72 Demon Restoration

-
That is some strange exhaust. Where does it exit?
attachment.php

It exits in front of the tire on each side ,the same as an AAR Cuda. I like my demon better also,but it shows you what kind of work this young guy does. This guy started pushing broom in the body shop at age 13 and is now building a car for a doctor in ontario that will be 4-5 hundred thousand when done. He is about 34 now.

Attachments

• P5050064.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 607
Yes, the only pieces that are store bought, right now, are two 32 Ford frame rails, and some Heidts front suspension parts. The hood and all body panels are hand shaped, as well as, the windshield posts and all the exhaust system. He is building this off computer drawings supplied to him by the Dr. and the computer artist. It will have the 2006 GTO engine, about 500 hp. One sweet ride. Darryl

Your using a '70-'71 duster as a parts car for a '72 demon..thats just wrong..but good luck with the project..

Nice rebuild looks great.
Are you going to see how well this handles on a gravel road. (lol).

Here is the final product I am very very happy with. It was just to late to fire it up so i am leaving that till spring, I have oil in the crank case but no gas or antifreeze in it. This car is build sheet correct except for two things,the steel wheels should be rallye which I have and will put on to show it,with E70&14 Goodyears and I put in 3.55 SG and it should be 3.23 SG. Now for two questions.... on my pic of engine what are the two holes for just to the right of the electronic control module?? Second question...I just got my appraisal back for insurance,guess what it came back at???There are alot of n.o.s. parts on this car,the interior and quarter panels are about all that are not original dodge parts. Also please feel free to pick this car apart because I am no expert and would like to know what all is not correct. Also a big THANK YOU to everyone on this site who helped me so much with parts and advise... there are to many to mention them all. THANK YOU AGAIN DARRYL!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC_0053.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC_0061.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC_0088.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 449
DB, Let me be the first to say big congrats on a very B E A U T I F U L resto. It is truly stunning and I understand some of the parts you may have purchased were originally from our 71 Demon. How cool is that 8)

Awsome Job db! That is a beautiful looking car and that blue just pops out at you=P~.
Oh the 2 holes you asked about are probably for the fender tag.

John

Here is the final product I am very very happy with. It was just to late to fire it up so i am leaving that till spring, I have oil in the crank case but no gas or antifreeze in it. This car is build sheet correct except for two things,the steel wheels should be rallye which I have and will put on to show it,with E70&14 Goodyears and I put in 3.55 SG and it should be 3.23 SG. Now for two questions.... on my pic of engine what are the two holes for just to the right of the electronic control module?? Second question...I just got my appraisal back for insurance,guess what it came back at???There are alot of n.o.s. parts on this car,the interior and quarter panels are about all that are not original dodge parts. Also please feel free to pick this car apart because I am no expert and would like to know what all is not correct. Also a big THANK YOU to everyone on this site who helped me so much with parts and advise... there are to many to mention them all. THANK YOU AGAIN DARRYL!!!
Okay Daryl ,
Ill be the first to post my guess' to your questions.
1st the 2 small holes -fender tag ?
2nd the appraisal- 35K-38k
ditto on the battery but I figure you'll swap that out before shows like the wheels. I was debating changing colors on my B3 Duster but after seeing the way yours turned out, I'm sold on keeping it B3. Great job, now you can give yourself and your wallet a rest.

Sweet Demon !

Although I see a couple of minor items that are "incorrect" , I'm not going to mention them ; I'm just pleased in seeing a blue motor with an orange air cleaner !!

Great job. That is probably my favorite color combination on a 72 Demon. You are a lucky man.

-
Back