74 Dart 360 Sport

-
Got the drivers pan 90 percent there. I did both spot-weld and 3M weld through epoxy. I will do epoxy front half as it will be strong and I can still seam seal it. Will start on the other pan patches this week. Big push to get all the welding done. Considering pulling engine trans and rear end and doing those out of car so I can get underneath it. I went this far I may as well spin her over! Would sure let me finish the bottom how I want it. Sure is nice that dropping rust all over now is over with. That is a welcome thing!

IMG_20211205_164424.jpg

Ordered my thermoquad rebuild kit today brass floats and going to compression test this 360 see where I'm at. If good Im going to go cam and and bigger valves and I guess hardened seats I read an issue on these 74 360 HP heads. Cam looks like one of the comp energy cams will get me close to 350. Reading the stock intake will work fine thermoquad CFM with a stock looking build. Not a fan of buying a small cfm makes little sense to me if doing that may as well do EFI. I may go ahead and do a lower end as well just to protect my investment maybe deck block raise compression a little. Thinking this will save major cash and still have a fun car. Not looking to run 11s maybe a high 12 to mid 13 would be fun and street car the wife can drive and enjoy with me. I'm being very concious of the fact low numbers produced and the carb and block heads match the year and appear original. I love stroker idea however that's a frame rails change. I don't think I need that. I would like to change bushing Types front end rebuild it with PST and I'm wondering on the quick ratio make my own or go Borgesen and shorty headers. Headers are in there but they are knuckle dragging. Could clean up look underneath and I can do a full tti front to back it was a dual exhaust car I have all the hardware and hangers. Looking for engine builder in Tulsa suggestions are welcome. Open to ideas here but not Edelbrock avoiding those kind of mods want keep my linkage and look stock as possible.

Ok back to reality and welding . I got 5 pieces cut out and two welded in. I will get other three tomorrow and I did a little filler. I know I need to strip the car down I will. Got the door someone else repaired bottom curled in more. The lines will look good not going to be fun doors and quarters.

IMG_20211210_165103.jpg

IMG_20211210_165053.jpg

IMG_20211210_165000.jpg

IMG_20211210_164947.jpg

IMG_20211210_165018.jpg

Last edited:
More patches in today. I have couple small spots behind brake pedal and by trans tunnel. So vacuum this out and get it covered! Weather permitting still on target Oklahoma climate really helps. My humid garage does not help much really gotta get this stripped and epoxy down so I can work the body. Hopefully get floor jams hood and trunk and trunk lid next few weeks. Nason has a B5 blue I'm digging will probably go with it.

IMG_20211211_143305.jpg

IMG_20211211_143322.jpg

IMG_20211211_143315.jpg

Floor boards are done. Clean this all up rough it up some and corroseal and paint! Then back to final weld up lower rocker panel. I plan to make a list and start following things in order. I need to get a plan in writing and follow it. I read up on engine labs a 360 build and my plan for 400 HP looks very doable. Don't have to tear it up and should be very happy with the power.

IMG_20211212_181824.jpg

Ok so I made my list and plan to go and tag some things I need to and bag up and hang up on the wall. The list are laughable for sure but at 52 **** man I need all the help I can. I don't got any support from buddies local building so Im on my own. This site is a lifeline for sure. 2300 list stuff I gotta buy that's minus the 360 makeover and wheels and tires. Notice some have no price Im guessing another 7k to 10000.

IMG_20211213_204948.jpg

IMG_20211213_205112.jpg

IMG_20211213_205136.jpg

So got the last of the floor boards cleaned up seem sealer removed sanded and vacuumed. Cleaned again and Corroseal applied. I used many led lamps under and it was dark as night inside no pinholes. I FOUND MY BUILD SHEET HOORAY AND THE BROKEN PLASTIC FROM THE SAIL PANELS!

IMG_20211214_204004.jpg

IMG_20211214_204054.jpg

Nothing exciting today doing some cleanup welding and I did get a quart of B5 Lucerne Blue to do the floor board. See what I think it's single stage one quart don't think that will go real far to do hood and doors. This is more a test in the color.

So after post Saturday thought I don't feel right bam full blown stomach flu first two days vacation. Today supposed to be off emergency work 3 hours. Help daughter out watch new grand daughter 2 weeks old. Finally I got this done supposed to warm up will hopefully paint floors finish this side. Got the passenger rocker done today so I can start shaping this side! If a volcano erupts or 10.0 mega earthquake I will not be shocked at all .....

IMG_20211220_190734.jpg

Passenger side welded and stripped paint off areas for filler. Will get more this side tomorrow and then start in last part drivers more filler maybe will be needed there well see.

IMG_20211221_170528_01.jpg

Some shaping and sanding not much else feel like crap. May have to take a break on this for a bit.

Took her outside today cleaned all the dust up. Starting to shape up real nice pleased when primed what I found. One small dent front driver fender and pass door. Will get all the trim removed and glass. So I can properly sand and shoot some 2k.

XMAS nobody over today so got the welding done. I didn't get to sand or prime or remove trim today. But other than little clean up welding 5 or 6 holes floor pan from under side, the quarters are on and the rust is repaired. I will remove all the old sealer I can mini blast those spots and Corroseal those little areas that are tight.

IMG_20211225_165429.jpg

IMG_20211225_165417.jpg

I had a kind of big day. Lost 4 days vacation being sick turns out my mother expired crap. Lol don't get me started when your parents get old read the dates on the sour cream ROFL. That's said I painted the floor boards next comes the other stuff doors trunk under hood. Also got under bumper area that was ready

IMG_20211226_133402__01.jpg

IMG_20211226_133435.jpg

IMG_20211226_133451.jpg

IMG_20211226_133506.jpg

IMG_20211226_133514.jpg

Happy new year I won't get my seats back till May so I will have plenty of time to get **** right else where. Mean while enjoy my Mopar kitchen! I did go with black front and back bench seats with a very bright blue piping! I'm excited I wanted something different. I almost went orange. That is for the E body I will go all orange!

IMG_20211231_170220.jpg

Lots of sanding and filler today top of fender patches are 90 percent there. Quarters are 75 percent. Few low spots and finishing to do I got the seam sealer inside done today. Plan to keep working body and I have sound deadening to install as well. Hopefully Monday I can strip out trunk and sand and Corroseal. Got the car cradles today wow what a life saver just nice to move around the car no big deal! I can't wait to spin her around for painting!

Screenshot_20220101-195453.jpg

IMG_20220101_195815.jpg

IMG_20220101_195800.jpg

Monday is looking good to get trunk done and hopefully paint and strip under passenger and driver floor boards. Imagine my surprise that lead was weird areas trunk tail panel and roof lines off. For sure never been painted. Amazing how poorly this plant painted this car. Soon as I said the plant name my Dad started laughing. Quote those guys did some bad things. He worked for Chrysler 30 years before he had enough. You can look up tag see the plant for yourself. First page has the vin. Enjoy the progress pictures of filler and shaping. UGH this phase can't be over soon enough!

IMG_20220102_204811.jpg

IMG_20220102_204807.jpg

Very cool car. Kinda a "last hoorah" for "performance" of that era. Very worthwhile restoration. Nice work!

Ok so I made my list and plan to go and tag some things I need to and bag up and hang up on the wall. The list are laughable for sure but at 52 **** man I need all the help I can. I don't got any support from buddies local building so Im on my own. This site is a lifeline for sure. 2300 list stuff I gotta buy that's minus the 360 makeover and wheels and tires. Notice some have no price Im guessing another 7k to 10000.

View attachment 1715836230

View attachment 1715836231

View attachment 1715836233
LOL.. THE LIST..
People have no idea how important that is...
Keep rockin...

LOL.. THE LIST..
People have no idea how important that is...
Keep rockin...
Yeah right the list I'm old I can't remember all this crap . Right now trudging through sanding the car but it's getting better lines are there now and it's looking good with primer. I have to clear some spaces on my shelves for crap in trunk. I wish my seat guy was ready I gotta get these out of here and over to him hassle moving them around.

Yeah right the list I'm old I can't remember all this crap . Right now trudging through sanding the car but it's getting better lines are there now and it's looking good with primer. I have to clear some spaces on my shelves for crap in trunk. I wish my seat guy was ready I gotta get these out of here and over to him hassle moving them around.
I took my seat for my truck to my upholstery guide a good 6 7 months ago... I told him don't even get started till after the beginning of the year just get it out of here so I have room....
Making the list helps get it all off your head as well so you can just work on one thing at a time... Having all those aspects and things in your head doesn't allow you to move forward...

I took my seat for my truck to my upholstery guide a good 6 7 months ago... I told him don't even get started till after the beginning of the year just get it out of here so I have room....
Making the list helps get it all off your head as well so you can just work on one thing at a time... Having all those aspects and things in your head doesn't allow you to move forward...
Yeah my seat guy is 73 years young. He goes at his own pace. He had a Bel Air wagon he was doing leather in the little shop he has. Beautiful car on a Corvette chassis with LS3 I think he said two tone blue and silver.. He thinks he may start on mine come late March early April. Only reason I got in was my car was a classic he don't mess with repairs and kids. He doesn't store either only what he is working on is in the shop. He don't want anything stolen or damaged. Like he said it's hard to find things those seats like mine no rust look new. He saw those was happy said oh I get an easy one. Front and back bench black and blue cord to match my blue for a thousand is very fair. I can't buy covers for that.

Yeah my seat guy is 73 years young. He goes at his own pace. He had a Bel Air wagon he was doing leather in the little shop he has. Beautiful car on a Corvette chassis with LS3 I think he said two tone blue and silver.. He thinks he may start on mine come late March early April. Only reason I got in was my car was a classic he don't mess with repairs and kids. He doesn't store either only what he is working on is in the shop. He don't want anything stolen or damaged. Like he said it's hard to find things those seats like mine no rust look new. He saw those was happy said oh I get an easy one. Front and back bench black and blue cord to match my blue for a thousand is very fair. I can't buy covers for that.
My guy is my best friend's work mate.. he's in the 60s and has a little shop he made behind his house and does it for a little side money and because he likes to. He does furniture and all kinds of other stuff as well... charged me 250 for my front bucket seats and of course I have a taste for the exotic with alligator skin inserts I couldn't help but give him the back seat for another 250...
I think the truck seat is going to be more of a cloth as I want it to be comfortable for daily driving.. he's got all my visors and actually my back jump seats as well..
IMG_20200414_143644.jpg

-
Back