73 duster shell what's it worth ..

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Not for sale just exploring some ideas...
73 duster shell... Title of course, rust free, no paint, glass good windshield newish, V8 kframe, nice grill, all good lights and lenses, 7 1/4 just tossed under to make it a roller, crappy roller rims and tires, no bumpers, no fuel tank, no seats, no four speed hump no 4-speed pedals no steering column no steering box and no heater no windshield wipers ...
A great rust free start canvas for someone who's not into body work...
Again not a for sale thread whatsoever just thinking of ideas...
A good ballpark estimation would be great?...

Oh yeah also homemade frame connectors welded in and the eight fish plates for a roll bar from its former drag racing days and it was originally a slant six car but now has a 68 barracuda k frame...

I'll second John's assessment. 1500~2K seems about in line with what I'm seeing down here in SoCal depending on how clean I could see it pushing 25 to the right person. the title is a huge plus

Tx., Ok.... I have not seen a solid roller, yes most are half parted out, for $1500 (no title) in a while. But I doubt the overpriced junk brings their ask price anyway!!! But Mopar stuff is not as high here as many places.
As in R/E.... LOCATION!

Condition dependent!!!

$500 - $5000.

$500 for the heap of ……
$5K for the otherwise missing drivetrain but yet good paint and interior where all you really actually need is a drivetrain slam dunked in there, and have a good driver when your done.

LOL point me out to the titled 73 duster dent free rust free shells for $500 and I'll buy them all up.
I don’t buy or even apprise a car without seeing and inspecting it. Bet you don’t and didn’t either. Ive turned away from cars that had the stupid price on them and two of those cars I really wanted to own. So, it’s worth what ever you paid for it and maybe a whole lot less, can’t tell, can’t see it. What you are asking for is pricing a daydream. Show us pictures.

Here is something in my local region... it is not a shell. H-code, 8.75 rear end, rock solid and has paint, tires, comes with a 360/904, sub frame and cage, and it's a 1970 which makes a big difference for 6500
1970 Plymouth Duster

1667835767081.png

My humble opinion of Mopar projects like CL (dead), Marketplace is 99% are way overpriced. We all know that. Us hobbiest like J Par and us all usually have a good feel for what is real world. Still everyone likes to get full retail for everything.

Good projects get harder to find all the time. But. The number of people wanting a total project keeps getting smaller. Too much work and expense. The guy wanting a total project is usually not rich, and therefore what he will spend is limited. He is the guy chasing a dream.

Cheapest projects are always the one that "someone" took apart and stopped. Parts lost, missing, usually no title or trim tag.

I have owned a bunch of Dusters, my last one, a slant 3 on floor, was bought about 4 years ago here in Tx. for $1500 came with a good running 318 out. Solid except floors, came with perfect seats, no door cards or headliner. I did the brakes, got it running good, did all body work, and ready to paint except the NOT perfect dinged front fender. I drove it a year and sold it off Marketplace ad 3 year ago for $3500. Like the guys that drove 4 hour to get it, was the best project and price in Tx. I kept the good 318. But, ever since, I have not seen any Duster projects within 500 mi that was as good and as cheap! As we all say...wish I had it back now!!!!
Funny part was, 2 guys actually came to look. The other guy was a flipper I knew that offered $3000 because he though the lifters were noisy. Well yea, that are solids!:BangHead:

I appreciate your guess's men ..
If I could only get 5-800 I'd probably just part it out ..
Again it was just a thought...
And again thank you...

I appreciate your guess's men ..
If I could only get 5-800 I'd probably just part it out ..
Again it was just a thought...
And again thank you...
What? I thought out there you could buy rust free trucks, Dusters, and Ramchargers for 1500 that run and drive great !!! ???? At least every time I buy something you post about 4 advertisements of all the cheapies out there !!! You mean just a shell of a '73 brings a couple thousand ??? WITHOUT even a steering column or windshield wipers ????? Or blower motor ??? I guess times have changed !!! That's an expensive pair of frame connectors !!!!!!!
:poke: :poke:

What? I thought out there you could buy rust free trucks, Dusters, and Ramchargers for 1500 that run and drive great !!! ???? At least every time I buy something you post about 4 advertisements of all the cheapies out there !!! You mean just a shell of a '73 brings a couple thousand ??? WITHOUT even a steering column or windshield wipers ????? Or blower motor ??? I guess times have changed !!! That's an expensive pair of frame connectors !!!!!!!
:poke: :poke:
The trucks and vans are still reasonable...
But you have to look and look and look...
One or two pop up each year that are within reason but there's a dozen or two trucks out there right now that they want five or six grand for and they're complete rusted piles of crap and maybe don't even run...
There's a member from here in Oregon that has one on our cars for sale here on the forum for 5K but it's a complete painted fully loaded no engine or transmission duster...
If he gets it or not I don't know...
I know the forum and it's 99% opinions and I tell people when they come on the forum take all those opinions and ideas inform your own..
I tell people all the time it's worth more dead than alive. If all I could get was $500 I would just sell each fender each door the hood the trunk the brand new front glass the wing windows and any other small part like the rebuilt front suspension disc brakes grill headlights tail lights wiring harness and so forth all separately...
This is great information you guys are giving me cuz if it's only worth $500 complete I would rather part it out...
Again thank you...

-
Back