74 Dart 360 Sport

-
July 1974 build date!

* I wonder if it's one of the LAST '74 360's built and one of the last with a hood scoop. I'm guessing the scoop is original even though it doesn't have the two approx. 4" holes in the hood at the outer edges of the underhood bracing "diamond". Someone once said that some scooped hoods came without holes, but I can't corroborate that. I picked up a scooped & striped hood with holes off of a confirmed '73 318 car years ago!

* It has a regular bumper brackets, not the shock absorber style. I believe some had the 5 mph bumpers & brackets but most were regular in the '74 model year.

* Love all the blue!

* Are the taillight bezels in decent shape. They are usually pretty pitted and/or have "warts".

* No bumper guards.:thumbsup: Anyone know if they were "optional" or could be deleted?
My guess is it's one of the last very few made this year I have read. I'm trying to stay course with stock for this reason. It's not terribly hacked up so that helps with replacing things. I sure wish they had fixed the leak windshield wiper pivot. Lot of rust cluster clean up harness scared crap out of me on light switch. I will slowly get this all ironed out. I'm having a hard time finding the door panel tops and rear sail panel caps. I'm keeping all the blue and the seats as they were. I will pull front seat this week and get it recovered and order carpet. The tail light bezel are pitted a bit for sure. I will probably send out see if they can rechrome depends on price. Lagoon blue is wild for sure!

Waiting on evaporust hopefully this removes the cancer from back of cluster housing and screws and such if not I will send in for restore and they can deal with it. Question has anyone painted this gloss white for a better light experience on the dash I remember my Duster was horrible at night. Also can you get away with led bulb or is this to much heat and strain on harness?

IMG_20211118_113742.jpg

Heat gauge was to far gone to save but other two work as they should tested low voltage. The heat gauge was rusted from the leak post fell out. 129 dollars yikes go look in parts forum.

Light switch connector tell me I'm wrong but Crown made plastic replacement is identical to original one. I know it will suck a bit pulling them out one by one but the idea of a pigtail with wires was not looking great either. Ordered along with dimmer switch and new headlight switch. I got month off soon I wanna take full advantage of the time. Next is look at the harness at bulkhead from alternator make sure it's ok. Interior side looked good just making sure no surprises or melting. Safety first.

IMG_20211119_153752.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting on evaporust hopefully this removes the cancer from back of cluster housing and screws and such if not I will send in for restore and they can deal with it. Question has anyone painted this gloss white for a better light experience on the dash I remember my Duster was horrible at night. Also can you get away with led bulb or is this to much heat and strain on harness?

View attachment 1715822088
Oh here it is all cleaned up worked great ordered Phillips led bulbs and new sockets. Some assembly required

IMG_20211118_190724.jpg

Opinion all is this B5 blue or ice blue B3 the title and Vin have not been much help or the other color from 1974? I'm starting the floor cut out as well I know I'm all over right now but I could not help myself. I found my charging issue me thinks that connection is melted. large black wire middle connection. If so I will have to do that as well I will do an engine harness for sure.

IMG_20211119_212145.jpg

IMG_20211119_211751.jpg

pic-8043884369456198863-1600x1200.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the seat stripped out needle scaler and will cut out and patch driver front floor and a few small spots. I have a brand new passenger but from I what see I only need a small piece to do 4x3 inch piece.

IMG_20211121_170449.jpg

Pretty sure that's b5. I don't think there was a ice blue in 74. Is that a 74 color chart?

hey 4.7.. i just read your story, nice work and keep going full steam ahead and keep the updates coming. im really enjoying seeing you tackle each problem as it arises. again nice job!...rich

hey 4.7.. i just read your story, nice work and keep going full steam ahead and keep the updates coming. im really enjoying seeing you tackle each problem as it arises. again nice job!...rich
Thanks I'm trying I got a ways to ago. I been lurking for 11 years wanting to do this. Its my dream and the car is close to my first car at 16 minus mine was a slant6 and not much fun . I have no pictures but I did the body work at 16 and got all done and mom rode in it and made me sell the car and got me a new car graduation. I was pissed about a little. Didn't want my Duster in her driveway LMAO. 52 well mom you can't stop me now!

Got the drivers side floor coming out. Great part is I can see they appeared they just relocated the shifter cable. Hopefully I can reconnect column and put the interlock linkage back on. Then I can weld this fing hole up and cutting job by Edward scissor hands... . Frame rails look great will clean up and put converter in them and get his part over with. Was going to call Safelite Auto glass to remove front and rear glass. Figure I should just pull dash and door panels anyways get the dash painted and finished up out of car. Still waiting on these parts for dash......update I got bulbs and sockets I need a heat gauge used is great if you got a Duster or Dart sport extra!

IMG_20211124_132019.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving all eat to much don't hide in garage today less you got cousin Eddie over from Kansas today! Take him for a ride scare him real good

Still gotta get the top seem of drivers floor pan then it should fall in place I left alot to trim I'm not with stupid I been paying attention . I will clean this all up use weld through primer mark and drill for welding. Then get a few small spots patched I will have a passenger side pan for sale if someone needs classic industries. No reason to do that side for a 3 x 3 inch patch hole that's maybe a qtr in size. Just wanna make sure I get it all. I'm guessing these holes on driver and pass side is real common under doors.

IMG_20211126_105656.jpg

IMG_20211126_105632.jpg

IMG_20211126_105604.jpg

More stuff came today still need a heat gauge and need to get rid of this passenger pan hint hint. Lacking the headlight dash harness connector and then I can paint dash button it all up. Seems going to have a lot of crap from China parts not thrilled but doubt I will find many NOS parts during my search. Thinking I get these patches done and can start cracking on the engine harness and components.

Perfect match Crown J3205596 connection to head light switch as mine was melted! I can start putting together and add the temp gauge later.

16380460355877109057335550849031.jpg

I'm going to do the amp meter delete after reading up see no reason to fix that badly designed alternator To firewall to dash back out to the solenoid just terrified me. Thanks for the write up that will help alot. Got a trunk extension passenger side on and got a prefit of back half. Quarters will be back on car soon. I'm excited soon I can deal with body work. Wife picked out some wheels 18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear. She also convinced me and I agree the black Rallye strip is coming back I hated the VIN shows a white stripe RT delete decal or I don't like it. Liberty taken. Color stays and interior stays same as it was new.

IMG_20211128_151503.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-090246.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-090236.jpg

I got the back qtr welded today still gotta finish welding wheel well and then this will need more filler. I won't butt weld again flange is easier for me. Tomorrow one step closer.

IMG_20211129_170725.jpg

IMG_20211129_170704.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't get the front done today I had yard work mountain of leaves no trees in my yard ! But I did get wheel well rebuilt and can start fitting the patch once the weld through dries a bit. May take a week off I got 3 weeks coming and need to prepare for sand the floor paint the fence wax on wax off..you get the just! Hopefully I can get this into primer stage and get the big mess cleaned up!

IMG_20211130_153849.jpg

Oh hey this was the car show Woolaroc drive in by Barret Jackson I believe great show beautiful cars this was when I walked out of work Bartlesville Oklahoma. They did a loop through Oklahoma on route 66.

IMG_20211007_163825.jpg

IMG_20211007_163513.jpg

I got the panel going on will close gap rocker shortly piece is made slowly turning back into a car. I have plenty to do but it's turning out great so far. Enjoy the update!

IMG_20211202_204505.jpg

Got the rest of the passenger side and wheel well and trunk extension welded and 3m epoxy. Let that sit overnight. I get all the clean up for patches little things here and there to do before I strip down and prime and start working it!

IMG_20211203_172614.jpg

I found my upper door and upper rear panels but is 340 dollars to much no cracks only have to paint them. Also can someone please get some pictures of a 727 column shift car with factory linkage I need to get the column linkage back on there so I can finish my floor.

Floor drivers side test fitted still have to mark drill weld take in and out God knows how many times! Then I have patch all the small stuff I attached here. We decided the white stripes interior are super expensive we're just going the lagoon blue same carpet and seat style's.

IMG_20211204_124314.jpg

IMG_20211204_124306.jpg

IMG_20211204_124253.jpg

IMG_20211204_124300.jpg

IMG_20211204_124221.jpg

IMG_20211204_124215.jpg

-
Back