**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Thanks guys!

Rear seat belts in and bottom part of rear seat. I cut in the speakers at the rear package tray and will be doing an overlay. The trunk is done.

I was going ape **** and thought I was going to finish it all tonight but I looked on my shelf and I only got a 1/4 can of spray glue..... F**kkkkkkkkkk :banghead: I thought I had a full can.
Anyway I quit when I get pissed so I don't jack something up. I will be heading to Home Depot in about 15 minutes so I am ready early in the morning.

View attachment phpuHeJfxPM.jpg

View attachment phpmmetFKPM.jpg

View attachment phpG2wC6tPM.jpg

Great job Louis,nice to see you near the end of this part of your transformation to the way you want the car.:thumbup:

Great job Louis,nice to see you near the end of this part of your transformation to the way you want the car.:thumbup:

Thanks Scott!

When this phase is done I still gotta finish up the Ford 9". It is all cut and tacked together I just need a couple hours to Tig weld the ends on and mount/Tig the Perches where they go. The new Aluminum case with 4.30 Gears is being assembled and I should have it on Monday or Tuesday.

When I go to install it I will be cutting out the front hangers & making new ones then Cutting off the rear shackle's "Previous person HACKED both the front and rear mounting points pretty good" and mounting sliders on the rear frame rails. When I do this I am going to sit the car lower than it is now and drop the front end on the floor so I can use the full front suspension on Launch to transfer the weight to the Rear tires.

Well it is all done for now! I took it out without even washing it and tuned on the caltracs a bit and almost got them right, couple more tweaks and it should be good.

I went through a whole bottle of NOS and Yes I beat on it! It almost got away from me a couple times but I kept in it, then pulled over and did a cal trac tweak and went after it again. The temp never got over 190* and it was HOT out. It is running FAT, FAT, FAT..... I need to tweak on the carb a bit..... o2 gauge is in the 12.8 - 13.5 range when I am at WOT.

It bounces around at idle at around 11.6 - 12.0 - 13.2 isn , when I start off on throttle from a signal it will go 11.6 - 12.0 then at cruise it is 13.4 isn. Thik I need to open up the idle air bleeds a bit and jet it down some.

As far as on the NOS Hit..... F**ckkkkk that looking at the gauge stuff. Too much stuff is flying by WAY to fast. Lol < I will eventually get use to it and be able to glance over at the 02 gauge. My main concern on the NOS is keeping it going in a straight line! haaaa

Attachments

• phph4ErbePM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 478
  • phpEOMa2XPM.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 467
  • php80St5tPM.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 486
  • phpj7UNTtPM.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 465
  • php6lunimPM.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 473
  • php18pmzRPM.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 487
12.8-13.5 is lean

13.4 on cruise isn't bad. Could maybe run a bit leaner, but, that's not a bad number.

If you can data log with the AFR, using RPM that would help a bunch.

12.8-13.5 is lean

13.4 on cruise isn't bad. Could maybe run a bit leaner, but, that's not a bad number.

If you can data log with the AFR, using RPM that would help a bunch.

Lol, Higher the number means FAT right....... haaaa ? I pulled a plug and it tells a different story. They look way rich......... Hmmmmm and when I stop on it it Puffs a bit and its stinky.

I don't have a data logger. The gauge has the output for one but.........

So what would be the Ultimate best case number on that Gauge?? I thought around 11.8 or so would be the target?

Well I learned all this other stuff. I'll study up on this o2 sensor tuning and get it all down & quickly! I ain't bullshittinnnnn!

Get it the 14-14.5 range idling and see where it goes WOT.11.5-12.5ish is a good number to shoot for. On the bottle 11.5 would probably be as high as youd want.

I studied up on those articles I posted. Lots of information. I will read it all again but for now I will be ordering up all of the parts and tools I will need so I will be ready to get this tuning handled asap.

IFR, IAB and the emulsion changes will clean it up at cruise.

I'd start with the IFR first.

IFR, IAB and the emulsion changes will clean it up at cruise.

I'd start with the IFR first.

After reading the thread it all seems easy enough to get it right...... most people will not take the time to learn any of it or do it. I am familiarizing myself with all of the language associated with these carb parts along with learning all of the ports of the metering blocks and what they actually do. Also what the numbers on the Wide Band actually mean so I don't look like a jackass anymore on the subject!

At least I am starting pretty close to where it needs to be numbers wise. It runs clean, no hesitation, no hiccup's, sputters, coughing or any of that at all.

I am ordering the small drill set from 1-60 & 61-80 , pin gauges, Bottom Taps in 4-40, 6-32, 8-32 & 10-32, The blank plugs from Mcmaster Carr and a gallon of Witzkie from corner liquor so I stay calm when doing this surgery! Lol :D

I hope to have everything by this weekend and I will start messing with it. I will be re arranging my fuel line entry to the carb bowls as well so they can come off easily for any changes needed for both present and future.

Don't forget lube... :)

I don't use 4-40's, smallest I have is #6. Use bottoming taps to set depth.

It will make a big difference in how it runs around town. Might even help with fuel economy, except for Chief Leadfoot always hammering on it! LOL

I'm going to get some tools to do E-85 conversions.

Don't forget lube... :)

I don't use 4-40's, smallest I have is #6. Use bottoming taps to set depth.

It will make a big difference in how it runs around town. Might even help with fuel economy, except for Chief Leadfoot always hammering on it! LOL

I'm going to get some tools to do E-85 conversions.

Funny the guy's in that thread say to use "Nose Grease" -- wipe the bit across your sweaty *** nose and they say it works very well.

I really want to clean up the idle so it is not stinky at all and hopefully that will get it a lil more crisp on the thump of the cam in the process. Better fuel economy at cruise is always good. But yes I am a LEAD FOOT! haaaa

I picked up all the bottom taps just now at Ace Hardware, I got all the sizes and they will just be in my carb tuning box incase I ever need them, also picked up the 1-60 carbide drill bits. I could not find the 61-80 sizes though. I had a cheap *** set of drill bits but I figure for sure they would just break so I nutted up and bought the good ones.

Yes e85 is my next venture. I have a station about 4 miles from my house finally.

Just ordered the rest of the stuff. 2 - Pin vise drill sets 61-80 and all the brass plugs needed.

Here are all the brass plug part numbers if anyone needs them. I over killed my order but I don't want to need something and not have it after I start on it. Again this will all go in my Carb Tuning Tools so I will be ready for whatever.

View attachment Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 1.28.25 PM.jpg

McMaster Carr is like lightening! Order showed up already!

Waiting on Pin Gauge set and 61-80 drill sets. I have everything else.

Throw some Avenged Sevenfold in there too!

Waiting on the Pin Gauge Set.

I also just ordered a whole bunch of Holley parts. Pump Squirters "Misc" , Different Accelerator Pumps. Pump Cams and Misc Power Valves from 2.5 to 9.5 , this way I don't have to stop in the process waiting for anything and can finish it all hopefully in a day or so. When I get the carb on the bench I will be pin gauging everything "Keeping good notes in the process and making sure to document what the carb has in all aspects before I start" and drilling tapping everything so it will all be fully adjustable. Anything with a brass plug will get it! Lol

Taking the car out Friday to Grand. After all the parts get here the carb tuning will start.

On another note I went to shut the hood last night and the Passenger side hood spring popped off......... F****k I swear, I will have my hands on every part of this POS for sure without a doubt by the time it is all said and done! Damn...............

Waiting on....

Pin Gauge Set
NHRA Approved Battery Box
Shifter
Patients to fix the Hood Hinge.

In the mean time I have washed the POS and have been cleaning my garage. What a mess! Lol

I am going to throw a wax on it tomorrow. Road grime, bugs, rubber etc comes off way easier....... Gunna spray the lower quarters with WD-40! Lol I know cracked remembers those days!

-
Back