72 Swinger Project

-
Well Denny if you come to Mopars at the Rock in April.....maybe I will put another one of you front ends in the Demon. Until then the plan is to get this sucker there for an appearance. Taking a small pause to generate some cash to put towards completion.

I was hoping that weather was going to be nicer Saturday, but I am headed to pick this car up and trailer it here to NC so I can do more of the work myself.

After almost 3 years of this car being a state away I brought it home to finish!

Attachments

• DSC_0112.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 664
Rotors on backwards so I will need to pull and then install calipers. completely new hardware front to back. Mancini offset adapter with Prop valve installed.

Attachments

• DSC_0104.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 597
  • DSC_0110.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 596
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 613
Everything new out back TTI headers into full TTI through flowmaster 40s

Attachments

• DSC_0137.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 600
  • DSC_0139.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 600
  • DSC_0120.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC_0119.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC_0116.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0114.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 607
Looks like your'e making some great progress there !! Wish I was that far along on mine.

Full color change is in order. Interior is mint and will be black and red. Car has Zero rust and was garage kept. Trunk is spotless and still has original spare and jack.

Attachments

• DSC_0136.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 626
  • DSC_0133.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 569
  • DSC_0129.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 576
  • DSC_0135.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC_0125.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC_0102.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 615
@mitch....not sure it is progress after as long as it has been, I made a list of all the little nuts and bolts to replace. Car should be running in the next few weeks.

Yesterday's work was fitting and ordering the steering pieces to get from stock location to rack. Discovered that there were no nuts on most of the HDK and that a lot of the bolts were just mocking things in place on one side but not the other. Noted that there were a few other things that were off as well. Ordered spacers for Wilwood calipers. After Turning the rotors over to bolt the calipers on we noted the required clearance was not there, nor were the shims. Oh and my nut and bolt frame on resto knick knack list got a hell of a lot longer.

Yesterday's work was fitting and ordering the steering pieces to get from stock location to rack. Discovered that there were no nuts on most of the HDK and that a lot of the bolts were just mocking things in place on one side but not the other. Noted that there were a few other things that were off as well. Ordered spacers for Wilwood calipers. After Turning the rotors over to bolt the calipers on we noted the required clearance was not there, nor were the shims. Oh and my nut and bolt frame on resto knick knack list got a hell of a lot longer.

Looking great! The knick knack list always grows, right?

Let me know if you are missing any hardware to your HDK....I will fix you up.

Thanks Denny. Mike and I are going to make a list. I will send you a pic of the shock tower braces. One is mounted bolt head exposed the other nut exposed. Driving me nuts....literally...lol!

Brakes done and bled. Finished tearing down a 440 today to send off to the machine shop. Nothing crazy just going to build a nice street driver to sell. Tach is giving a fit on the wife's car. Everything else is back to working with stock gauges.

Running and sure to smoke the tires even if it is a Chevy....my wife's first car 1991 RS Camaro. Found it 180 miles from where she traded it in 10 years or so ago. She is happy...get the tach going and we are done! 350 TPI with aluminum heads....

Attachments

• PIC_0091.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 591
Wiper motor 3431532 shows up as a 3 speed A body. Switch inside car has 3 speed positions. Everywhere I look it is giving a 2 speed as a part replacement. I could clean the one I have, but wires have been cut and I am trying to hit the easy button here. Any help would be appreciated.

Wiper motor 3431532 shows up as a 3 speed A body. Switch inside car has 3 speed positions. Everywhere I look it is giving a 2 speed as a part replacement. I could clean the one I have, but wires have been cut and I am trying to hit the easy button here. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to O'Reilly Auto Parts website and look up wiper motors for later 70's Chargers, Monocos or other luxury type Mopars from that era. You will find the variable speed wiper motor available with a broad range of prices. I don't know why, the only differences are the style of the plug ins. I bought one for my 70 340 duster for like $70 and it had OE style spades so I just used my original plug. Works great!

Always nice to get her home and start working on her.
I remember bringing mine home from body and paint. Feels Great, Looks Great. :burnout:

Yep. I agree. Still have some additional paint to finish interior, but working on plenty while I get to that. Thanks for the positives.

Driveshaft back from shop and ready to put into place. Check. Starter is making contact with headers so that is coming off tomorrow. Oil pan making contact with rack. I had it machined with a notch already but no ability to slip a dolla' bill between the pan and the rack so it has to go. Sure I am forgetting something.....

5.5" deep sump road race / pro-touring version....#31580 (pricey)

-
Back