73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
OW
thanks for the pics of the wiper motor, as soon as I get to the firewall Ill be doing the same.
I like the design of your upper shock support, it aught to work.
You know, my trunk lid had dents in exactly the same place so i cut it up to get to the other side to bang out the dent.
Your project is coming along great.
Andrew

OW
thanks for the pics of the wiper motor, as soon as I get to the firewall Ill be doing the same.
I like the design of your upper shock support, it aught to work.
You know, my trunk lid had dents in exactly the same place so i cut it up to get to the other side to bang out the dent.
Your project is coming along great.
Andrew

I think it's a conspiricy on the trunk lid dents...Since I"m planning on making a custom steel spoiler kind of like the old Direct Connection style but welded and molded on, I'm gonna leave it dented. Thanks for the compliments

It was a pleasure stopping by this week and seeing you and your wife again. The work you are doing is awesome and you have given me some ideas for my 71. I look forward to stopping by again now that I know where you are and see the car continue to come together. Hopefully some of my ideas were helpful. I look forward to seeing the suspension setup once you figure out the locations and angles for the 4 link.

Continue the great work!!!!

Darrell,
Thanks for stopping by, I like the firewall idea's you gave me just have to work out some of the issues and make the long trip to Summit for the Master Cylinder...If any other members want to stop by and give or get some Idea's let me know.....At the rate the new Ideas that keep coming my way I might have to hold off on paint for another season.

Well to be honest, once I'm back on my feet, I'm planning to hit summit for a bunch of stuff. Since Ohio is the closest one, I'll prolly want to stop by.

Riddler

im not trying to hi-jack this topic,,,but i also have a 40 dodge coupe street rod,,contact me with some pics ill return a few,,,,[email protected]

No problem. Just starting the biuld. I was going to start a thread on here but thought it wasnt an a body so.... All ready installed a mustang II and 400 bigblock and 727. Sorry too. Not trying to highjack. Great Biuld!

Not alot to report this week, the suspension expert is coming over tomorrow afternoon, but since I have to work all weekend and the Nats the following weekend progress will be slow. I did design a lower 4 link bracket and cut a prototype out of .250" Aluminum, I think the design will qualify as one of one once completed. If I had a name for the car like Dennys "Dust ya" license plate for example or Andrew's "Blue Missle" I would cut that in instead but since l seem to be at a loss for creativity, I guess I'll stick with "Duster".

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,767
  • duster 003.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,783
  • duster 004.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,796
Nice job on those brackets. Are you interested in doing side jobs on that water jet, I could send you the CAD files?

Depending on the job and quantity its possible, We've got some Military type stuff coming up so time will be tight....If its a piece or two "YES".

Not alot to report this week, the suspension expert is coming over tomorrow afternoon, but since I have to work all weekend and the Nats the following weekend progress will be slow. I did design a lower 4 link bracket and cut a prototype out of .250" Aluminum, I think the design will qualify as one of one once completed. If I had a name for the car like Dennys "Dust ya" license plate for example or Andrew's "Blue Missle" I would cut that in instead but since l seem to be at a loss for creativity, I guess I'll stick with "Duster".

Outstanding.............

Depending on the job and quantity its possible, We've got some Military type stuff coming up so time will be tight....If its a piece or two "YES".

That's good news, I don't have anything right now, but I will keep it in mind.

This might be one of the coolest automotive threads of all time. However, on a negative note, it's also alerted me to what an unskilled buffoon I am.

Thanks guys for the coments.... I really wish I could think of a theme name for the car to use on the brackets instead of "Duster", I wonder if "moneypit" would fit in the space?

Thanks guys for the coments.... I really wish I could think of a theme name for the car to use on the brackets instead of "Duster", I wonder if "moneypit" would fit in the space?

How about "Dusturbia"...just throwing it out there :yawinkle:

well you can be fancy and call it "poll airgead"

Which is Irish for money pit, I personally like the French version

"pit de l'argent" Just a thought

How about..... Lateral "D"

I'll keep trying!

Well the Suspension guru came over with his bag of tricks (laptop), Basically its the same program that dusterbd13 sent me in post # 364, except this guy understood and whizzed throught a heck of a lot quicker that I could. So loaded with information I decided that the word "Duster" would have to do for the suspension brackets since I needed to get moving, also since I had to change the lower link mounting hole location I decided to change the font to something a little cleaner and also reverse the one side so it would read left to right on both sides.. sorry no pics since I'm at the base all weekend......

Also considering BMW Laguna Seca blue ( paint code #448 ) since I like the Original B-3 blue, but want something original and diffrent...this is close but with a little more WOW factor

Attachments

• laguna seka 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,659
what did you learn from the ""suspension dude" and his 'puter?.....rather...what are you changing and why?

what did you learn from the ""suspension dude" and his 'puter?.....rather...what are you changing and why?

Basically the intersection point's in relation to center of gravity and what the car will do (squat, lift or remain neutral) and going off the lower link angle set the upper angles, so I made the lower's yesterday and moved the holes down .500 inch... after there set up and installed I'll make the uppers with the proper angles.

Okay Picture time from my last post ...Here's the "NEW" lower brackets like I said before... new font and about .500 inch longer from axle flange to cross bolt hole's, also the word "Duster" read's correctly from both side's...Also cut/notched and Tig welded the 2" bushing for the axle side end. In case anybody's taking notes I used the upper rear hole for the front mount of the RMS relocation box (Yes,I actually bought something and didn't make it) and upper hole for the rear hole which is 4.5" down from the bottom of the axle, the overall length (center hole to center hole) is 18.250".

Attachments

• duster 007.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,576
  • duster 008.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,568
  • duster 009.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,580
  • duster 012.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,599
  • duster 003.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,585
  • duster 006.jpg