73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
well It's been a couple weeks since I've posted anything here so I thought I'd drop a couple pics to show everyone I haven't been sitting around doing nothing, I finished off the trunk area with all the needed metal work, got the rearend housing and triangulated 4-link bars powder coated and the Wilwood brakes finally showed up. Did some waterjet work for the custom cowl but I'm waiting for the perforated steel to show up before I weld everything together ....pics to follow later on that. Hope you enjoy the updated pics.

Very nice Ross! I expected no less from you...... Now lets have a Rum and ........ :coffee2:

I know late answer must have spaced out on that question sorry.
Yes the porthole is a window, but it is too small to be a knee knocker door (bulkhead door), those are the doors that latch.

And the car looks great I like the look of the tank I was going to go with a flat look but I was greedy and wanted more gas.

how about scuttle, or hatch?

t-granger..
Thanks for clearing that up...i was just wondering

You can tell I was never in the Navy...cause (I don't think) there are no Hemi submarines....

denny that sounds like another magazine build to me. i'll get the submarine, you bring the hemi

I know late answer must have spaced out on that question sorry.
Yes the porthole is a window, but it is too small to be a knee knocker door (bulkhead door), those are the doors that latch.

And the car looks great I like the look of the tank I was going to go with a flat look but I was greedy and wanted more gas.

17.5 Gallons

GAS TANK IS KILLER,,, any idea on the capacity?

17.5 Gallons
The formula for the capacity is width (26") x lenght(26") x depth(6") divided by 231, equals U.S. Gallons

I thought your shoe size is in that formula somewhere?......Oh wait....thats the horsepower equation!

Car looks amazing. It is one of those cars that 90 percent of people would have said is too rusty and crushed it. I am glad another car like this has been saved. Great work though, it looks amazing.

Jeff

17.5 Gallons

17.5 Gallons
The formula for the capacity is width (26") x lenght(26") x depth(6") divided by 231, equals U.S. Gallons

thanks ,,the tank didnt look that large in the pics,,no way it would fit my 66 trunk,,,your tank takes place of the trunk floor much like an early mustang,,and those tanks are 2 inches to long front to back to fit my trunk,,,

thanks ,,the tank didnt look that large in the pics,,no way it would fit my 66 trunk,,,your tank takes place of the trunk floor much like an early mustang,,and those tanks are 2 inches to long front to back to fit my trunk,,,

The guy that made the cell will make any size or shape up to a 20 gallon cell for $385.00 shipped, so you could design what ever you want.

The guy that made the cell will make any size or shape up to a 20 gallon cell for $385.00 shipped, so you could design what ever you want.

Who made the cell for you? are your shocks going to be in front or behind the housing? I'm just wndering if that exact cell would fit, work in the Demon?

Who built your tank? I'm looking for an EFI tank that's pretty much the same as yours.

Thanks,

Riddler

Here you go Riddler...his name is J.D. Brand, he's located in Nevada and here's the link below to his Webpage, I know he can help, cause he built me a 4" fuel trap inside just in case I decide to go EFI, and didn't want the typical sump, theres actually a 3/8" pick-up tube that sits about 1/4" from the bottom to keep a constant supply when I hit the GO pedal.:thumblef:

http://jdbrand.com/

Hmm I don't think I'll feel comfortable using an aluminum tank on a street car. I've had issues with aluminum fuel cells in the past. I also see that the price goes up another $400 for baffles and an EFI fuel pump and that puts the aluminum tank just a little under the stainless steel tanks I'm looking at.

Riddler

Well here's another modification to the Duster, since I was going with the whole Oval thing from door handles to marker lights to the gas door and never liked the cowl area I thought this would be a cool change, actually it was pretty easy to do ......hope everyone like's the change.

Attachments

• duster 013.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,464
  • duster 014.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,479
  • duster 015.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,438
  • duster 016.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,399
  • duster 018.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,417
  • duster 017.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,419
  • duster 011.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,464
just for comparison heres a pic of the size of the factory cowl air intake area...the new one is 14" x 5"

Attachments

• duster 011.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,415
  • duster 017.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,419
Now I like that, it looks good.

As you know I did mine different as well, so good job at making it your own.

looks great,better then the orignal style and better then closing it up completely,,,and still functional

Don't you have anything to do?

Oh yea, theres a list of things still to come. Bumpers, trunk lid, hood and dash plus I just came across a set of Dimple dies for some fancy interior or underhood idea's...The body to to the painter soon so I'm just trying to button up some small stuff. Beside's only being a little ol' small block car(416 c.i.d) I'll need something diffrent sitting next to all your big blocks and hemi's.

I'm really liking this build,,,, Ross,,... looking good! :thumblef:

Thanks Mark,
I 've got a couple minor welding modifications left to do then sometime before Thanksgiving It will be going to the body and paint guy for around 6 months, after all the panels are fit tested, I'll begin the hood and trunk mod's. glad you like the build so far....any Demon new's ? I wont ask about the Dart.

-
Back