73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Well despite the 90+ degrees and humidity I decided to spread a little filler (I hate the word Bondo) on my latest modification.....after that I decided to cut out the last remaining cancer to the project, It didnt help matters since I added a little destruction on my own when I added the new frame support brackets....damn air chisel.

Attachments

• duster 007.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,310
  • duster 016.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,316
  • duster 015.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,283
  • duster 014.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,302
  • duster 018.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,243
  • duster 012.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,241
  • duster 011.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,240
why can't you guys just leave em' stock?

Stock??? Is that a foreign language or something....Besides, How many "stock" Dusters came with HEMI in them...Actually I went down that road before and I get bored and want to change just about everything right after it's built, Just wait, I have many more mod's in store...spoilers, modern door handles, marker lights, fuel door, custom fuel cell, ect..........

just bustin your balls on the "stocker".......as you know... I got the same problem...

I also stopped by Summit racing and picked up my new heater/defrost unit to replace the big bulky factory unit as you can see in the photo next to the 7-up can it's really compact and should work out great, I also bought a NOS fender last week and after a quick trip to the media blaster to remove the 30+ year old factory primer I've got a good pair of fenders finally.......The cool thing is that there is no cut out for the radio antenna which I was gonna fill anyway...not 100% sure if I like the indentation that remains, I might just smooth it all out.

Any part number on that heater set up? Would work great in my pro street 1940 dodge 2 door sedan.

Any part number on that heater set up? Would work great in my pro street 1940 dodge 2 door sedan.

Dragdak,
Heres a link to the one I picked up ,if you search Summit heater on there web site you'll see they have a couple diffrent styles to choose from....in case you need something a little diffrent, I didn't need heat, just defrost.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991102-1/

Hey Orange,

You would not mind coming out here to Texas to do my firewall body filler would you?

I mean my car can't turn sideways but I could put a ladder sideways for you to lay on to do the work.

Nice work, I really have had bad luck in the past doing Body Filler, it ends up looking like Bondo when I am done.

Hey Orange,

You would not mind coming out here to Texas to do my firewall body filler would you?

I mean my car can't turn sideways but I could put a ladder sideways for you to lay on to do the work.

Nice work, I really have had bad luck in the past doing Body Filler, it ends up looking like Bondo when I am done.

Trust me having the car sideways for the rear suspension was not really a plus when it came to the firewall but I didn't feel like rotating the car... as far as coming down...If theres a Air Force base real close by.... I could probally swing it, seriously though.... it really wasn't that bad to do.

I am going to try it, I mean the worse that can happen is I have to sand it all off right?

Thanks for offering to come down and work on my car, I just need to go out there and try it again.

I am currently at a point where I need to paint it to continue on, at least the engine compartment.

Ross...I was doing a little shop cleaning while my car was at the graphic place and I found the rear shocks box....

Varishock.....
VAS 21-1275 Varispring 12" long X 175lb/rate Silver Powdercoated

you were right again!!

Denny

break..break...got a copy on that rear shock info..good buddy?...break

Yea got it, but I already went to Summit racing and bought some QA1 single adjustable shocks with a recommended ride height of 11.5"-12.5" and a 10" spring....once I made that new shock support bracket and forund that It moved the shock 1.5" higher, so now I could put a 12" spring on a shock with 13" ride height. Might be returning what I settled with for what I really wanted...thats the nice thing about living so close to Summit Racing. Thanks for looking out for me.

Trust me having the car sideways for the rear suspension was not really a plus when it came to the firewall but I didn't feel like rotating the car... as far as coming down...If theres a Air Force base real close by.... I could probally swing it, seriously though.... it really wasn't that bad to do.

76orangewagon, first of all I would like to say thank you for your service. I'm active Navy and I know it's good to hear that people care. Second, you are doing a fantastic job on your car. I wouldn't change a thing, love how it's coming together and can't wait to see it finished. Third, there's an Air Force Base not too far from me, interested in coming down to Amarillo? Actually, I'd like to know what you'd charge for a pair of strut rods and tie rods exactly like the ones you built, for my '66 Satellite, you can even put the RDG Engineering on them. :) Let me know, I'm very interested!! Jim

To those who serve and have served our great country.......your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.... for those still in harms way ...I will continue to pray for your safty everyday

76orangewagon, first of all I would like to say thank you for your service. I'm active Navy and I know it's good to hear that people care. Second, you are doing a fantastic job on your car. I wouldn't change a thing, love how it's coming together and can't wait to see it finished. Third, there's an Air Force Base not too far from me, interested in coming down to Amarillo? Actually, I'd like to know what you'd charge for a pair of strut rods and tie rods exactly like the ones you built, for my '66 Satellite, you can even put the RDG Engineering on them. :) Let me know, I'm very interested!! Jim

Thanks Jim,
Unfortunatley since I recently transfered from Pittsburgh to Youngstown I don't have the same situation and time to make another pair of suspension parts right now maybe in a couple months the mission/activations will change and I'll free up some time, being a Navy Guy I'm sure you can relate. I don't know about coming to Amarillo for some "training", Funding is tight... again I'm sure you can relate, and 2012 deployments/TDY's will be in support of a upcoming inspection. Thanks for the kind words about serving and the progress of the Duster, your right it's good to hear people care and same to you for serving, I just had a buddy retire from the Navy with 25 years service from Special Boat Team 12 in California. He's always got better stories to tell with his job over mine.

To those who serve and have served our great country.......your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.... for those still in harms way ...I will continue to pray for your safty everyday

Thanks Denny,
I didn't know you were so Patriotic, That's nice to hear and know..Don't like to associate with no stinkin Communist's....see you guys and that SWEET car in 2 weeks

I sure can relate to mission related/essential time frames/periods. I can also relate to funding for TDY's/TAD/ and other funded activities. You're very welcome for the kind words. I will be retiring December of 2013, which will put me at 21yrs, 3mos when I hang up my hat. Us sailors do have some good stories, some not so good. But with the suspension parts, that's very understandable if time is not abundant, as spending almost 19 years active duty to this point I know first hand the importance of it. If things change and you can build me a set that would be great, but if not, then no worries. Jim

Thanks Denny, it's been a pleasure serving and have no regrets. I'm on my last tour before retiring and luckily finished putting myself in harms way. I now have the pleasure of processing and shipping recruits off to bootcamp (Orangewagon knows what I mean). Thanks again! Jim

Thanks Denny, it's been a pleasure serving and have no regrets. I'm on my last tour before retiring and luckily finished putting myself in harms way. I now have the pleasure of processing and shipping recruits off to bootcamp (Orangewagon knows what I mean). Thanks again! Jim

:thumblef:

It was a pleasure stopping by this week and seeing you and your wife again. The work you are doing is awesome and you have given me some ideas for my 71. I look forward to stopping by again now that I know where you are and see the car continue to come together. Hopefully some of my ideas were helpful. I look forward to seeing the suspension setup once you figure out the locations and angles for the 4 link.

Continue the great work!!!!

Well got the Wiper motor installed over the weekend, I was gonna cut them on the Water Jet but it was such a simple design I thought It would be a waste of extra effort, Sorry Riddler...But I'll provide all the sizes and measurements If you want. Again I overkilled the bracket and made it out of 1/8" steel. Everything lines up to function's properly and easily but I thing I might alter the factory design and add 1/4" rod ends w/ studs (see pic) and make some threaded links that will be adjustable to fine tune the wiper arms while in the parked.
Also, got one of the floor patches welded in but then the Darn trunk some how got a big hole in it, I guess I'll just have to put a Custom Aluminum fuel cell in there.....Funny how that worked out....damn, I just put that new trunk floor in a couple months ago seems like a waste of time now Guess I should have thought that out a little better...If anybody needs a New spare tire area for there car with gas tank bracket...I could take it to the Nats if you want to pick it up for a low price. My 8 3/4 carrier arrived from one of fellow Members here (thanks Kevin) and got it blasted and fit to check the clearance to the floor and suspension parts looks like there's about 3", that should be enough since there 2 3/4" axle to frame so that will bottom out first. I should have got a little more work done but it was such a nice day the last photo looked more enjoyable. I hate being a slacker.

Attachments

• duster 018.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,753
  • duster 016.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,822
  • duster 015.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,752
  • duster 012.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,753
  • rod.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,736
  • duster 010.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,754
  • duster 006.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 2,320
  • duster 005.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,823
  • duster 003.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,315
  • duster 022.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,815
Wow that motor not only looks really easy to install but make the car look cleaner.
Now I am going to have to consider doing some extra work to my car. I did not think it would be that easy. But, I know you make it look so easy, right?

What is the part number for the wiper motor?

And to think I just started tackling the body filler for the firewall.

Wow that motor not only looks really easy to install but make the car look cleaner.
Now I am going to have to consider doing some extra work to my car. I did not think it would be that easy. But, I know you make it look so easy, right?

What is the part number for the wiper motor?

And to think I just started tackling the body filler for the firewall.
Tim,
It's really that simple, no smoke and mirrors...I just made a poster board template for the holes and bends, theres probally 6 ways to do this and they all would have worked... I dont have the part number for the wiper handy ...But, I told the guy at the part store 95' Dodge Ram 1/2 ton, if you need the Part number I can get it in a day or two.

Never mind about the part number.

Your car is looking really good and that pool looks even better.

-
Back