72 Swinger Project

-
Thanks Denny. Pisses me off just a touch when I drove to VA to mock the thing up and decided to machine my pan instead of replace. Drained the oil then....now gotta do it again!

Installed the drive shaft today and made a longer list of the little things. Still waiting on a few parts for completion of wiring. Cleaned up some parts and got an update on a 440 at the machine shop.

Attachments

• DSC_0158.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 617
Ok. So this car was in VA and I took it out of the shop it was in so that I could work on it. HDK up front was "mocked in". What I cant tell is wtf I am looking at!? I already had to turn the rotors over so the calipers would go on. Then I noticed the coil overs are mounted differently on both sides...I am not sure which way is correct.

Driver's side.......

Attachments

• DSC_0155.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC_0156.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC_0157.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC_0161.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 606
Looks like it is missing upper mount shims? Not to mention that isn't even the right bolt. I can easily see where I need to put cotter keys in place everywhere, but I just cant tell what is going on with the coil overs. I was there when I put the motor on the K but was out of the loop after that. Need to make sure it is all straight before I get an alignment and do correct BS measures for rims.

Attachments

• DSC_0160.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC_0159.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 609
The motor was running before I dropped it off for install what seems like forever ago. When going over the wiring I noticed that the distributor was loose. Not sure why?! Gives cause for alarm. I posted previously that the starter was hitting the headers, fixed that by replacing. Interesting thing was that the starter on the motor was not the one the engine builder puts on his builds. I am tempted to pull the motor apart and look for stuff inside. None of it giving me the warm fuzzies.

As usual Denny bailing me out on this front end. Back ordered forward light harness from year one. All new windshield wipers from pump to spray nozzles ordered.

As I continue to replace every nut and bolt on this sucker....anyone tell me where I can find this cable for a V8? Maybe a new foot pad too. the rest I can redo.

Attachments

• DSC_0164.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 594
Ok. Got the replacement cable in correct length for V8. Just need some warmer weather and time. Boxes off the knick knack list rolled in from all over.

Ok. Finished making my restoration list......for now. Checking with Gary to see if my Demon grill is in better shape than the one I have as the mounting tabs are for ****. Ordered the last of what I need for underwood wiring. A lot of tedious **** to do with wiring, cleaning and small part painting. I will be at it again when I get time.

Cleaned and degreased to accelerator pedal and prepped for paint. Disassembled old windshield washer reservoir and pump. Cleaned and degreased. Already ordered new so it will make someone a very nice driver quality piece with some more elbow grease.

I see UPS delivered the parts. Do you have poly ends on your shocks or spherical bearings?

According to the link, they have the bearing vs the poly end which is what you want.

The control arms swing in different arcs....and the bearing allows this without binding the shock.

I wasn't sure if they were needed or not ( I could not tell by the pictures) for your LCA, but I included a set of (4) steel spacers for the lower shock mount.

Thanks Denny! Super help...@ Bigus if I ever get this one done...classic industries box in today so I can fully rebuild washer system...lol.

Anyone know where to actually get a forward light harness. Seems as though all on back order! All new parts rolling in garage looks like an autozone. Hopefully get at it this weekend.

Rock auto for a restored motor and all over for the rest of the stuff to completely restore wiper equipment on the Dart.

Attachments

• DSC_0171.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC_0173.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 607
Ok....ordered under hood wiring straps, headlight adjusting nuts and springs, exterior screw kit, interior screw kit, under hood and trunk nut, bolt, and screw kit, bumper bolt kit. That should round out the rest of the nuts and bolts! Disassembled the front and rear bumpers and set aside the front and rear fiberglass replacements. Will rebuild front and rear lights when all the parts come in. All new marker lights all the way around. Correct 72 top of fender markers on the way. Battery relocation kit arrived. Still trying to pin down a 72 forward light harness.....

Got the steering mocked in. Will pull back out to paint and pull header to give it a little kiss.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 528
@ Evildart.....thanks. Not nearly as much as I would like, but I hope to have it running in the next few weeks.

Ok....been a minute and I have been working my *** off. Not getting much done on the car, but the battery relocation box is in, engine wired, Trans cooler and lines installed, steering complete. New Milodon oil pan installed with windage tray and some other little ****. Waiting on a hose for the radiator of all things to crank this ***** up!

-
Back