**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Best way to do it if you want to actually test or tune anything.

Yes Pete and I have spoke about this. He has been at this game for a very long time. I need him to be there to fine tune the suspension so I can learn as well. I will not be going without him.

Barona on the 22nd has a Jr. Dragster event with an open Test & Tune lane. I am going to do some digging around and see how crowded that event gets. Might be a good time to get out there who knows.

Yes, I have burned up some fuel. Car runs good and goes straight. The coil overs and ladder bars ride HELLAA better than leaf springs. Nice and smooth. All of the Hype of a solid mounted ladder bar & Spool while on the street is total HORSESHIT is all I can say about that. There are no negatives so far at all.... Even while off camber turning into a driveway. It does not do any of the things that all the NAY sayers talk about. Another MYTH Busted is how I feel about that. The exhaust system is pretty damn loud when stomping on the throttle. It seems to quite down on a JUICE blast. Not as Pitchy.

The 4.30 Gears don't seem too radical either. I am going to gauge RPM with my GPS and see what my MPH is on the FWY.

One thing that I would like to do is add power steering. I was thinking about it even before I installed the new rear end. That could roll into the same thing as the rear end did..... New K Frame etc with a Power Rack on the menu?? Damn.........

There is a local "all car" cruise in tonight at 8pm. Going to possibly head over there and check it out.

Glad to hear about the spool. I've been on the fence about changing mine.

I've been using my gps for some time now as my speedo. Works nice. 410 gears, 29.5 inch tall tires. I'm running about 2800-3000 at 55mph.

Yes Pete and I have spoke about this. He has been at this game for a very long time. I need him to be there to fine tune the suspension so I can learn as well. I will not be going without him.

Barona on the 22nd has a Jr. Dragster event with an open Test & Tune lane. I am going to do some digging around and see how crowded that event gets. Might be a good time to get out there who knows.

28in tires and 4.30s?

Dang that is high haha.

Lol, All that stuff is a MYTH. Matter of fact most everything I have heard or read online is a MYTH regarding anything to do with what can and can't be done with these cars.

I use to run it down the FWY before the rear end swap with 3.91 gears @ 3650 RPM for 30-40 min straight. Not even letting off the throttle. It is in Happy zone. 175* Temps, 60 PSI Oil Pressure. Outside temps 95*+ , Wide Band 13.8-14.1

It is a Stroker too with a Solid Roller...... Ladder Bar & Spool. More than 700 HP on the Juice that Rev's over 7K RPM with a stock block & a 904..... None of this is possible per everything I have read and has been preached.....It should have blew up a long time ago.

Nah, I made that power spraying a stock block and crank with a 904 behind it. It got out of it's own way just fine lol

Nah, I made that power spraying a stock block and crank with a 904 behind it. It got out of it's own way just fine lol

I hear you.

Most guys talking all this negative stuff are not actually doing it themselves. They just repeat what they have read or heard from their Uncle's, brothers, sisters, kids, friends, cousin's, 3rd cousin's In-bread grandpa from 1922.

I hear you.

Most guys talking all this negative stuff are not actually doing it themselves. They just repeat what they have read or heard from their Uncle's, brothers, sisters, kids, friends, cousin's, 3rd cousin's In-bread grandpa from 1922.

Just remember this one, total time it and let initial fall where it may. LOL

I'm still waiting for some video of this thing rollin! I can't believe this thread was half way down the second page!

Dang that is high haha.

Sure they'll live at those rpm's on the highway, the problem is it gets real annoying real fast. My current car has 3.55 gears and 28" tires and even that combo isn't real relaxing on the highway.

Sure they'll live at those rpm's on the highway, the problem is it gets real annoying real fast. My current car has 3.55 gears and 28" tires and even that combo isn't real relaxing on the highway.

If you want a relaxing car buy a Cadillac! Lol , My mufflers are in the back, car has absolutely zero drone and it is actually pretty quite inside.

Saturday I burned 14 Gallons of Fuel.

Sunday I burned 27 Gallons of fuel in 1 day. Drove the piss out of it everywhere.

4.30 gears on freeway.... Rollinnnn too! RPM's right at 3650 Going 65 MPH for 1 hour blasts at a time. Most fuel I have ever burned in 1 day.

Murrieta to Yorba Linda met member Wazoo64 played cars for a bit then back toward Temecula to Oceanside, cruised the coast from there, Carlsbad, Torrey Pines, LaJolla, LaJolla Shores, all the way to South Mission Beach past the roller coaster.... Onto Fiesta Island, Mission Bay, Claremont then Mira Mesa. Had Dinner at Fudruckers, back through Mira Mesa to 15 Frwy and blasted back up to Murrieta. I never shut the car off from Temecula all the way to Clairmont where I re fueled it..... The car ran flawless!

Funny thing... I didn't even bring my tool kit or extra anything. No tools at all! Lol

:D

If you want a relaxing car buy a Cadillac! Lol

I'm thinking about it! LOL.

I had a 6 speed manual Cobra Mustang with Kenne Belle supercharger, boy did it spoil me with the highway RPM's. But I sold it and bought my Duster project, once the Mopar bug is in you there's nothing that compares. But I do want to hit some distant car shows without buzzing the motor the whole way. As soon as you go to a track you want them 4.56 gears!

I'm thinking about it! LOL.

I had a 6 speed manual Cobra Mustang with Kenne Belle supercharger, boy did it spoil me with the highway RPM's. But I sold it and bought my Duster project, once the Mopar bug is in you there's nothing that compares. But I do want to hit some distant car shows without buzzing the motor the whole way. As soon as you go to a track you want them 4.56 gears!

I hear that! A Gear Vendor's unit may be in order!

-
Back