73 Duster 340 4sp resto

-
Next was installing all the wiper parts, brake and clutch assy (removed the over center spring for a diaphram clutch), clutch safety switch, parking brake handle, foot pump windshield washer, speedo cable.
download33.png

Next came the rebuild of the mice infested heater box and heater core. It took a while to find a decent blower motor fan cage.
download34.png
download35.png
download36.png
download37.png

Instrument cluster needed lots of love, so I took it apart, cleaned it all up, painted the face, replaced all the directional, high beam, oil/brake and acc bulbs with led bulbs. Replaced the wiper and headlight switches. I figured that since most of the car was basically being reborn I might as well reset the odometer back to zero! I spun the speedo for a mile or so after I reset it just to make sure everything worked.
download38.png
download39.png

Sorry, never did figure out how to make the pics smaller! The next fun part was replacing the entire cars wiring harness. I was able to find an unmolested dash harness on Ebay as well as the engine harness and body harness (thank god some people are smart enough to hang on to this stuff).
download40.png
download41.png
download42.png
download43.png
download44.png

Man I am enjoying this thread and learning a lot I am redoing a dart sport 340 1973 and this is really helping me. Thanks for all the photos they really help a lot especially the wiring I bought new m&h from year one and it is a great product but I can't remember how to route it also mine is an A/C car later production I am on it now and the steering column. Thanks again.

Man I am enjoying this thread and learning a lot I am redoing a dart sport 340 1973 and this is really helping me. Thanks for all the photos they really help a lot especially the wiring I bought new m&h from year one and it is a great product but I can't remember how to route it also mine is an A/C car later production I am on it now and the steering column. Thanks again.
Great, glad the pics help! Would love to see a pic of your Dart.

Cool thread, just read through the whole thing. Awesome job bringing back a car most would have, at best, sold for parts.
Joe

Got the new door handles and some of the trim on. Put the old rims and tires on and pushed it outside to see how it looked. Sitting pretty high but its still just an empty shell.
download59.png
download60.png
download61.png
download62.png

what a transformation....I am a big fan. (silver is my color of choice too)

your welcome...there are many on FABO that impress the **** out of me....you are definitely one of them. Hope I get a chance to see your Duster in person some day.

I chased down a couple of bucket seats to replace the bench seat, put some new Legendary Interior covers on, recovered and re-carpeted the back fold down seat. Painted the steering column
download63.png
download64.png
download65.png
download66.png
download67.png
download68.png

Replaced the package tray. New interior panels, painted the plastic seat trim and sail panels and laid down some new black carpet. No more of that nasty gold or parchment or whatever that original color used to be!
download69.png

Finished putting the dash back together, found a good stock AM radio and reverse indicator light. Replaced the door panels and handles and finished up the steering column.
download70.png
download71.png
download72.png

-
Back