727 Reverse Problem

-

Moparguy45

Reaction score
I have a late 60's 727 with a trans go shift kit in it and it keeps blowing the rear servo spring retainer through the c clip and i loose reverse. wondering what kinda problem would cause this. there is no problem the the forwards gears just reverse.

The L/R servos we use eliminate the failure prone parts using a one piece billet aluminum piston, and a thicker retainer also made of billet aluminum. Every one of our transmissions gets one. With increased pressures from a shift kit or manual valve body, the OEM pieces will fail.

The L/R servos we use eliminate the failure prone parts using a one piece billet aluminum piston, and a thicker retainer also made of billet aluminum. Every one of our transmissions gets one. With increased pressures from a shift kit or manual valve body, the OEM pieces will fail.

Where do you get these billet servos from? Would upgrading just the rear servo affect anything else in the trans?

I typically have 1 or 2 in stock at all times. Upgrading the L/R servo will not affect anything else.

Umm, that piston doesn't include a thicker retainer--he's having problems with the retainer failing due to the increased pressure.

well put in a billet aluminum l/r servo and i got about 6 back ups then it went out again. havent dropped the pan yet due to fustration but anybody have any ideas what could have happened?

Sorry to hear that, considering I'm the one who sold you the upgraded L/R piston.

Mind taking a picture of the damage once the pan is off? Feel free to e-mail the pictures to me, so we can get this figured out.

Too loose on your rear band adjustment "could" cause this. What's your rear band adjustment?

I just can't see this thing blowing out of there do to the increased pressure from the shift kit.

Thanks,

Chris

-
Back