73 k frame

-

bigals71dart

Reaction score
i was told by my front end shop my k frame is bad the holes where the torsian bars go through are wallowed out and sloppy ok where in sw missouri do i find a good k fram and can i find one new thanks alan 73 dart

How soon do you need it? I will be down on the 12th -14th. In Branson that is. Im picking up a car there. There is suppose to be a V8 K member coming with the car. Im not 100% on the year. But the car is a 72 scamp

Yeah, the holes in the k-member won't wallow out, but the k-member can break in that area. The torsion bars also don't go through the k-member. I would find another front end shop...........

iam going to go talk to him this morning he worked on my 71 and did a great job on it but will see

ok talked to a freind of my dads who is s big mopar nut and he said that you can make a plate that goes on the back side of the k frame to brace it up to fix the problem permantly does that sound feasable at all?

It depends on what the problem is. If the problem is bad LCA bushings, then no that won't fix your problem.

On the V8 K I plan on using, one of the tubes the lower control arm pins bolt through has been bugger welded where it comes out the back of the K.

Unsure what the problem was that caused someone to bugger weld it, or if the tube was broken completely loose before it was welded and if the lower control arm alignment is still where it needs to be, I'm going to make up a go-no go template jig and test it on a couple of different K frames that appear factory. Then I'll use it to determine if the tube in the V8 K is still in alignment. If it's not, then I'll grind the welds away and use it as an alignment jig while I reweld the tube to the back of the K frame.

While you should always have a factory service manual for your particular model, to study and refer to, if you want to see what the various K frames and suspension all looks like, go to the Firm Feel website and spend some time looking over their excellent pictures, especially of the reinforced K frames they do.

replacing both lca and the one uca that has not been replaced .will a 71 v8 k frame work out of same model car? if push comes to shove only diff was sbp this one is bbp with disk

If you see booger welds on a k-member they are factory. Good welds are done elsewhere.

well took it apart the back side of k frame is so loose the lca is way wobbley so loks like i need to swap out k frame alan

ok swapped out k frme but short one of th pieces thaet mount to engine are both sides the same on a 71 or what?

If you see booger welds on a k-member they are factory. Good welds are done elsewhere.

Jim, you are truly funny, and right!! My buddy and I agree that Chrysler must have gone out and hired high school kids to do the K-frames for a summer job.

-
Back