72 Pro Street Dart

-
she any good with a plazma cutter?...i could use a little schoolin'

tell me about it you just hit the nail in the head, but you forgot the PSP games, Avatar movie(that we already watch like 700 times) playing with the RC car and more important, go every weekend to Walmart to buy some cheap 3 dollar toys she can ruin in a week to be ready for the next weekend! :mrgreen:

got three myself two 18 year's old's one 15. and boy can they eat .

she any good with a plazma cutter?...i could use a little schoolin'
Not yet but she'll get there!

Ohh i got a 21 year old daughter in college, and boy, every time she come home for vacation or to pass the weekend the fridge suffer A LOT!

I get to start installing the Mancini leaf spring relocation kit and again run out of shielding gas :(
I did leave the outside of the factory frame rail just because in my opinion it give more strength to the frame itself, (just my likeness) i did make some holes on top to plug weld the top part in that side to the new box, and give me all the clearance from tire to leaf spring,
And just for all of you, another way to install them, as far as i know, it haven't been done like that before:grommit:

here some pictures,

dodgedart005.jpg

dodgedart006.jpg

dodgedart007.jpg

dodgedart008.jpg

dodgedart009.jpg

I finish with both sides of the spring relocation kit installation pretty straight forward, so far i like what i see, i may convert the rear suspension to a 4-link set up and use the front spring perch as a front lower link perch it should be awesome!

dodgedart012.jpg

I like the way you did the spring relocation bracket install

OK i am not an eloquent guy, and if i don't have a picture i don't update my post, i consider the pictures very important on any update, that's me sorry for the delay in updating this!

First my helper that want to be in every update so here is Daddy's little helper, a box of oreos and half galon of milk every 3 days, cover her services!
Daddyslittlehelper.jpg

Dana 60 is almost ready just cut 2 3/4 from each side weld the housing ends and put it back together and back on it's 4 on the ground,
Dana60.jpg

So far is looking really mean, i cant wait to see it on the ground with the weight of the engine on.
lookinggood.jpg

ohhhtheDartiscommingtogether.jpg

Thanks guys,
Hey DarTT i was waiting last time for you to come by buddy, just show up and we can talk and drink couple of cold ones, hell, i could use a hand some times buddy!

Another very talented builder great job can't wait to see that thing on the ground to get the full effect.

Thanks guys,
Hey DarTT i was waiting last time for you to come by buddy, just show up and we can talk and drink couple of cold ones, hell, i could use a hand some times buddy!
Hell, just never really got a chance, I will have to figure out when I can and let you know! I need to come see your Dart in person:cheers:

Update is on today as i almost got my Dana 60 rear ready,

housingendaxleandleafspringshackle.jpg

Poor man spool, it will be replaced eventually.
poormanspool.jpg

49 1/2" axle flange to axle flange + 1/4" of each disc brake rotor for a total of 50" just perfect!
theholyguacamoly.jpg

Axle tube welded to center chunk
axletubesweldedtocentersection.jpg

And the helper was shooting at me the whole afternoon with her new found toy.
Dana60almostready.jpg

man I love the 60. I'm putting one in my car. Got a great deal on it. $100 but it was out of a 68 F250. After buying a locker, gears, disc conversion, narrowing the housing and getting axles I'm in it for 3000. But it should never fail, so it was worth the ecpense.

yours looks good man keep up the good work

man I love the 60. I'm putting one in my car. Got a great deal on it. $100 but it was out of a 68 F250. After buying a locker, gears, disc conversion, narrowing the housing and getting axles I'm in it for 3000. But it should never fail, so it was worth the ecpense.

yours looks good man keep up the good work
Well i get mine from the pick a part for $60 bucks, out of a 69 ford f250 with 3.73 gears already, pay another $60 on the housing ends, $350 for the axles, and $120 for the T/A aluminum cover with the carrier bearing preload support, the rest i did it here at home with my measuring skills, my welder and a big pipe cutter. it wasn't that bad, i will put a new spool later on but i can drive it the way it is for a long time i am sure!

sweet deal! i love when people make these dana's work for cheap. ........one day ill do the same i hope

Well i get mine from the pick a part for $60 bucks, out of a 69 ford f250 with 3.73 gears already, pay another $60 on the housing ends, $350 for the axles, and $120 for the T/A aluminum cover with the carrier bearing preload support, the rest i did it here at home with my measuring skills, my welder and a big pipe cutter. it wasn't that bad, i will put a new spool later on but i can drive it the way it is for a long time i am sure!
yeah mine had 3.73 gears as well. I dumped them in favor of 3.55's (still have them thoug if I decide to change them later) I am running 35 spline everything, (mosier axles and eaton locker) I alsso have the TA cover it's a nice setup. I picked up the main cap stud kit they sell as well. when I ordered up everything for my rear end I told them it has to hold together with over 1400hp (thats my goal down the road for the car) and I don't want to redo the rear end later to get there. We thought about narrowing the axle our selves but the guy wanted 200 to narrow it (and install the correct mopar ends) and weld the tubes to the housing. And we figured it was reasonable and he has a jig for the dana to get the ends straight. So we let him have at it. I'll see about posting some pics later when I'm not in my phone.

200 was a steal for all that job, i was lucky a friend of mine has a jig and let me use it, good luck with your ride buddy!

that's what I said. And the guy does 10-15 a month, so he has done it a few more times than I have lol

Lookin good! try to get some more pics with those fattys in the back there. Looks trick.:thumblef:

man I can't wait to get mine under the car and sitting on it's new suspension. (currently a 7.25 under it to keep it mobile) probably 2 more weekends to finish up my cage then the axle is up for install.

yours looks great. I'm a little envious :)

-
Back