73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Your right it would look pretty cool, but way too much work,but i do recall someone asking for input on the cowl. I'm just kidding. haha eh. On a different note your rotisserie did you build that or is it bought, and if it was if you don't mind me asking where and how much thanks.

trust me I'm researching the possibilities in making the cowl open with the flip of a switch...More to follow on that. I just took my car off the rotisserie so I can modify the rear panel and bumper for the exhaust...my Rotisserie is a direct lift from Derek Weaver Company, they currently are selling it for $949.00 including all the adapters.

CreateImage.aspx

:laughing::thumbrig:Started reading your response and had a good laugh, you know i thought i could see the wheels turning all the way from Ohio.That rotisserie is a good price. Thanks again.

Just got back from IMIS in indy, the show wasn't really geared toward musclecar guys, but I got to meet some "well known" people in the car world...anyway before I left a couple more parts showed up. To start mocking the rear exhaus and bumper mods, the car needed to come off the Rotisserie as previously stated, you now get to see some of the "Skunkworks" things that will hopefully end up on the car. As you can see my wheel well lip modification should give me plenty of clearance with the tire mocked up. The exhaust tip measures in at a whopping 26.5 inches long and will fill out the modified bumper.......my only concern is that it might be a little too modern of a look for the ol' car, I guess we'll see. I got a smoking deal on a chrome tilt steering column, the only issue here is that is a column shift but came complete with all the levers, I guess I wont have to design a custom console.

Attachments

• duster 004.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,360
  • duster 005.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,368
  • duster 008.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,366
  • duster 009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,420
  • duster 010.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,382
  • duster 011.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,365
  • duster 014.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,389
  • duster 016.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,401
  • duster 018.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,408
  • duster 019.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,384
I really like that exhaust. I had a plan of running a side by side tail pipe also. Can't wait to see that finished. Beautiful car.
Do you have any ideas of modifying the tail lights to match the exhaust?

The rear stance is perfect, keep it right there. I love the spoiler, is it made for a Duster? Try flipping the exhaust tip over, might flow better with the body.....

I really like that exhaust. I had a plan of running a side by side tail pipe also. Can't wait to see that finished. Beautiful car.
Do you have any ideas of modifying the tail lights to match the exhaust?
Since I just bought new shiny bezels that will have to do for now but I will be upgrading the lighting to LED's for now

The rear stance is perfect, keep it right there. I love the spoiler, is it made for a Duster? Try flipping the exhaust tip over, might flow better with the body.....

The spoiler is from my dad's 2008 Dodge Ram tailgate I am using the plastic to get a template and design that's easy to work with but will be making one from steel later on

Ross...lookin sporty...good call on wheel/tire combo and placement.
gonna look good when the fronts are stuffed up in the front fenderwell to match the rears

Not really sure how flipping the tip over would look if I was going to hang the tip below the bumper then I can see what your talking about , But I plan on blending the Tip into the bumper by eliminating the license plate notch and contouring the top edge of the bumper to follow the radius of the tip and the bottom edge of the tip flush with the bottom edge of the bumper..like the pic. Then rechroming the bumper so everything is shiny after sectioning it and studding all the mounting holes so they disappear.

"If I were a rich man la-de-da-de-da-de-da" !! you do wonderful work, and I am sure have a wonderful mind. Only the best to you in all you do. Thanks for the post, I would love to do this with my 70 Dart or 67 Cuda conv. Zippie#7

That stance is awesome as is, that wheel/tire combo is killer! For blending the exhaust into the bumper I would agree the way you show it is best, but if it was hung under then flipping it would be better. Keep up the great work!!

Ross,

Where is the plate going to go if the exhaust takes its place?

Also I think the car is looking great as usual, but I liked the picture of the person holding the tire under the car before, what was he busy, and had to use the Jack? LOL

I like the exhaust like that. Once he gets the bumper cut around it and blend the bumper and insets the exhaust, it is going to look awesome.

it will be cool.....kinda like a newer 'vette

I don't know?......with those Ford ovals and the Chebby exhaust....are you sure you want a Mopar?......is Dave O.K. with this?
just checkin....
and a little holiday ballbustin

Merry Christmas, my friend
Denny

Ross,

Where is the plate going to go if the exhaust takes its place?

Also I think the car is looking great as usual, but I liked the picture of the person holding the tire under the car before, what was he busy, and had to use the Jack? LOL

Well thats some more "Skunkworks" crap thats underwraps but there are about 3 options...2 are controlled by electric motors and 1 is magnetic. As far as the help with the tire goes.....2 advantages to the using the jack (1) doesn't say "Hurry up this things heavy" and (2) Expect beer as payment.

looking very cool but yeah the question is where will you place the license plate?
Ditto to the above answer

it will be cool.....kinda like a newer 'vette

I don't know?......with those Ford ovals and the Chebby exhaust....are you sure you want a Mopar?......is Dave O.K. with this?
just checkin....
and a little holiday ballbustin

Merry Christmas, my friend
Denny

Dave is giving his thumbs up approval and loves the exhaust...Merry Xmas to you too...

Are you and Dave stocking up on the Christmas Rum? Save me a glass or 2! I like what you got going on. Very nice..

Are you and Dave stocking up on the Christmas Rum? Save me a glass or 2! I like what you got going on. Very nice..
We're well stocked...just bought some more last week.....Military Special West Indies Rum $12.75 for the 1.75 ltr botttle (got 4)... same stuff you were sipping on at the Nat's...Stop by and have one or two sometime on your way to check on the Dart. Oops bad subject.

We're well stocked...just bought some more last week.....Military Special West Indies Rum $12.75 for the 1.75 ltr botttle (got 4)... same stuff you were sipping on at the Nat's...Stop by and have one or two sometime on your way to check on the Dart. Oops bad subject.

I may just do that!

"If I were a rich man la-de-da-de-da-de-da" !! you do wonderful work, and I am sure have a wonderful mind. Only the best to you in all you do. Thanks for the post, I would love to do this with my 70 Dart or 67 Cuda conv. Zippie#7

Rich ? Surely you can't be refering to me and my financial situation. If I were Rich I would be buying all my parts like a $3900.00 rear suspension
that I based mine from yet only spending less than $1000.00. And dont forget the nice new shiny steering column that cost over $600.00 from Ididit and a rebuilt factory would cost over $300.00 totally rebuilt with all the crappy factory bearings...I got less than $225.00 there. And let's not forget the couple Hotchkis suspension pieces ($600.00) that I roughly based mine off of and had a total of $125.00 invested...So even there are several nice new shiny and cool parts, what I save here and there building my own stuff means I am into this build for a less than average price tag. I really appreciate the positive comments but the Rich part was so far off base I just had to set the record straight. Remember I am a military/civilian employee and everybody knows you dont get rich defending freedom.....

Ross....xsnay on the moneysnay......sometimes our wives read this stuff over our shoulder (mine thinks our rider mower cost $30k)

Ross....xsnay on the moneysnay......sometimes our wives read this stuff over our shoulder
I actually show her the saving when I make or recreate a part(s). Notice that I didn't put any NEW purchased parts prices here for that exact reason. Momma didn't raise no fool. When you coming by for a Rum? Dad would probally enjoy the drunken chit chat.

Hi

Unbelievable work.

Thats going to be a killer duster.

Thanks for the thread and the gr8 ideas.

Good dude

Rick

-
Back