72 Dodge Dart

-
Nice. I dig the 72s. I put a nasty 350 with TPI in my wife's 91 Camaro RS and it is beyond quick in that light car. You best get you some seats to hold your butt in place with the LS!

I hope it turns out as good as I imagine.

Why wouldn't it? I changed directions 50 times on my cars until I liked it. Nothing traditional about any of my builds. Hell I have a 72 Dart Swinger R/T...lol. Love that red btw

Found out that I need to make a custom plate to go between the new seats and the floor. This should be interesting....

LOL

So I have disc brakes in the front already, now I want disk in the rear. I want to move the battery box to the trunk. I'm currently looking into materials for the interior. I am custom making the center console because my car has the A/C vents under dash and I want to change the look of it. We are going to add a console to connect to the under dash, put flex duct to run under the console to add 2 vents for the rear, as well as adding the vents to the console for the front. (hope that makes sense) I have already purchased a 4L60 E tranny, but want to put a shift kit in it. I have an 8 3/4 rear end, that I want posie (spelling) I am changing the cam to a HP one with a little more lope to it. I have already ordered the flow masters for the true dual exhaust with the rectangle tips for the rear.

One major decision: Should I paint the top, or put the vinyl back on? I have the chrome pieces and the nipples for the chrome on the car still, and when I got it painted I didn't have them prep or paint the top (originally going with vinyl). But I like the way it looks without.. HHMM

Alot to do, but closer to the end then I am the beginning.....

Go look at my car. I put the vinyl top back on. It's not twizzler red, but red enough. Then you can get an idea on look. Why rear disc? Upgrade to 11" rear drum and you will stop just fine.

Just got turned on to this post...and it's gone. Hate these endings. Sweet build.

Looking forward to some progress reports. Neat project.

Some of the items I have bought for my car!

and a custom made emblem because we are putting an LS1!
Which oil pan did you go with? I haven't seen much for front sumps for the LS. I ask because I plan on starting my swap in August and making a build thread of my own. Also which radiator did you pick up? I heard a 2012 charger radiator and fan fits well with the LS behind it.

-
Back