72 swinger

-

silverex

Reaction score
Hi everyone

in spring 2011 I was on this forum lokking for the cars for sale, ended up buying one from member here SWEST, the car came from california in 2008, its a 318 72 swingerf3 green with f6 interior was painted f8, the paint jod was average, my plant is to give it back is f3 color add the vinyl top ( black was oem green) put my 360 in it and the 8 3/4 that previous owner buy . for me I am a bodymen /welder and do all my mechanical work myself, I own a jeep tj built for off road also .

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF1146.jpg

DSCF8479.jpg

tubbing it
DSCF8386.jpg

meat
bfg.jpg

Gonna be a lot of fun when it's finished. Keep us posted with your progress.

4 days of from work,new vinyl top is on. I work in my small home garage, so I already sanded down to bare metal and primed passenger side, no surprise, no rust, the hood is ready to be primed , Iremoved 5 coat of paint and the 5 primer,the hood came from a 70/71 dart with the mounting hole for the hood scoop .

Now on the driver side Ifound some rust hole in driver door and rocker panel,no major issus this car is 99% rust free california car I am so pround of me for buying this one !

DSCF8482.jpg

DSCF8481.jpg

dart003.jpg

dart004.jpg

at lunch time today
dart001.jpg

silverex,
Did you install the vinyl roof yourself? I'll be honest, that is the one task on my car that kind has me scared to tackle myself. Any tips on how you did it? Thanks. L8r

Jim

Gerahead

I wanted to install it after I see some how to on youtube ( with a Dart) A friend of my father have a shop that used to install them ,He told me to come see when he install one on a belvedere, I changed my mind and pay him 300$ cdn to install the top ,it took half day and 3 men ! th job is perfect no wrinkle no air bubble. I will be able to install it for sure but experience was really handy

Awesome to see my old car doing so well.....glad to see there were no suprises. It was only in canada for a few months when you took her away.

4 days of from work,new vinyl top is on. I work in my small home garage, so I already sanded down to bare metal and primed passenger side, no surprise, no rust, the hood is ready to be primed , Iremoved 5 coat of paint and the 5 primer,the hood came from a 70/71 dart with the mounting hole for the hood scoop .

Now on the driver side Ifound some rust hole in driver door and rocker panel,no major issus this car is 99% rust free california car I am so pround of me for buying this one !

DSCF8482.jpg

DSCF8481.jpg

dart003.jpg

dart004.jpg

at lunch time today
dart001.jpg

Awesome to see my old car doing so well.....glad to see there were no suprises. It was only in canada for a few years when you took her away.

spring is coming so today I could have a day off, put some primer on an repeat !! I should have the most tiny garage 12 feet wide!! my paintbooth at the job have at least 16 foot wide x60 long !! but i ll do it ! passenger side already primed and sanded ,I will do hood and trunk this weekend

around 10 am
dart015.jpg

and 3pm
dart021.jpg

Great build. So is this a street car? If so then don't expect any more than 2,500 miles out of those BFG Drag Radials. Mine had the cords showing before then. I love tubbed darts. Keep it up.

Attachments

• ride4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,021
update,finally

Last week Iwas on vacation,the plan was to go in Moab UTAH for a week with my jeep and some friends,but 2 days before living, was testing my jeep and rolled it. I was dissapointed,the paint and the top was new on it,now the top is trash,and the body look like new glossy scratchy paint:eek:ops:

so I cancelled my trip over to moab,my friends are still there and put my week to work on the dart.Finisch the inner wheelhouse,final primer coat,sanding,sanding.... thursday I lay some paint on it, my old devillbiss gun, decide to died on as spluttering note of basecoat on the hood,a mess.

so ,my friend that let me used is paint shop ,let me use is new SATA gun, wow Ihad some hard time figuring it out ,but at the end it look good.

will take some pictures outside,the color is f3 amber sherwood
Photodart025.jpg

Photodart029.jpg

Photodart049.jpg

Photodart046.jpg

Photodart050.jpg

Photodart037.jpg

Thanks 2darts!

first ride yesterday, I will enjoy it this way and next winter ,install the narrowed 8,75 the refresh of the 360 and the 904 . color is f3 green

dart025.jpg

dart024.jpg

Awesome to see it on the road! Cant wait to see it with the narrowed rear end! It went to a good home.

so between a divorce and the conclusion of it in october,

- I removed the vinyl top the glue as not glued well(and the guy that did it dont want to re do it) lesson learned
-inspired by a fellow menber here I lay down some f8 paint on the top but with the f3 is was too much, was planning on trying f7 ,but summer was there ,and all the divorce thing,so I repaint them f3 and removed all the vinyl chrome piece. love the sportier look ,but a green vinyl top is in my mind also

I got a 360 lying heres tha was on a cordoba and run mid 12s on 1/4. with arias piston 13,5 comp and a purple cam 509, the comp is too much for running daily .
the engine is now open and downgrading it as started
-speed pro h 116
-head work j head with 2.02 already in
- comp cam xtreme energy 224/230@50 et 477/488 lift mechanical cam

still want to run mild low 12s ,and putting a 3,91 with 26 inch slick ,performer intake and 600 cfm,my uncle built engines for long time and he work with the minimun stuf on his engine he built and that works.

picture to come thanks for all the great info here

got my trans rebuild in 1 week!! and already back in. 904 with the lowgear, 5.0 lever deep pan, and the 6 pack clutch!! I know 5 is the number but this guys got some trick! this men do this for almost 40 years and he made many for Ray Barton and his customer when they where in montreal ,he was in the same building !will upload more pics putting the 8 ,75 with rear disc brake this week, and will take a decision if I go with steelies or the jegs mag that look like the weld rts!

Sorry to hear about the divorce.Nice work on the car,I guess you can take advantage of the new drag strip in Ottawa now.My Nostalgia racing club(ONDR)is due to race there Aug.23/14.Might see you out there.:burnout:

front end brake upgrade with 11,75, 15x7 inch mags, look good and should brake as good , rear got 11 inch disc brake and 15x8 with 275

-
Back