727 shifting in drag race??

-
We finally got the Scamp to the dragstrip. 2 of my sons raced it. 6 runs total and we finally broke into the 11 seconds with a 11.727 and 11.710 runs. The runs were very close by each son. The older son won by a tenth of a second. That was our mission. Get into 11 seconds but not 11.49.

View attachment 1716150990
1973 scamp race in Spokane

I think I'll have to come out to Spokane next season if I can get my car finished (as in pass tech) not pretty lol.

Nice! probably the best it's going to get, et and mph are pretty close. maybe a couple tenths more
Yea, I don't plan much for next year as far as changes. I will get some new drag radials or drag slicks, in 275/60-15 instead of the 255/60-15s to fill out the rear wells. The engine and chassis are close to ideal for how it was originally designed, but the cam was designed with nitrous in mind so not ideal. Since I am just slower than Roll cage speed, I will keep it as is. It is fast enough for me though my sons want more. Nitrous would be easy to do with the Holley Super Sniper EFI ready to control it, but then all the safety requirements would come into play.

-
Back