72 Swinger Special

-
thats nice i got a 71 dart swinger for 600 when i was 18 to now i'm 20 still not done with the car.just got painted red in the procress of puttin it back together.puttin a 68 440 engine in it.

I give you credit for doing all that work and painting it yourself. Its amazing how much work needs to be done on our engine bays to look good. A lot more than I would of thought in the first place!

I give you credit for doing all that work and painting it yourself. Its amazing how much work needs to be done on our engine bays to look good. A lot more than I would of thought in the first place!

Thanks, I think it turned out well. You cant even tell where the inner fender was hacked out for fender-well headers. The engine bay is a tight place to be painting in and thats the reason for the runs. Any more runs in my engine bay and it would have looked like it was sprayed at the factory :-D

I think it was all worth it, chevy guys have it easy with their spray bomb black bays, but it doesnt look nearly as nice.

Also made some casters that will work on my A's and my E.

Attachments

• 1019001635.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 1021001409.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 327
  • 1021001336.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 329
  • 1021001335.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 1019001635c.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 1019001635b.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 1019001635a.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 337
Also made some casters that will work on my A's and my E.
I like the caster idea...I'm going to need something like that soon for my '67 Valiant. Do you store the car on them? Did you just come up with them on your own or did you have plans already? It looks like 16-gauge steel...Is that right? Where did you get your casters?

Sorry for the questions, but these are about perfect for what I need.

I like the caster idea...I'm going to need something like that soon for my '67 Valiant. Do you store the car on them? Did you just come up with them on your own or did you have plans already? It looks like 16-gauge steel...Is that right? Where did you get your casters?

Sorry for the questions, but these are about perfect for what I need.

I built them because I needed to turn the car around in the driveway and it doesnt have any front suspension on it now, I also will need these for my Challenger when I get around to blasting it. I have the pneumatic tires for going over dirt and such but I ended up putting solid 6" casters on the front just to keep the pneumatic tires from going flat while I store it like that. I borrowed the main idea from the ones made by John at US Car Tool, which I saw when I was down there. Theirs are laser cut and a really nice design, I would have bought them if I had the money. I basically just measured and cut based on some pictures and I wanted them a bit higher so I could get under the car if I needed to. The 2X2 is about 16 gauge the plates and the angle is a little thicker than 16 i'd say. I bought the casters at Harbor Freight. They work great, I just wish I made them a long time ago. It took me about 5 hours just to drill all the holes (about 40 of them). I made them to bolt to the bumper bracket locations for the A-bodies and the top holes are so that I can bolt it to the K-frame locations on A & E bodies. If the angle I used was wider then I would have made it so I could bolt it to the bumper bracket locations for the E-body.

Thanks for the interest, I hope that explains it 8)

Finally got some time to cut the drivers quarter off, not too bad underneath but I will need to fab up a new wheel well arch.

Attachments

• 1109001109.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 1109001605.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 1109001247b.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 1109001247.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 287
  • 1109001107a.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 290
  • 1109001107b.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 285
Nice build. Iam from Virginia also.. Mine must not be a spacial because it has the chrome moulding be low the doors and it has extra around the front end hood/fenders and there is a piece below the rear back glass. I think a car without all that looks better..

Nice build. Iam from Virginia also.. Mine must not be a spacial because it has the chrome moulding be low the doors and it has extra around the front end hood/fenders and there is a piece below the rear back glass. I think a car without all that looks better..

I saw your build thread and all I can say is what a steal! You paid $50 less, got a motor in it and it was the nicer 71 style. If you ever want to change your rear bumper to the correct 71 style let me know and I'll take the 70 one off your hands. lol. Also dont forget to check out the Tidewater Mopar Club website for info on the next MOPAR MADNESS.

I saw your build thread and all I can say is what a steal! You paid $50 less, got a motor in it and it was the nicer 71 style. If you ever want to change your rear bumper to the correct 71 style let me know and I'll take the 70 one off your hands. lol. Also dont forget to check out the Tidewater Mopar Club website for info on the next MOPAR MADNESS.

Mine on the title says 71 But it was an early build. 126 Jan,26 So I think early 71s got the 70 rear bumper. I like the one tail better than the 2.. Whats the website tidewatermoparclub.com..

Thanks I will have to go check it out..Where is the local hangout down there.I will have to bring my dart down there when I get it together. I might have to trailer it down there with the motor I'am building for it. The gear I'am going with.. Its like a 2 in half 3 hour drive one way..

Thanks I will have to go check it out..Where is the local hangout down there.I will have to bring my dart down there when I get it together. I might have to trailer it down there with the motor I'am building for it. The gear I'am going with.. Its like a 2 in half 3 hour drive one way..

We have several shows a year at the local Dodge Dealership Hall, but the biggest show is Mopar Madness in Petersburg. MM usually happens sometime between May and August. Check out the forum on the website and it will let you know about all of the upcoming shows.

We have several shows a year at the local Dodge Dealership Hall, but the biggest show is Mopar Madness in Petersburg. MM usually happens sometime between May and August. Check out the forum on the website and it will let you know about all of the upcoming shows.

Ya I go to VMP every year for the mopar meet..I go to MIR,75-80,Mason Dixion also.I'am talking about hangouts where people shoot the **** on Friday/Saturday night and might see a little street racing..

Ya I go to VMP every year for the mopar meet..I go to MIR,75-80,Mason Dixion also.I'am talking about hangouts where people shoot the **** on Friday/Saturday night and might see a little street racing..

Jenro's in Virginia Beach has always been a very popular hangout, add in some good weather and you can get one hell of a show on a saturday night.

Jenro's in Virginia Beach has always been a very popular hangout, add in some good weather and you can get one hell of a show on a saturday night.

cool cool so I will wait till it gets warmer to come down. I seen on a website that they hangout at bass pro shop in Virginia beach also,,

Had some time to work on the car before the quarter goes on. The trunk extension piece still needs some more massaging to fit right.

Attachments

• 1123001448b.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 298
  • 1123001448a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 1122001635.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 288
I also spent some time organizing my grilles (more like screwing around with them lol). I guess you could say that I collect them. The worst part is that I didn't take a picture of all of them. Not pictured are 2 70 Challenger grilles, another 73 Dart grille, a 75 Dart grille, and another 70-72 Duster grille. :shock:

Attachments

• 1123001456.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 1123001530.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 1123001613.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 1123001611a.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 284
-
Back