**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
I messed around with the front end height some more. I took off the bump stops so I can get the height right first. I will order new polyurethane stops then cut them down if need be for maybe 1/4 to 1/2" clearance. I already have the upper stops that are wider than factory to catch more of the Tubular arm. They are tall so those will be cut down as well.

I Put the sticker across the windshield. It was supposed to be a Green Center with Chrome outline but it came Chrome & White. I have a guy here in town that can make me a new one Green/Chrome. I am picky...... Lol

I got the trunk masked off and the tubes painted. I put a fan on it after an hour of it starting to dry so I can get the trunk back together here soon.

View attachment IMG_7194.jpg

View attachment IMG_7195.jpg

View attachment IMG_7190.jpg

View attachment IMG_7196.jpg

View attachment IMG_7197.jpg

You left out the picture of you crawling the trunk to get paint on the tops of those bars???? That woulda been funny. Looks awesome!

You left out the picture of you crawling the trunk to get paint on the tops of those bars???? That woulda been funny. Looks awesome!

Lol...... I actually went through the back seat opening to get the tops & back of all them bars. Still was a PITA.

Have I ever told you guys I hate painting?? I seriously do! :banghead:

WOW! ! ! That looks badass that low, can't wait to hear this thing fire. Is your k member the lowest part of the car now? How much clearance do you have?

WOW! ! ! That looks badass that low, can't wait to hear this thing fire. Is your k member the lowest part of the car now? How much clearance do you have?

4" to the K Frame, 2.75" to the bottom of the Pan..... It is pretty low! 22 1/4" to the fender lip off the ground.

The tires turn as well without hitting anything so far. The top of the tire is in a bit cause I dropped it so low. I will adjust it and bring the top of the tire back out and see where it is when I install the tubular uppers.

Car owners form of the olympics...

Now on uneven bars or at least trying to paint them... from the USA :)

I have a caster/camber gauge if you want to do a garage alignment. It's not pretty, but, works great.

Looks good

4" to the K Frame, 2.75" to the bottom of the Pan..... It is pretty low! 22 1/4" to the fender lip off the ground.

The tires turn as well without hitting anything so far. The top of the tire is in a bit cause I dropped it so low. I will adjust it and bring the top of the tire back out and see where it is when I install the tubular uppers.

Cool, that's what I'm shooting for as well. I'm going to cut up my pan and widen it so it doesn't hit though.

Cool, that's what I'm shooting for as well. I'm going to cut up my pan and widen it so it doesn't hit though.

I drove my 70 Swinger with a 4 speed all over the place. It had 14" Wheels though. It sat probably 1" higher than my Scamp does now. I had the same pan on it as well. Just got to be mindful of what is going on around you..... ALL the time. I have had lowered cars since I started driving. I hope that experience helps me on the Scamp.........

View attachment Mad Dart Pose.jpg

Car owners form of the olympics...

Now on uneven bars or at least trying to paint them... from the USA :)

I have a caster/camber gauge if you want to do a garage alignment. It's not pretty, but, works great.

Looks good

I might take you up on that offer! I was going to buy one to have around.

Got 1 side done with the Tubular Upper, Wilwood Calipers, Mancini Adapters, new Rotors and drop line. I had an issue with the stock brake hose and line on this side. I sprayed PB Blaster on the fitting cause it would not budge. The PB Blaster did not to anything, it laughed at it and it sat on it for days on end so......... I fired up my propane torch and headed the fitting a bit. It came loose instantly, Heat works miracles.

Anyway this was another ***** project. The other side should go way smoother than this one.

I cut the upper bump stop down a bit and ended up with 8.5" from ride height to full droop................ It is LOOSE as a GOOSE too! I can always limit the front end travel by adjusting the upper bump.

I shot another coat of paint on the trunk tubes today. After it dries I will strip the Paper and masking out of it and start the install of the trunk.

View attachment IMG_7203.jpg

View attachment IMG_7208.jpg

Haaa, I just noticed I got the pass side rotor on the drivers side! I will swap it out when I do the other side... What an idiot! Lol:banghead:

Front brakes are all done now. Just have to bleed all 4 corners.

I took all of the paper and masking out of the trunk. There was 2 areas that needed touch up from the green bleeding through so I took care of that this morning. The trunk will be ready for me on Friday to cut in the Mat, Install the Fuel Cell, NOS Bottle & the Battery. After that a little wiring then the rear firewall.

So close I can taste it!

View attachment IMG_7214.jpg

View attachment IMG_7215.jpg

View attachment IMG_7216.jpg

NICE ! your just about there. I'm buying stock from your tire dealer. lol
I allready have oil company stock. lol

I finally got the trunk & all the wiring in the rear of the car done, Relay's, Fuel Pumps etc. Battery installed and fuel cell is hooked up for good and all plumbed in.

I may put some fuel in it tomorrow and fire it off. I am curious what it is going to sound like.

Onto the inside of the car now. I have about 7 more wires to hook up. RPM Activated switch and a LED so I know when the 2nd fuel pump is activated. Wires are already ran for the LED. Just got to mount it.

View attachment IMG_7241_2.jpg

View attachment IMG_7239.jpg

View attachment IMG_7242_2.jpg

View attachment IMG_7243_2.jpg

View attachment IMG_7244_2.jpg

View attachment IMG_7245_2.jpg

View attachment IMG_7247.jpg

View attachment IMG_7248_2.jpg

View attachment IMG_7249_2.jpg

Very Clean...

I have something you can work on if you get bored!!! LOL

-