72 duster Build progress

-
Sorry it's been a couple days without updates guys, I've been really busy and it's been really HOT outside. BUT, I have progress pictures for you!, I got the duster all striped!, what do ya think?

IMAG0687.jpg

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

Tail lights are upside down in the picture in case you wondered why it didn't look right, my dad just tossed them in real quick when the car left paint lol.
IMAG0696.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

Did a vintage looking photo with photoshop , looks neat I think.
6edace41.jpg

What Rear end and springs are you runnin? The size and backspace of the front and rear rim? And the size of the tires?
Sorry to ask so many questions.

What Rear end and springs are you runnin? The size and backspace of the front and rear rim? And the size of the tires?
Sorry to ask so many questions.

Ss springs with 3" inbound spring relocation welded in on each side, 14" front rims,15" rear, not sure of backspace off hand, rear tires are 275/60/15's (28" tall tire), fronts I can't remember off hand either. However I may have mentioned it previously in the thread if you feel like looking. Other wise I'll have to get back to you later with that info.

X2 on the Stripes BABY SWEEEEEEEEET man looks GREAT Jerod you sure have come along way with it. Love the Vintage photo. Keep up the great work.

Brad

Thanks guy!. It sure has came a long way. I believe tomorrow is 3 years since I bought the duster.

A lot of blood sweat and tears in it, but it made me appreciate it that much more.cant wait to get it done. I'll keep you all updated as I go!

Hey Jerrod... Your SS springs, what weight did you go with? I know when you order super stock springs from Summit, they come in differant weight capacities.. Now I know the Dart was somewhere around 2800 pounds when it was new.. Thought about getting 3200pd springs..

That I am not sure of, the previous owner did the springs and relocation.

Thats cool.. just figured I would ask... She has a heck of a rake to her (I love that look) .. does she ride nice? or is it super stiff, and basketball like (hopping on the bumps)?

Thats cool.. just figured I would ask... She has a heck of a rake to her (I love that look) .. does she ride nice? or is it super stiff, and basketball like (hopping on the bumps)?

It actually drives REALLY nice. Better feeling ride then my wifes 2000 grand Cherokee or my 03 s10 crew cab. To look at it you would think it would ride like a lumber wagon but she's smooth!

WOW now I know what I have to save up for, cause mine is like riding on tigers back you know from Winnie the Pooh. Air Shocks who needs ummm (well I do for now) 8^)

Finished wiring in the electronic ignition conversion today. Runs good, will probably figure out something else to do tomorrow that doesn't cost any money to do lol. Have a few for sale adds up right now of parts for sale ...trying to help fund a few paint supplies I need to paint my scoops and spoiler still but so far no bites. Check out the for sale ads and it might be some stuff your interested in!, willing to deal...just pm me

Sorry I havent updated in a bit guys. I took a little break....wasnt feeling to well for about a week and I wanted to spend time with the family for awhile also. Was just plain worn out on working on the car every day all day.

anyhow, I started getting back at it!

went and picked up some buffing wheels for the bench grinder and some rouge bars.

got a bunch of the trim done (hammered and dollied all the dings and dents out of the trim,wet sanded them,buffed and polished them. And they look new again!).

also ordered my new set of door handles and they arrived the other day,got all my locks polished and looking new again.ordered a new rubber bumper duster kit and it arrived last week and I installed all of that too (new hood bumpers,hood adjusters,door bumpers,trunk bumpers,ash tray and glove box bumpers...etc...etc...) also finished up some wiring. installed some of the trim thats done (drivers side drip rail and the entire rear window.

should be able to finish polishing the rest of the trim tomorrow. Then some time this week ill probably pick up the supplies i need to finish paint the rest of the stuff (scoops,spoiler,hood latch support and front filler panel and mirrors) and then Ill go ahead and get those painted so I can install them.

once thats done I will likely hop back and forth between finishing up the interior and the rest of the mechanical work that i need to do (ordered new interior sail panels that I have to put in,need to build a new interior speaker shelf,install my new transgo tf-2 shift kit and install my new fuel line.

Thats BASICALLY the biggest stuff i have left to do. lots of odds and ends but nothing major. I SHOULD be able to get it dang near DONE in a couple of weeks depending on how much I work on it.

Id like to have it done and ready to go some time in august so i can still get a couple months of driving out of it before i need to park it for the winter.

anyhow, that should have you guys up to speed on everything.

Heres a couple pictures of the trim work and stuff.

391516_3980825271516_1609270469_n.jpg

This is one of the BETTER looking of the trim pieces prior to polishing.
BEFORE
IMAG0727.jpg

AFTER
IMAG0728.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

The old garage gets dusty real fast. going to have to give it a bath sometime.

IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

IMAG0733.jpg

IMAG0735.jpg

WOW fantastic Jerrod, Looks great as always can't wait for more updates cause I love that color :)

That trim came out great Jerrod....thanks for forcing me to add one more "To-Do" to my ridiculously long list!!

Pat

Nothing like the addition of trim to start setting the car off...looks great!

Thanks guys!, feels good to see thar duster coming together after all these years of work. It's looking more and more like a done car!.

I still have a pretty good "to do list" left but it's dwindling .

I'll keep you all updated!

Jerrod, your duster is looking great! I'm glad to see your finally getting to see the end results of all your hard work. Good job!

Got the passenger side trim all hammered and dollies out,wet sanded,buffed and polished, as well as most of the front windshield trim.

Got the passenger drip rail installed and the lower front windshield trim installed and then had to call it a day and head in town with the family. Tomorrow I'll get the rest of the windshield trim done and probably do this whole process on my sill plates also.

Hopefully I can get some done tomorrow , have to get up early and put a new oil pan on my wife's vehicle and if I et that done soon enough and have free time , I will work on the duster some more.

I took pictures of progress today but I'm to whooped rig how to load them up so I will likely add them tomorrow.

Stay tuned guys!

-
Back