727 Transgo shift kit. Plugging tiny hole in valvebody partition

-

RevboxRyan

Reaction score
727 valve body Transgo shift kits I've been using always say plug this small hole. I've plugged it in the past with JB weld lots of times but it's always bugged me. Trying tacking shut with Tig last time still unsuccessfully. What methods are you guys using?

SNX-22771A-02K.jpg

I use JB Weld on lots of things, but inside a valve body would worry me that a piece could flake off and jam a valve. How about a little strip of solder; crimped or smashed on both ends? Or maybe a tiny finishing nail chopped off and crimped? That's what I use on th400 separator plates to dual feed the direct clutch; have to block the reverse feed hole.

I use JB Weld on lots of things, but inside a valve body would worry me that a piece could flake off and jam a valve. How about a little strip of solder; crimped or smashed on both ends? Or maybe a tiny finishing nail chopped off and crimped? That's what I use on th400 separator plates to dual feed the direct clutch; have to block the reverse feed hole.
Yeah I don't like the idea either it's been working for 10 years on my 12v truck. Thought about trying to braze it just don't like messing with aluminum and high heat.

I was unaware the valve body is aluminum. Are you certain about that?

-
Back