72 Swinger Project

-
Trans cooler suspended in front of radiator for max cool. Debating on whether or not to paint the brushed aluminum mounting bars.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 455
Steering link with header "adjustment". Will pull column out and detail shaft later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 446
Yeah. You know it. I had all the free time I thought I could handle with the three jobs I have. Then I was selected for a special master's program.....to do while I work! Lol adjustments. Yeah

Restoring my tail lights....anyone know where I can find new seals for the housing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 445
Agreed. And drive I need mirrors. Elbow grease....driver's mirror!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 408
Clean, degreased, primed and painted. Ready for install. On to the light buckets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 405
Cleaning and prepping these things are taking me hours. One down one to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 456
Small work done here and there. Cleaned up all the little things. Mounted the radiator overflow bottle. cleaned all the BS out of the trunk to prep for paint. Battery relocation complete.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 405
@ Carl. I'd be lying if I told you. I picked the whole setup off of a FABO member nearly 2 years ago. I can look for a PN when I get back to shop. Thanks for the kind words. A lot of hours in this car. I have 30 hours in the last few days just doing detail pieces. Cleaned all the forward wiring yesterday for install of lights. When I am done the entire car will be new.

Fan is a SPAL. I couldn't find any markings on radiator, but I believe Chamipioncomes to mind? 23 inches wide, perfect fit. Left to right. Front to back you can see how much room I have!

[ame]http://youtu.be/TlRvf0Un-Jc[/ame]

Connected column shift linkage to 727 and re-connected driver's header. Quick clip of what it sounds like through full TTI 1 3/4 inch headers to x pipe through Flowmaster 40s. Full 3 inch pipes to rear. The set up does not come with Flowmaster mufflers...I like the sound...

One half of the steering column done today between moving my daughter and every other thing that popped up. Couple before and after pics. Other part is going to be a bit harder with detail work....

Attachments

• DSC_0048.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC_0052.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 362
Ok. Still have some touch up to do, but finished the column, headlight buckets and doors. All new hardware from Mr. Gs. Polished headlight bezels. Cleaned entire harness, ready for install. Found a guy who is able to put on Boar Grain top so getting that arranged. Dropped off dash cap for restoration in a soft black leather. Decided entire interior in a flat black vs. color match is what I want.

Attachments

• DSC_0058.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 349
Today's chore was to polish door handles. Driver side is trash. Passenger looks like it was never used. Funny, I was told one owner little old lady, parked in garage story before car started changing hands. I believe it. Only sign of interior wear on the car was driver seat. Anyone know where I can get the O ring that seals the door handle push button? Was able to get all other seals new from DMT. Thanks Denny for the lead!

-
Back