to see why it's off to Sema in Vegas this Friday. Darryl

Attachments

• PA190310.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 488
  • PA190311.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 743
  • PA190314.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 498
  • PA190316.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 475
  • PA190317.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 497
-