73 Dart Sport 16 y/o resto

-

Mopar318Guy

bear jew
Reaction score
well heres my 73 Dart Sport ive had since June 25th last year. its coming up on almost one whole year of restoration. its been a pain and its been fantastic. people ask me why i bought such a piece of ****. all the time people tell me you shoulda bought this or that. well why didnt you buy something that was done. well. you know the feeling where you put so much effort into any given thing? building something or fixing something. you know the feeling of accomplishment? i do. the only thing better then looking back at what it looked like and see what it looks like now and sayin damn. i built that, is the closing in, ever so slowly when the day will come when i pull this monster out on the street. people will know why i tirelessly worked on it in side and out on 100+ degree days. dusk till dawn when i coulda enjoyed the ac. and knowing that those same people who talked down on it will want to go for a ride in it is joy enough. they will not know what its like to accomplish such a thing. for me its heaven.. this is when i bought Darla. 400 bucks and she was all mine.

rusty.jpg
rust.jpg

leftside.jpg
frontangle.jpg

here she is gettin prettied up gettin worked on. come a long way.
11-17.jpg

8-23.jpg
7-31----.jpg

p://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa94/shushyoteef/random/05-22-08_20271.jpg[/IMG]
05-22-08_20251.jpg
i put 2000 bucks into everything on this car. not counting the 400 i paid for it and small things. like duct tape and band aids. lol. im thinkin 2500 into since june. i need another 800 or so with frame and brakes. plus 600 for engine rebuild and a hefty cam. so maybe 4000 bucks to get everything done the way it want. im hoping to have her done buy Mopars at Carlisle. i have til July 10th. test and tune 1 day then go up. hopefully i get her done so i can work on my Charger SE. the Dart will still be my fav. ever tho its only a 318 and Charger is a 440. passion

lookin good. did you replace the 1/4 panel? how hard was it? and when you bought the 1/4,did it cover part of the rocker like the original? i gotta replace the bottm left 1/4 on my dart

Looks like ya have a lot of work ahaed of you. Im glad to see it doesnt bother you enough to detour you from having fun with a car like this. Good Job, and keep it up! I would Love to go to Carlisle but dont think Ill have mine rollin in time. Have fun and good luck!

lookin good. did you replace the 1/4 panel? how hard was it? and when you bought the 1/4,did it cover part of the rocker like the original? i gotta replace the bottm left 1/4 on my dart
yea. i bought both sides from autobodyspecialt.com.. 179 a piece. took a week to get here and they cover the bottom but u have to have a rocker to weld it to

man don't get yourself down. you have come along way on it. best thing when you are done you will have saved another car from the fate of the crusher. people ask why you bought it? just tell them because it is what you wanted! when it is all done, those same people will be the first in line to tell you that they want first dibs on it when you decide to sell it! if you don't make carlisle this year you will be more than ready for next year....

dont listen to the nay sayers who ask why you bought it...I got a ford guy and a camero guy in my office that give me crap daily...just wait till you get it all fixed up for a fraction of what they had to pay!

dont listen to the nay sayers who ask why you bought it...I got a ford guy and a camero guy in my office that give me crap daily...just wait till you get it all fixed up for a fraction of what they had to pay!
im truely sorry but bull SH##. Mopar parts are expensive as hell. chevy stuff is cheap. and so is ford. but they break all the time. but yea when i get it done theyll wanna ride in it. some ahole that goes to my school has a 67 beetle thinks its badass. 53 hp. and he thinks he'll beat my 318. no way. he rolled ihis bug doin 25 mph. apparently thats still too much power for him. but when i get my 318 built ill be pushin close to 350 horses so i wont be worried bout any ricers or bowtie cowpie losers wantin to race

meaning people are asking a crapload more for a POS camero or mustang than they are for a-bodies...

a body or not, mopar parts are still expensive. any chebby or ferd part is A LOT cheap. a dude on cardomain has a 80s camaro iroc,and he got a NEW pair of front fenders for about $50-60 EACH,when was the last time you saw new mopar fenders that cheap??

a body or not, mopar parts are still expensive. any chebby or ferd part is A LOT cheap. a dude on cardomain has a 80s camaro iroc,and he got a NEW pair of front fenders for about $50-60 EACH,when was the last time you saw new mopar fenders that cheap??
they were selling deck lids at carlisle for 71 to 74 Chargers for 150 to 500 bucks. we found one for a 73 and paid 35 for it. latch and all. perfect condition

-
Back