72 Swinger Project

-
Damn-those look pretty damn nice--might have to try that on mine when I make it back to the mainland.

Ok, so I FIN-ALL-Y finished the front suspension. Thanks to HemiDenny for responding to my texts of PICS. Forgot to take some after pics, but I got it right. Was just a bolt in upper shock mount. Initially I placed the aluminum bushings, but after talking to Denny I replaced then with the poly bushings on top, moved the aluminum into place on the UCA. Aluminum on the bottom mount of the QA1s. This after having to flip around a bunch of other stuff that was "correct" after pulling out of a shop to do it myself. Tightened down sway bar and rear drag link and went back over every single nut and bolt up front.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 407
  • photo 3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 410
In an effort to get this sucker done I went ahead and pulled all the interior out of the car! Moved it into the paint booth the shoot the interior flat black. Clean as a whistle in there. Pulled the original spare out...look at that well!

Attachments

• DSC_0129.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC_0128.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_0127.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC_0126.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC_0125.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0123.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 404
Not that it matters worth a damn at this point...but a spectacular build sheet.

Attachments

• DSC_0131.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 340
Well now some tedious cleaning and painting for interior pieces seats off to upholstery for custom job...

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC_0125.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC_0132.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 417
Wow,what a build thread. Also like to add a thank you for your service as I realize how much our bigger brother to the south watches over us. If you wanted to cut down on storage fees I could watch over the dart for you.

Cheers
Mike

Anyone know where I could find the cardboard piece that covers the back of the rear seat?

I got mine from Dante's. Year One sells them, probably at a higher price, and other places also. I've seen some made from black tag board, but in that case, having an original as a template would be helpful.

@ mikes72 thanks. I am tenuously pushing back on the assignment. I am long in the tooth, might be time for me to stop moving every 3-4 years and put my feet down. @ 72Dodge I found one at Pro-fit. Mine is there and intact....just a small tear on it. I haven't spared much on this sucker yet....why start now.

New dash decals, new antenna, new body plug kit came in along with the boar grain vinyl top! Ooooooh it is getting close...

Moving and uprooting children is a tough tough thing. We moved 4 or 5 years back. It was only a few towns away so we could get the kids into a great school district. All I can say is it was tough. I can imaging moving a great distance is tougher.

I have moved 8 times and deployed 4 for almost 900 days in my last 20 years....after awhile it just becomes downright disruptive...lol

I got mine from Dante's. Year One sells them, probably at a higher price, and other places also. I've seen some made from black tag board, but in that case, having an original as a template would be helpful.

Pretty sure that's where I bought mine too--well worth the cost. Quieted down the interior noise a good bit. Put in a new package tray and it's like a whole different car...then you start hearing everything else that makes noise.

Lol. Noises. Unless it is a wheel coming off I am not sure I will hear it. The car is loud. I was going to put a hidden radio in the glove box...then thought **** it, I can barely hear the radio in my 74 over the motor. AM radio it is....besides at about 6 mpg I am not making many long trips!

I was polishing trim today and prepping interior parts for paint. Not sure why when there is overspray on original parts?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 272
Painted trunk. Will reinstall battery, etc .at some point. I have original jack and spare. Found the trunk mat but need to locate the cardboard piece to replace.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 242
-
Back