72 duster 318 HO Exhaust grounding out

-

Dusty17

Reaction score
Hey guys, having a problem with my headers. One of the two hanging low on the drivers side has been grounding out over bumps. Not even extreme ones, its really hanging low. The bottom of the pipe has extreme wear and is almost perfectly flat. Not sure if its become a hole in the pipe yet, it hangs so low I'm gonna have to probably jack up the car to get a good look. If possible just take a look at the pictures and see if you can give me any sort of recommendation. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

yea man, raise the front end up and get you some new shocks . i have the same headers. 2 years running, daily driver and i have yet to hit a single thing. im still using 40 year old slant 6 torsion bars.

Attachments

• header clearance.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 183
  • header clearance1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 187
  • heeder.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 175
  • d311.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 198
I have the same issue. Was your car a slant six car? You can jack up the torsion bars or get new front springs.

Yes, i believe it used to be a slant 6 so maybe the extra weight has something to do with it. Although for some reason i thought the last owner had switched out the shocks along with the motor. Maybe i just overestimated him. And sorry, just realized i forgot to include pic in original post.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 160
Yes, i believe it used to be a slant 6 so maybe the extra weight has something to do with it. Although for some reason i thought the last owner had switched out the shocks along with the motor. Maybe i just overestimated him. And sorry, just realized i forgot to include pic in original post.
welcome to having headers on the street :burnout: changing the shocks won't keep you from scraping, if it still has the /6 T-bars you should get some out of a V8 car. you didn't say how low you are, but slammed with headers takes good planning.

-
Back