**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Very Clean...

I have something you can work on if you get bored!!! LOL

Thanks Rob! That trunk kicked my ***! Was a lot more work finishing it up than I thought it would be. Yesterday I put in a solid 10 hours. The day before at least 7 hours. Cutting in that rubber mat was a PITA. I kept checking my measurements over and over before I would cut anything, ADD,ADHD was kicking in big time. It took forever!

Looking great Mad Dart! Only neg comment is I don't think the battery will come out without loosening or unbolting the box. That front susp / brakes also look great. You need to tell us what it weighs with you in it after all is done and you get to the track.

Must be nice having a shop in a warm climate. I am at a standstill here.

Looking great Mad Dart! Only neg comment is I don't think the battery will come out without loosening or unbolting the box. That front susp / brakes also look great. You need to tell us what it weighs with you in it after all is done and you get to the track.

Must be nice having a shop in a warm climate. I am at a standstill here.

Shoot it's been 36* in the mornings. That is cold for us Californian's.

2 wing nuts, the box will tilt & the battery will slide out. Don't think I will need to take it out for a long while. Those Oddesy Battery's last a long, long time. 850CCA 1500 HOT cranking 5sec Burst & 135 min reserve. I ran 2 of these in my boat. Never left me stranded with a 2000 watt banging stereo as well. I had a really small one on my buggy it never let me down either. 1 should be good for this set up.

I got the firewall all done. I went to 2 metal surplus yards in town. The first didnt have any aluminum sheet big enough to get it done in 1 piece so I went to the 2nd one. I almost got skunked there too but I happened upon a nice sheet that was bent right after the 55" that I needed. Price was 2.15 per pound 3 sheer cuts later I walked out with a $21.00 bill. Not bad for how nice the piece is. I pulled the rear speakers in the tray and put a solid piece over the package tray as well. Thickness on the material was .040 , NHRA calls out for .032 if it is Aluminum so I am over just a bit...... I ended up rolling 3 beads in it to try and keep the rattles down. I also used some 1 sided foam tape before screwing it all down.

The interior is going back together and I hope to have it all in by tomorrow along with the rest of the wiring. Only thing left will be to bleed the brakes after that.

I have an alignment appointment on Saturday afternoon. Aram my racer buddy's friend works at Midas so he is going to hook me up. I got all the specs for him so he will not need to think much! Lol

View attachment IMG_7252.jpg

View attachment IMG_7253.jpg

View attachment IMG_7254.jpg

View attachment IMG_7255.jpg

Have you raced this car yet? (sorry I did not read the whole thread)

No. Car has been in Surgery going on 60 days. It is almost done. First track day I believe will be January 17th. Track Rental for test and tune, hot lap city. $100.00 per Car. I should be ready easily. Car gets alignment this Saturday.

$100 for TnT? Man, around here it is $20 and they prep the track.

I think you mis understood.......... $100.00 is Track Rental not TNT. TNT is $40.00 on regular days but you would be lucky to get 4 passes cause it is so crowded. There will only be a maximum of 30 or so cars on the track at Track Rental....... It includes, Ambulance, Safety crew and track prep. No long lines..... Run your car 100 times if you want to. 1 thing to remember, this is California, you gotta pay triple to play here!

http://www.baronadrags.com

I was going to ask if this was on the res.

Maybe I need to get my stuff finished. :)

You guys are funny.. I beat to my own drum. Only person I need to impress is me. Married, 3 kids, 2 in college other is singer, actress, dancer & I'm Self Employed with enough bills to choke a Hippo... I'm doing just fine on my timing.

You guys are funny.. I beat to my own drum. Only person I need to impress is me. Married, 3 kids, 2 in college other is singer, actress, dancer & I'm Self Employed with enough bills to choke a Hippo... I'm doing just fine on my timing.

You receiving pm's to hurry up? If not, I'll send one lol.

No seriously, hurry the hell up so I can live out my fantasies of street racing by watching videos of your car!

I'm not sure if you were taking my comment or Mshred's as a jab but mine wasn't meant to be and I don't think his was either. I may be an asshole but that question didn't show it. I know the car was complete at one time and has been changed up so I thought maybe somewhere in there you had gotten some baselines. Don't take it personal, I'm just a dumb kid with a small block street car lol

I'm not sure if you were taking my comment or Mshred's as a jab but mine wasn't meant to be and I don't think his was either. I may be an asshole but that question didn't show it. I know the car was complete at one time and has been changed up so I thought maybe somewhere in there you had gotten some baselines. Don't take it personal, I'm just a dumb kid with a small block street car lol

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was running before and never heard any ET's from it.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was running before and never heard any ET's from it.

Lol, You know nothing about what this car had, how it ran or what was messed up on it. Start at the beginning of the thread and then you may start to understand what I have been having to deal with to make it right. Only a stupid **** would have tried to run this car down the track in its previous condition. That is all I have to say about that.

Lol, You know nothing about what this car had, how it ran or what was messed up on it. Start at the beginning of the thread and then you may start to understand what I have been having to deal with to make it right. Only a stupid **** would have tried to run this car down the track in its previous condition. That is all I have to say about that.

I was a bit puzzled who you were responding to...

You receiving pm's to hurry up? If not, I'll send one lol.

No seriously, hurry the hell up so I can live out my fantasies of street racing by watching videos of your car!

Lol

Jan 17th is the date for the shakedown. I have the M/T slicks in the garage that I bought a few months ago. I will be at Champion wheel on the 5th of Jan to order the new dedicated wheels for them. They say I should have them by Jan 15th so hopefully I will not have to run my Drag Radial set up.

It's all good. It's that time of the month and on top of that I forgot to take my Prozac the last 2 days in a row! Lol

Sounds like my car before i started, that thing would death shake at about 100mph, hopefully it's safe when I'm done lol.

Mad, I don't think anyone is knocking you dude...I was just busting your balls! LOL

If the street is your thing, aint nothing wrong with that. For me with a car like that it wouldn't be about impressing anyone by taking it to the track, but just get an idea of what it can do...I mean, aren't ya slightly curious?? Just a bit...?? LOL

Dumb kid with a street car? Sanbaggin Cheese Farmer more lik it!!! LMAO

Ray

-
Back