73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
gonna build a special snorkus.....probably got some surplus KC-130 parts layin' around somewhere.....

Nah he's gonna refuel on the fly like the big boys. Just not sure how they are gonna get the tanker that low to the ground with out landing. Lol

Shoot....I saw it done on a TV commercial.......don't suppose that was fake...do ya'??

Hey Ross..... am I sworn to secrecy on this one? For the love of God!

Mark,
No secrecy on this one, I just haven't decided 100% that it's what I want to do but here's the Idea I was kicking around ...Mount the fuel door in the roof sail panel (see pic 1) using this fuel door (see pic 2) and route it to the trunk to make it a functional fill (see pic 3 & 4). Again this is just a idea for now but I was going to install a flush fuel door anyway so why no be really creative just got a full bottle for gas for the welder so I'm ready to weld something

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,523
  • fuel door.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,516
  • fuel2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,518
  • fuel3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,501
Mark,
No secrecy on this one, I just haven't decided 100% that it's what I want to do but here's the Idea I was kicking around ...Mount the fuel door in the roof sail panel (see pic 1) using this fuel door (see pic 2) and route it to the trunk to make it a functional fill (see pic 3 & 4). Again this is just a idea for now but I was going to install a flush fuel door anyway so why no be really creative just got a full bottle for gas for the welder so I'm ready to weld something

That's what I'm talking about........ I lilke it. :happy1:

I love a good RingBrothers build. That would be awesome on your build. I'm doing the LeMans filler, slightly recessed and likely in the middle of the decklid filler panel. I'm 6'6" so I'll be able to reach it from both sides of the car, plus it will be SUPER low and shouldn't be a problem for those on the shorter side to reach. Those on the thicker side could have some issues however. Can't wait to see what you do with this. What is the fuel door (pic 2) off from?

so much for my hi-tech/remove the handle modification.....

I love a good RingBrothers build. That would be awesome on your build. I'm doing the LeMans filler, slightly recessed and likely in the middle of the decklid filler panel. I'm 6'6" so I'll be able to reach it from both sides of the car, plus it will be SUPER low and shouldn't be a problem for those on the shorter side to reach. Those on the thicker side could have some issues however. Can't wait to see what you do with this. What is the fuel door (pic 2) off from?

here's the link to Hagans website as you'll see they have several options available.....

http://www.haganauto.com/fuel_doors_gas_lid_s/5.htm

heres another site that has some really cool filler doors, more of the lemans style you mentioned

http://www.batinc.net/mocal-central.htm

76OW said:
If I had a name for the car like Dennys "Dust ya" license plate for example or Andrew's "Blue Missle" I would cut that in instead but since l seem to be at a loss for creativity, I guess I'll stick with "Duster".

Are you crazy? Have you ever sat back and read your own thread front to back? If there's one thing you're not at a loss for, it's creativity. :p

Fantastic build, brother. This is inspiring (and maybe a little depressing) stuff. Some day I'll have a roof over my car and learn to weld.

Keep it up. Sorry I didn't get to come to nats this year. Would have loved to have met up and shook hands with some of my A-body bros.

Hemimark aka SkidMark...I know no harm was intended...like I'd give a hoot anywho.....I'm just like doin' a little ballbusting....ya know....just like you!

Okay way back in April I made some suspension pieces and painted them grey since I was going to the local plater this week, I decided to strip off the paint and have them done in clear zinc...I like them much better. Also stopped by the local junk yard and pick out my doors for the door handle upgrade I have planned ...so here's a sneak preview of whats to come..still debating the fuel door idea..I don't know to go subtle and smooth or with the actual aluminum quick fill (unlike all the guy's who are putting the fake covers on thier flip doors)

Attachments

• duster 007.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,449
  • duster 008.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • duster 005.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,473
  • duster 009.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,436
Okay way back in April I made some suspension pieces and painted them grey since I was going to the local plater this week, I decided to strip off the paint and have them done in clear zinc...I like them much better. Also stopped by the local junk yard and pick out my doors for the door handle upgrade I have planned ...so here's a sneak preview of whats to come..still debating the fuel door idea..I don't know to go subtle and smooth or with the actual aluminum quick fill (unlike all the guy who are putting the fake covers on thier flip doors)

Who said the Navy is the weakest link of the armed forces..... LOL That is an outstanding idea for the doors... Ford??

Who said the Navy is the weakest link of the armed forces..... LOL That is an outstanding idea for the doors... Ford??

What's with the Navy comment? It's Air Force remember..no they are not ford door handle's.....worse, there Chebie....

what does Dave and the boys think of these LTD handles?...strike that...make that Cheby handles

What's with the Navy comment? It's Air Force remember..no they are not ford door handle's.....worse, there Chebie....

Ross, no offense, I mix a lot of things up.... I love the idea.. God forbid I would remember the Jet paint scream. I have had a lot of RUM tonight.. in honor of you and Dave!

plus ...we were dropped a lot as babies...forgive us

-
Back