72 Swinger Project

-
Doug Herbert's cam .509 lift. I think the sound is a product of TTI headers, X-pipe, Flowmaster 40s. 3 inch exhaust

Classic industries 7" replacement lights and xenon bulbs with harness upgrade and relays.

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 409
Just working with my buddy who talks these guys on the phone on a regular. Works well so need not do anything different....I like simple that works I guess.

Ok. Worked at the shop yesterday and got a few things off the bucket list and lined up some parts to install. Made a plan to attack the interior. Helped build a 1970 six pack motor. Wrote a paper. Did a bunch of yard work, read some more, did some painting. I think I broke my hand. All my fingers work and I can make a fist...though painful. We will see how it goes in the AM.

Attachments

• DSC_0087.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC_0088.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC_0090.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 421
Fixed up the blower motor. Ready to install. Didn't get anything else done on the car. Rebuilt a 727 and got it ready to bolt to a 440...

Attachments

• DSC_0109.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 420
Two of my six kids with a bday this weekend. No work done on the car. Good thing is I am down to one box of metal to blast and refinish.

Dropped the last of some pieces to get blasted today on my way home from work. A couple powder coat pieces. Going to tear out interior after I get it down on tires and wheels. Still trying to get front end right....just me being a newbie trying to undo what was was done before I brought the car home.

Orders to Hawaii, eh? What branch? What's your RNLTD? Any questions about da island life, brah? Shoots!

I've been here just shy of two years...and my DEROS was cropped back to 30 Nov this year...I'm kinda happy, kinda pissed. Do you have animals? If you do, and you want to bring them, get started on the vaccines and titer test now so they're not sitting in the doggie penitentiary here...seriously depressing looking.

crazy question for you. Looking at the first pics with what appears to be Jeep wheels on back of the Dart. I actually think they look decent do you remember what size tires those were? and was that on an A-body stock rear or what was in it at that time?

@txstang...Army...not sure what RNLTD is...lol. After 25 years you would think I know all the acronyms! @ v8fish I will let you know in a minute...yes those were Jeep wheels. I think I still have them in my shed...maybe.

@txstang...Army...not sure what RNLTD is...lol. After 25 years you would think I know all the acronyms! @ v8fish I will let you know in a minute...yes those were Jeep wheels. I think I still have them in my shed...maybe.

Sorry-report no later than date-So you're going to Schofield? Camp Smith? Wheeler?

OK, now you have me slightly confused...I suspect that means a 365 day temp spot?

Nope 3 year tour leaving here in a little under a year. Only thing I am pushing on is a return to where I am to finish time and retire.

Rog--I'm outta here around turkey day...my tour was supposed to be 4 years and I would've punched in summer '17 with just over 21 years in...then PACAF had other ideas. They still don't have their **** together so I just wanna go back to Texas so I can pull chocks...very likely to have better employment opportunities there anyway with all the years on my previous airframe.

If you get to stay the whole 3 years, get out and see the island(s)...and be ready for traffic...and stupid cost of living (thank God you get COLA).

...except groceries, gas, clothes, ya know...**** you need to live. ;)

I would say you could save some $ not working on the car, but between storage costs (I pay about $185 a month-yikes) and real life stuff, you really kinda break even. That being said, you can definitely enjoy yourself out here if you want to...other islands are only a 20-30 min flight on a puddle jumper away, and all of them are FAR less populated than Oahu.

-
Back