72 Swinger Project

-
Detroit Muscle Technologies sells the decals. You can get them in carbon fiber or wood grain. Personally I am not a fan of wood grain. Dash components were complete and not cracked. Interior was satin black paint so I just decided on scheme and used silver metallic as the accent. Black with nothing else would be a bit dark. Sanded off all the old stuff where wood grain was at and completely cleaned and let dry. Taped off and shot black. Let cure then next day taped off and shot silver. Silver was a bit of a pain as it didn't lay on like I wanted because of high humidity. Let that cure. Then applied decal. They fit really well and it was easy to apply. Windex was solution recommended, then just work excess out. Toughest part was taping out lenses. I cut out thin cardboard discs, worked them into place with a tape overlay cut in the same disc shape with about a 16th inch excess.

Picked interior metal trim from powdercoat today. Tossed the carpet on the floor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 332
Seats are nearly done. Finished trunk area and reinstalled battery box. Speaker box and stereo install this week. Top trim and finish work this week. Dash cap was redone and will go on and then glass install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 311
Sent the kick panels out for speaker cut outs, 6x9 in deck, 2 10 inches and an amp on the way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 351
Seats are coming along. Carpet in. Visors installed. Stereo went in today and dash will get buttoned up this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 284
Went to work and cleaned this sucker. Taped off one bezel and shot some satin on it. Pain in the ***. Need to get some old paint of the grill. Then I will go at it. Stereo in car and all wires run.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 295
Cleaned sanded and got a coat or two of paint on the grill. The bezels got a coat of black. Taping off those suckers is a pain in the balls. Now I know why people paint a single color !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 226
-
Back