72 Swinger 5.7 HEMI

-
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you like it. A professional photographer, Tracy Meadows, shot the following pics. Obviously has an eye for things.

DSC_1676 (Small).jpg

DSC_1686 (Small).jpg

DSC_1706 (Small).jpg

DSC_1725 (Small).jpg

Sweet Ride. I sure hope you haven't attempted to tow the 8000 lb you claim you can with it though. Towing 8000 lb with a 3000 lb short wheel base unibody car is a recipe for disaster, frame connectors or not! I just would hate to see that beautiful ride pushed into a transfer truck or something. Let alone what could happen to you. You have a lot of talent and good taste to match. I hope to see you building more cars in the future. Keep up the great work! :eek:)

5.7, I may have missed it; what exhaust are you running on this beautiful Dart?
Tom Hand

As for towing, probably wouldn't push it that far.... However, don't forget that when yer towin' the heavy stuff that the trailer brakes do all the work. I'll keep it under 6K. Looking to build a matching teardrop trailer in the future just for the hell of it.

As for the exhaust, I started with factory manifolds--can't argue with a horsepower per cube--and they won't leak. I hate leaks. Didn't want to spring the big money on TTI headers anyway. 2 1/2" aluminized pipe after that--drilled for the O2 sensors 8" from manifolds--about where they were on the truck.

Hand formed the rest of the way back--with zero clamps. Did I mention I hate leaks? Flowmaster 50 Series mufflers--wanted something a little less aggressive than the original 40 Series. They sound awesome. Still have that Flowmaster sound without pissing off the neighbors. You don't announce your arrival five blocks away. Finally, I tucked the tails in between the springs and quarters. Ya can't see 'em--part of the plan. Lots of hidden stuff on this car by design. I'm not a show-off.

Here's a few pics front to rear underneath.

undercar 1 (Small).jpg

DSCF0047 (Small).JPG

DSCF0048 (Small).JPG

Speaking of hiding things, quite a few people have asked why I did the underhood covers. Necessity. Look at this mess.

harness 002 (Small).jpg

DSC06019 (Small).JPG

I've seen some well done A bodies in my day, and that one ranks right up there with the best of them. Congratulations on a SUPER job.

How did I miss this :read2:

I just made it to the fist page Just know,
and I agree with ya Sid, It ranks right up there with the best of them

Know I need to read the next 5 pages of this hemi dart swinger:clock:

Got talked into entering a large show after cruising 500 miles. The Dart was covered with bugs and their juice. It won it all--amazing.

sistersville 009 (Small).jpg

sistersville 006 (Small).jpg

I saw your Dart at Carlisle and was truly impressed.
I mean, I had seen it on here, but seeing it in person was something else altogether.
I tried to hang around to meet you, but the judging for my car club was coming up.
I would love to do something like what you have done to my Dart.
I realize I've said that to you before, but I still want to.
Alas, as of right now I don't have the time or the talent or the money.
But someday, someday, I will.
By the way, I love the stripe job on the truck and the trailer, it looks sweet.

It won it all--amazing. 5.7, I think your modesty is great, as I said before just an immaculate job you have done there!! Congrats!!

looks great, are you going to bring it down to m.i.r. November 1st for the all mopar show, your in northern Va. which isn't all that far away, we'll be there most likely.

Wadda ya mean you were more interested in something other than an A-Body??!! Shame on you.

I will say this about my Dart; it has given Dart's more respect ever since I finished it. A lot of people at the start where like "What, a Dart? You teach third grade special ed or something!? Get a real car!"

Things and attitudes changed as soon as I Chitty Chitty Bang Banged this thing out of the garage.

Thanks for the comments and support. I'll check on the November 1 thing.

Oh, and here's a pic of the Dart towing an antiques gas engine to a show on the Ohio River a few weeks back. Had to take the Ferry across--way cool.

90MPH towing through the mountains on Route 68 got a lot of wild looks.

By the way, we averaged 23 MPG, not too shabby for a 400 horsepower jukebox.

sistersville 004 (Small).jpg

You have a Super nice Dart. This is the modern Dart that should be. But I have a problem with it being listed in the restoration seciton. This is more of a Restified or Updated to today type car. I love it but it isn't a restoration. Great effort. Now if only Mother Mopar would build it cheap.

I would like to say WOW :cheers:and You sure built a dandy
driver-show-work ready and a piece of art of a dart.:rock:

And I think your signature strpping is very cool :thumbrig:

Thanks for sharing a great build 5.7Dart

Check out the latest (June) issue of Mopar Action Magazine. My Dart made it!!! This is unbelievable. What an honor. I know there are lots of guys out there building cars in the hopes of getting in a rag, but that was never my intent. Never even crossed my mind. How arrogant would that be? I was just building a fun car for me to thrash. WOW!!!

battlefield sunset 002 (Small).jpg

-
Back