72 demon what's it worth?

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
1972 Dodge Dart Demon 340. Numbers matching 340 with a 6 pack setup and a 4 speed. 8.75 posi rearend with 3.91 gears. Black bucket seat interior. $ 10,000/B.O.

CL add- 1972 Dodge Dart Demon 340. Numbers matching engine with a 6 pack setup and 4 speed. 8.75 posi rearend with 3.91 gears. Originally EV2 hemi orange but yellow now, black bucket seat interior. Has the large center hood scoop and go wing on the trunk. Rare car only made 2 years before religious groups complained about the name demon. 72 was the last year. Asking $10,000 cash or best offer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

like title says what is it worth? certainly not $10k like he is asking

yea, i would say every penny of 8k thouh. being numbers correct. id put 2k into it and flip it for 12-13k

yea, i would say every penny of 8k thouh. being numbers correct. id put 2k into it and flip it for 12-13k
Hmm ok I'm waiting to see if he'd trade it for my 83 350hp Mustang GT so- (I know long shot but hey it's worth a shot - could be sick of the car like I am with my Mustang)

pending the car isn't full of filler anyway.. who knows how good the repaint job was

I don't know. I mean, the #'s match is good, if it's true, but that looks like it needs a full resto, and I have to safely assume it needs even more work than it looks like in the pictures. Looks like needs some bodywork and new paint. I wouldn't pay $8k for it. Maybe $6,500 tops. I am considering that it has a Six-Pack stuck on there, too. If it needs major bodywork that isn't obvious there, that would drop.

I like plot's idea. Decent floors, trunk and rails and there would definetely be some money in that car.

3 kits and a glass bead and that 6 pack setup would make for some good parts trading bait?

^^^^^^^^^ thats my line of thinking. do not have to become rich off it, just make a few bucks to continue.lol

See I was thinking $5,500 to $6,500 also (about what my Stang is worth)

It looks like a cheap MAACO paint job I haven't gone to look at the car as I'm 3 hours from it... but it's not out of the question

I don't really care about the body to much I guess if it runs and drives safely I'd trade my car for it in a heart beat

see, as i have learned oer the last 10 years buying them, fixing them and then ultimately selling them, is that whaen you start with a car that has all its main component, correct engine/trans, and other high dollar pieses, it may pay to spend a little more for it.

alot of guys frown on doing any body work or paint. shoot, ill take a rusted out car, put twpo sheets of 4x8 ft. metal into it correctly, and and finish with a base-clear, and have under 700.00 into material. yea, it took 100 hours to do, but when it sells, that is where i can get paid for my time.

that car right there, i would put new seat covers, fix all the body work, paint, and have 9k into it if i got it for 8k. put it on bag, and i would collect 10k for it. yea, alot of work for 1k, but i get to do what i love to do, and pass the car onto someone who will treaure it and drive it, i am a middle man for the working class that has no clue how to do the work, but so bad want to own one, witout giving up their first born!

I see what you're saying but I plan to drive it (clean it up and drive it) not really do much else with it

If I happen to get a offer on the car I'd consider it but just drive and enjoy the car mainly

It's not a bad car but I doubt it's # matching alot of small things missing. But it's hard to tell from pics.

the six pak setup is 2 grand.....if the frame /floors/trunk are solid...I'd investigate the owner's bottom line....10k is not out of the ballpark

i cant get $750.00 for this 6 pack

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 410
That's a really fair price limelite, i guess most just don't have the cash right now. That's why i suggested in a earlier post that the buyer could use it to trade if they chose to.

It's not a bad car but I doubt it's # matching alot of small things missing. But it's hard to tell from pics.
this is also what I think- it may be a original 340 car (the VIN is LM29H2) but it's not documented at all

I also found it weird that it has the base instrument cluster instead of the Rallye dash..

That's a really fair price limelite, i guess most just don't have the cash right now. That's why i suggested in a earlier post that the buyer could use it to trade if they chose to.
I asked if the guy still had the 4bbl setup - cause I would probably swap it out and sell the 6pak setup

the guys says it was originally EV2 Orange and you can see hints of it in the engine bay pic

well i know 72 duster came with stock type dash. do not know about the demon's

No rally dashes available for the Demon in 72.

Go look at it and let us know..........

I saw on another website where a Mustang was trying to be traded, is that your Mustang Zac?

The front bumper doesn't look right. There looks like a large gap on the right fender shot and look at the bumper bolts compared to the turn signals. Bumper also looks like it is hanging out on the drivers side. Bumper not centered on the tag. Maybe been wrecked.

-
Back