73 Dart Swinger front windshield

-

poolboy

Reaction score
Looking to replace my front windshield and was wondering where is the best place to buy? Best cost vs quality. I'm on the east cost in Jerz. What type of gasket, if any does this use, or just butyl?
Thanks

Get the glass from your local auto glass company. The rubber gasket can be purchased new reproduction if they aren't sold out again. Reusing the original gasket is another option if you're willing to spend hours reconditioning it.

Go local as RedFish said. I looked for my 65 at some of the national vendors and they were 3 or 4 times the cost of a local company.

If you're buying a new windshield, I'd buy local and have them install it. That way if it gets broken during the install for some reason, the replacement glass is on them. If your seal is in good shape, I'd try to get them to reuse it. They may insist on a new one however so ask them first.

Thanks for the responses. Got a quote from a local glass installer and they wanted $425.
Does that sound right?

Is this for glass, gasket, and labor? If so, it seems a bit high but not outrageous.

I told them I was installing it myself so that was just for the glass. After I got that quote I cringed a bit.

That sounds way high to me but I haven't looked for one of those windshields lately. Last time I checked it was less than half that amount.

That a-body 2 door hardtop/vert windshield should be around 200.00 if it's todays imported repop. If it's old stock American made glass it might be higher priced.
Call several glass companies. Ask questions. Good luck

Got another quote for glass only from Safelite and they are at $283.00 so that's better!

I had a new windshield installed by Safelite with a new rubber i had already. They have the rubbers too. Less than $200 installed.

Can anyone show how to install a windshield or rear window, or a site that shows how to install??

Thanks

Hi, I see you are replacing your own windshield. Do you have any photos showing how to do this, or is there a site that shows how to do this.

Thank You!!

-
Back